[Guide] Toronto; The Mandem Manual

QknatCG.png

The Mandem Manuel; Introduction
What is roleplay though? All jokes aside, this is going to be your all in one manual/guide to roleplaying like a Toronto mans. Now, most of you are going to look at the entirety of the post and pull the TL:DR and roleplay something else. For those of you who are interested in roleplaying something a little out of your comfort zone or you are just curious, I hope I don't bore you to sleep. So in this paragraph, I am just going to be listing what I am going to talk about, so basically a sum up of the entire thread. So things that I will be covering in this thread will be listed now; A brief history of Toronto, Diversity within Toronto, "alleged" local gangs, infamous locations and their terms, slang & dialect, local artists, and in the end I'll go over different ways characters can act and whatnot. For the record, I'm not from Toronto nor will I ever say that I am necessarily a Toronto man. Most of the stuff within this thread is solely research and from buddies of mine who live in the GTA. You might be asking yourself, "Do I really need to know this?" The answer is no. Honestly, if you skim throughout the thread and take bits and pieces of each paragraph and just try your best, you will eventually figure it out. Although, the more you read within this thread, the better you will be when trying to roleplay as or even with someone who is attempting it. Quite the lengthy introduction, but from here on out, you should learn a thing or two.

Toronto; A Brief History
Assuming most of you are not from Canada, nor have you ventured out to it before as it is not one of those types of places. Toronto is in Ontario, the province (not a state) that looks like a whale. Toronto is mostly known for the NBA team, the Toronto Raptors as well as it used to be home to the tallest tower in Canada, the CN Tower. Toronto is a big place compared to most cities in Canada as well as it has many counterparts or smaller places near it. A keyword to include all of those places is called the Greater Toronto Area or GTA for short. They are divided into several different sections, but I will go ahead and list the towns within the bounds of the GTA below this paragraph so that you can get an idea of where everything is and how big Toronto is. Honestly, this won't be questioned when you're trying to roleplay, but it's always nice to base your character out of a certain section of Toronto instead of saying "Yeah fam, I'm from Toronto styll." Also, personally I like to know the place where my character comes from myself. There isn't much more you need to know about for roleplay, but if you are interested I would go ahead and google it. Be wary of where you base your character out from because places like Brampton, Whitby, and even Ajax are usually looked at negatively. Also, I will not be including the counties around the GTA as they are somewhat far and I'm not one hundred percent knowledgeable on them. 

On top of everything, living in the GTA can be both positive and negative. For instance, the world is struggling with a massive poverty rate due to outrageous costs and wage altercations. This comes with every area, but in the GTA there are tons of individuals who struggle with poverty, whether they're immigrants, refugees, and/or born and raised Canadians, we all struggle with this. Even if you don't reside in Toronto or Ontario, Canada as a whole is struggling with massive amounts of poverty. I'm not saying everyone who lives in Canada is dead broke, nor am I saying is everyone is wealthy. Toronto especially, due to the city being quite massive in size, the poverty is noticeable. Whether you're in a rich suburban neighborhood such as Vaughan or you're a struggling immigrant from the Regent Park area. Be sure to jot this down as pretenses of poverty and somehow retrieving a lot of money IG can impact your character and change it quite immensely. 

Locations in the Greater Toronto Area
Durham Region

- Ajax
- Clarington
- Brock
- Oshawa
- Pickering
- Scugog
- Uxbridge
- Whitby

Halton Region
- Burlington
- Halton Hills
- Milton
- Oakville

Peel Region
- Brampton
- Caledon
- Mississauga

York Region
- Aurora
- East Gwillimbury
- Georgina
- King
- Markham
- Newmarket
- Richmond Hill
- Vaughan
- Whitchurch-Stouffville

Diversity In Toronto and Why?
Stereotypically, if you are not living in Canada or anyplace near Canada, you are met with four basic things. Everyone in Canada is white, nice, plays hockey, and drinks maple syrup. Truth be told, Canada is actually a diverse country and Toronto is a city that is home to many immigrants and refugees. Now personally, my city does not deal with immigrants too heavily, but Toronto sees tens of thousands from all over the world. If you were to walk the streets of downtown Toronto you are more likely to see East-Indians than Caucasian people at this point and no there is not a problem with that. Now before we get into a debate against how immigrants are doing blank to the country, lets fast-forwards to why this is. Toronto is a big place in Canada. If you ask any nation, Canada is the best place to go and if you are Canadian and you are traveling, they LOVE you. With all this respect Canada has, so many people are eager to immigrate and set their new lives up. With Toronto being such a huge place there are endless employment opportunities. As well as if you're working in Canada, the minimum wage is above $14.00 CAD which goes a long way if you live on the outskirts of the GTA. Among those immigrants you also have refugees. These are people that have fled their country due to issues that have raised there. For example, Syria. Syria has been a place of war since the dawns of times and hundreds of people have fled to Canada in hopes of a better life. With that being said in 2017 Canada took in more than 250,000 permanent residents and I'm sure close to 1/4th of those people have gone to Toronto due to its popularity. With all those people and tons of different nationalities, culture changes are bound to happen and that's what makes Toronto unique. There are tons of different people with different beliefs and different lives that want to express themselves which creates a whole new wave of culture. What does this mean for roleplay necessarily? You can almost RP as any race with any name and get away with it. As well as your character stories can almost be written as a fantasy and it'll probably make sense. Do with that information what you will.

Local Gangs/Criminal Organisations
Toronto isn't necessarily a gang-city. It's nowhere near Chicago but it does have it's trusty few like most cities. Of course, there are tons of gangs that we could not possibly know about, but that is just life. There are many gangs that do not apply to the topic of discussion right now so I will exclude them. (those include triads, hells angels, and vice lords) Before anyone says "Snitch", this is all common information that you can find on the web, so there isn't any dry snitching anyways. Toronto is home to many gangs obviously, but I'll keep it locked down to the two I feel are the most impactful and most known so that you're not reading through hours of text on some gang that doesn't change how you roleplay at all. The two most known gangs or whatever you want to call them in Toronto are the infamous Wass Gang and the Dixon Bloods. Again you can find information on both of these groups via Google, but I'll leave the basic stuff in the spoilers below as to not clog up everyone's screen. If you have any other information that you would like me to add to this section go ahead and PM me or just correct me in the comments. Again, if you are looking to do any extra research, I am sure you guys know how to use google.

Dixon Bloods
 - The Dixon Bloods are definitely a Blood-related organization that was actually founded in Canada. As I said this is all generic information that can be found online. The Toronto Police believe that the Dixon Bloods are solely responsible for Weapon Trafficking and Narcotics Trafficking. This group is based out of the Dixon High-rises in Toronto, Ontario and this building has been raided multiple times. A few years ago over forty people were arrested for being alleged members of the Dixon Bloods which allowed the Toronto Police to act on over thirty search and seizure warrants. Not only were those successful but over 40 guns were found alongside narcotics and bundles of cash. So much for just some Canadian boys, huh? Not only are they active in Toronto but the is allegedly known for operating up all the way to Edmonton. (Another city within Canada)

Driftwood Crips (Wass Gang)
 - Honestly, not much is known about Wass Gang via online so I'm not going to go ahead and expose anything untold. Although we do know the OG's FB and Robin Banks. Robin Banks and FB are both gang-related in the fact that they rep their movement (Uptop Movement) and their gang ties via their social media and music. They have many followers and "soldiers" as you would say and if you follow up on their music you might be able to write down a list. If you're interested in going down that path, I'll provide a few names such as Pressa, Burna Bands, and the Tallup Twinz. If you are not too quick to believe me on this if you search around enough, 9/10 of these guys have criminal records with either rough misdemeanors or felonies. But again, this is all general information that can be looked up via google. If you look into this for your character this will be a great addition as this influences most of Toronto due to the artists that are involved with this group are going mainstream. (Locally mainstream)

Jamestown Crips, Doomztown Crips, and/or the Jamestown Crew
 - The Jamestown Crew/Crips are stationed in the Rexdale area. The Rexdale, being in the York Region falls under the western end of Toronto and is home to a bunch of affiliate crews. The Jamestown Crew has been around for decades at this point and is known as one of the most intelligent criminal organizations that are based in Toronto. Although they weren't always affiliating themselves with the crip movement, the Jamestown Crew adopted the crip culture during the early 1990's. They are not only regarded as one of the largest criminal organizations but the most violent as well. As time goes on, the Jamestown Crips were thought to be doing a variety of crimes, they Toronto police took it upon themselves to take action and created the operation known as 'Project XXX'. During the usage of this operation, the Jamestown Crips were known to be involved with many different things such as, intimidating, fraud, and firearm and narcotic distribution. Name it, they've probably done or tried it at some point. The Jamestown Crips are to be known to be fueding with a rival crip set known as the Mount Olive Crips as well as the infamous Driftwood Crips.

Toronto; Its Go-to Areas.
No matter where you're going, every place has its attractions. Without going through too many places that aren't going to provide you any insight on the roleplay, I'll be listing a few below with some explanations around them, thus giving you some extra information if you're looking to roleplay from that particular area. These are just some random examples that I know are pretty out there so if you have information about something I didn't put here go ahead and message it to me and I'll go ahead and add it up as well.

Rexdale
- Rexdale in the York Region is home to the Jamestown Crips. They've got a few aliases' but only two stick out, the other being the Doomztown crips as stated above. They're known for operating out of the Jamestown Crescent area of Rexdale, Ontario, Canada. Although Rexdale has been a pretty popular area for new immigrants and individuals who struggle with extreme cases of poverty, it's quite rough. Tying if not surpassing the crime rate that resides in the Jane and Finch area. If you skimmed through the criminal organization section, I beg you to read up on the Doomztown Crips as it could provide a sense of character development. If you look up any information about the Jamestown Crips, this will lead you on a path to find out information about other gangs presiding in the Rexdale area, happy looking!

Jane And Finch
- Jane and Finch is a little neighborhood, again in the York Region that is home to several groups. The infamous Wass Gang or SOS (3L) is known to be operating in this area, but that's all speculation. This area is particularly known for being filled with mostly African-Canadians as well as it's a high-crime area. This neighborhood is one of, if not the worse neighborhood within Toronto. If your character comes from this area he or she is definitely going through multiple hardships and knows their way when involved within the streets. There is a nickname for this location, it's called the Jane Strip, but it refers to a singular road that cuts through the middle of the neighborhood.

Brampton
- Although, if you're familiar with Toronto or you have done a little bit of research, you should know what Brampton is. Brampton is an area in the Peel Region known for housing a lot of East Indians. Particularly if you're from this area you're referred to a Brampton Wasteyute compared to all of the other areas in the GTA. Assuming that most of you aren't going to be making a character based out of Brampton, it's always good to add just for RP sake. Brampton is a walking L and always will be. It's known for wannabe gang bangers and terrible drivers. Do with that information what you will. It's also been known that if someone claims they are from Brampton they'll say, "I'm from Toronto fham." and everyone else will be like "You're not even from Toronto.". Also, their artists and music aren't the best, but that's just my opinion. Good luck around other Torontonians if you pick this in your background.

Whitby
- Whitby is also one of those places like Brampton, but it's not really known. Whitby is home to a majority of white people. They are also wannabe gangbangers, but I imagine there are a few groups around that are into hitting small-time licks. Unlike Brampton, you might be able to salvage your IC career if you blurt out that you're from here. Again, not the most popular choice but it's still an option and it's quite cringing if you have watched any of the Whitby Yute videos.

Scarborough
- Scarborough is a rough place in the GTA. It's not necessarily controlled by a vast majority of gangs but there are a lot of groups in this area. Even if they aren't prevalent at this time there are a lot of bucktee's in this area that will fuck anything up. Refer to the paragraphs below if you're interested in what a bucktee is. If you're from here, your character is not necessarily wise as someone from another block, but he is your go-to guy if you need something handled. For example, if your friend got robbed or something and you needed someone to take care of it, the guy from Scarborough would probably be one of the best fits for this job depends on his backstory.

Richmond Hill
- Richmond Hill is another sector in the York Region that is home to all types of people. Whether you're an immigrant or even born Canadian, you're capable of living here. Richmond Hill is known for having all types of people as well as it's known for its high-income housing. Although many of these houses might seem huge and their prices outrageous, most of them are rented out in some way or another. There are a few negatives to being from this area, but any chirp from someone else can be deflected into a joke or something alike. You could say that this is a middle ground for everyone. Although for all my Richmond Hill sites out there, stop flexin' in your mommas' crib when you lowkey work at dairy queen.

Enough with the areas, you definitely get the jest. Of course, I could go on for days including every single place in Toronto, but that isn't going to get you better at roleplaying as a Toronto man. If you're still interested in other locations because these aren't really giving you the interest of being from Toronto go ahead and message me via PM's and we'll speak there. But yeah, those are the main few, I would suggest that you pick from that list due to the fact that most of what applies in this thread applies to those key areas.

Vaughan
 - Although at first glance, Vaughan appears to be a steady location in the York Region. It's filled with modern homes, malls, and everything suburban from head to toe. Beneath the surface and with a little bit of research you can locate information about the underworld in Vaughan from Canadian-Italian Mafia organizations to local cliques that serve very few purposes. Vaughan is particularly known to house the 'Ndrangheta branch of mafia which falls under the Calabrian tab. This just goes to show you the diversity, you don't have to solely roleplay an African-American gang banger that uses the ugliest of slang, be creative.

Hamilton
 - Although again, not really fond of any African-American gangs, but this community is also filled with numerous groups and cliques that reside within its region. Mostly known for the Italian side again, the Musitano Crime Family. Broke into three sections ran by three different criminal organizations or 'Sister-Sets', the Luppino Crime family and the weaker Papalia Crime Family. Through research, you can be provided with a hefty background story, that'll give you the ins-and-outs of there operation; obviously most of which is speculation.

Slang and Dialect
So everywhere you go is going to have different words that mean different things. As I stated in the introduction if you want to roleplay this, you're going to want to do it properly before you meet someone who is experienced with this shit and will embarrass you ICly and OOCly. Don't try to RP what you're not. That's the equivalent to someone roleplaying as a doctor, but they only know and have the knowledge of an EMT or Paramedic. At the end of the day, you're just going to be shooting yourself in the foot. Honestly, the stuff above is secondary to what this portion of the topic is about. If you can nail this particular section, I'm sure you "can" bullshit the rest of the stuff. With that being said, this is going to be the hardest part. If you can't really tell what I mean, go ahead and search "4 Yall Entertainment" in youtube and that'll explain most of the shit. If you stick to their Tyco stuff you'll be on the right path.

Common words
- Ahlie -- Ahlie is the equivalent to saying word. (Ex. "Bro, that's that hoe from Luxy's." > "Ahlie fam?")
- Dunnoe -- Dunnoe can be used in many different situations, it's commonly known for saying goodbye. (Ex. "I'll see you later dawg." > "Dunnoe.")
- Topleft -- Topleft can be compared to on my momma, it doesn't neccesarily mean the same thing, but it means what you're about to say next is one hundred. (Ex. "Yo fam, you didn't pine that shorty nize that." > "Dawg... Topleft, I pined the ting styll.")
- Nize -- Just means shut up. (Ex. Nize it fam.)
- Ting -- Any shorty/female. She doesn't have to be hot or anything. (Ex. "Ayo fam, fly to Benard, there's bare tings here.")
- Styll -- Honestly, I can't thing of anything that it compares to, it basically means though. (Ex. "I'd smash all tree styll.")
- Pine -- If you cant translate this, we're going to have some problems. (Ex. "Sayin' I pined shorty last night, 'eh?")
- Fam -- You're gonna wanna include this a lot. It's self explanitory as well. (Ex. Wagwan fam?)
- Wagwan -- Just means what's going on. (Ex. "Wagwan?")
- Sweeterman -- A cute nigga that has moves. (Ex. "Topleft, I'm a sweeterman dawg." > "Nize that, you're a wasteyute."
- Bucktee -- Another name for someone who is into hardcore drugs or is a tweaker. (Ex. "Yo fam, shorties tweakin' out styll." > "Just hit a bump namshayn, stoopid bucktee.")
- Cyatti -- Equivalent to a hoe or thot. (Ex. "Cuff-ting dawg." > "Nize, she's a cyatti styll.")
- Battri -- A girl for the SQUAAAD. (Ex. "I might wife that 'b." > "Battri ting?")
- Wasteman -- Someone you don't really fuck with. (Ex. "You know Kavian?" > "Ahlie fam, true-say he's a wasteman.")
- Yute -- A sneak-diss way to address someone of lower power. (Ex. "What you sayin' dawg?" > "Nuttin', just coolin' with a few yutes from the East, styll. ")
- Cuff-ting/wifey -- Basically you're day one chick that you fucks with. (Ex. "Sayin' I'm in love with shorty." > "Ahlie? Wife that styll.")
- Bones -- Dollars. (Ex. "Yo fam, lowe me tree bones for the TTC.")
- Bills -- Hundreds. (Ex. "You know I dropped tree bills on this louis bag dawg, nize." > "It's AAA styll.")
- Two-twos -- Basically means real shit, equivalent to topleft. (Ex. "Two-twos, I dummied the yutes 'b.")
- Defaz -- Equivalent to a punch or any form of battery. (Ex. "Sayin' I dealt with mans and handed him the ruuudest defaz.")
- Lowe -- Short form for allow. (Ex. "Lowe me fam or I'm callin' the buaydem.")
- Buaydem or Buay -- Equivalent to five-oh or cops. (Ex. "Yo fam, buaydem are in the ends styll.")
- Ends -- Your hood. (Ex. "Yo fam, buaydem are in the ends styll.")
- Roads -- The streets. (Ex. "Trust dawg, I been touchin' roads, namshayn?")
- Beak -- Mouth. (Ex.  "Nize your beak, guy.")

There are probably a few words I missed whilst writing this, so I'll update it as I go and remember them. It's hard to regurgitate it when you've been only remembering them for certain situations. If you know any of the ones I've missed, go ahead and message me them via PM's and I'll throw them on, a little bit of help goes a long way boys. As I stated above, I can't really tell you how to say and when to type everything so I suggest you visit that youtube channel and just have a listen. Most of the time they are talking rather quickly, but there are some subtitles, so good luck. This is a learning curve, trust me when I met these guys I roleplay today with I never understood a word when they were talking for the first couple weeks. Even I still fuck up from time to time so don't get down on yourself if you can't remember it. It is still a game at the end of the day.

Local Toronto Artists
If you're trying to roleplay something specific as Toronto, you have to be In with the culture. I'm not saying you have to like everything I put down in this thread, but liking it does help a little bit as personally I enjoy Toronto music. Some of it slaps, others it doesn't. Remember, just because you're from Toronto doesn't mean you have to like everything that your city makes, I'm just saying you should know about these select few.

K Money
- K Money is a rapper from North Jane. He's known to be in MG which as a local Toronto group/gang. MG Stands of Menace Gang, it's a play on from their record label Menace Muzik. This is one of the go-to rappers in Toronto and one of his songs is popular throughout Canada, so he definitely isn't just local anymore. He's known for drinking lean and for being the younger sibling of Casper TNG another rapper. Recently, K Money has been arrested under some felony charges. He basically shot at someone with a group of people and evaded the police which didn't go too well. Some of his known songs are Come Outside, Was It Worth It, Bang Bang, and Ride.

Casper TNG
- As stated above, Casper TNG is the older brother of K Money, he too has a great local rap career in the heart of Toronto. He's also known for drinking lean and smoking weed, but I guess everyone is Toronto. He's got a few songs that hit such as Harmonics Made a Hit, Queen Street West, Know Me, Oops, and Brown Hunneds. With all that said, Casper is another one of those Toronto hip-hop artists that have changed the game over time. He is also in MG, but too little information is known about it so I didn't add it to the list of groups/gangs.

Drake
- Yep, you all knew it was coming. Drake is obviously not a local rapper, but he is from Toronto. Back in the day, you could see him straying from the Toronto culture but nowadays he is trying to boost awareness in the city as well as sign other local artists in an attempt to revive the Toronto scene. There isn't much to say about him due to the fact that he is generally an all-around superstar and most people have a basic idea who he is. You guys already know what tracks of his slap so I won't go ahead and throw them in here.

Robin Banks
If you hadn't already realized, Robin Banks has been already named in this post above in the gang's section. Yeah, he's been confirmed a gang leader of SOS or Wass Gang. Robin banks aren't necessarily known for any of his songs except Wass Gang the song itself. Although some of his other tracks slap as well. This guy is mostly known for getting shot six or seven times and surviving. It was all over the news and he's making a comeback into the music industry. Personally, I'm not too with his new music but to each is their own. This guy should be on your list of priorities due to the fact he has changed the game and expressed the culture in so many ways. He's Jamaican by the way.

Pressa
Yeah, you should know Pressa regardless if you're from the 6ix or not. Pressa is an influence to everyone due to his hardships he has had to battle throughout his entire life. I recommend that you go ahead and watch the 6ixUprising documentary and you'll get a lot of background information on some of the culture and a lot on Pressa. Pressa is also with Wass Gang or SOS, but he isn't as prestigious as Robin Banks nor FB. Pressa is mostly known for his high-pitched voice and his love of designer clothing. I don't think I've ever seen this guy rock anything Roots or something along those lines. This guy should also be at the top of your list.

Again, we can go through all the rappers locally in Toronto, but that isn't going to make you any better at roleplaying. If you search these guys up and go through a few of their tracks you'll discover more and more Toronto artists, but these are the main ones that you'll see from time to time if any. I might add a few more dependent on how many of you guys are interested or dependent on what happens in the future. I excluded people such as The Weeknd or Justin Bieber for the simple fact that they aren't going to teach you anything about a Toronto man, nor have they done anything openly for Toronto as a whole.

Additional Information
I can't really tell you how to act as I'm not from Toronto nor do I know exactly how everyone acts. Regardless of who you are you're going to be acting a little bit different anyway. As I said look at the slang portion and try to get that down as soon as possible. Also if you're not understanding much of the slang and how to use it go ahead and look at that youtube channel stated above. As well as if you have any questions, don't hesitate to message me via forum PM's. I hope you guys the best and I'm hoping to see an influx of Toronto Mans in Los Santos within the next few months. So I guess that's the end. Dunnoe fam.

Edited by Playboii
Updates: i) Added more information about Rexdale, Fixed up some information about local gangs. Added Vaughan and Hamilton under 'Go-to' places. Added some additional information about poverty.
  • Upvote 1

"Rexdale in the York Region. It's not home to any public type gangs, but there are little groups here and there. A lot of students that attend college/university in Toronto usually stay around here. I wouldn't say this is necessarily the "hood", but as I stated above there are multiple groups in this location that might escalate things. If you're trying to roleplay like you're from this particular area I'd throw something about my character having a rough path on the streets but a decent home-life."

Rexdale is literally regulated by one of the largest Crip gangs in the city. They regulate not only Rexdale, as a whole, but regions surrounding Rexdale such as Willowridge, Westway, Martingrove, Black Friar etc... They're predominantly known as "DOOMZTOWN [Crip].

Jane and Finch is no longer the most "hardest" or "roughest" regions of Toronto, any more, as the increase in Law enforcement and social assistance programs have decreased crime within the region. In reality, Rexdale region and Dixon possesses a higher crime rate within The Greater Toronto Area, within the past decade. In this case, Dixon, which only consists of six buildings, possesses the highest crime-rate within the entire GTA, with millions of dollars worth of narcotics and firearms being ceased during the Robert Ford-escalated raids in the region. 

Source: Raised with people from Rexdale for over a decade (Specifically with the person in the second video). However, I tend to refrain from utilizing Toronto slang, haha

Dixon:

Edited by DLimit
  • Thanks 1

I was pretty surprised to see this because I've almost never seen anyone try to RP as from Toronto, they just say Canada and move on. 

From my personal experience living here for my entire life, most of what's said in this guide is true. There's a couple nitpicks however.

Firstly, Canada doesn't have a federal global minimum wage, that's all decided by the provincial government because one living experience in a province can be extremely different from another. Ontario currently has a minimum wage of 14 CAD/Hour.

Secondly, I wouldn't say we're just known for the Raptors and Drake, but mainly because we're the biggest city in all of Canada in terms of population, the capital of Ontario and is way too commonly thought as the capital of Canada (Ottawa is the capital), also with our old mayor being a crack head. Toronto is big city with not only god knows how many condos and residential areas, but also almost every major Canadian business has their HQ set up in Toronto. Previously they were mainly in Montreal, however with the severe increase in Quebec separatism from Canada in the early 80s with two referendums, almost all major businesses moved to Toronto, almost identical to how it happened with Brexit and businesses moving to popular EU countries (Since EU majority playerbase).

Thirdly, there's some slang that I've never heard of, and some that's wrong but it doesn't matter much.

Fourth, while it is a post about Toronto, I think you should include some things with Canada as well

Finally, one thing that I really think you need to include, because this I'm pretty sure this is a gang oriented post, is poverty. Poverty might not be entirely present from outside of Canada, but holy fucking shit, is there a lot of it. This is mainly due to the housing crisis that's strongly affected most of Canada, however in majority the province of British-Columbia and Ontario. Toronto has become extremely expensive to live in for many reasons, however I'm pretty sure the main is due to foreign investment in properties. Houses are commonly 800,000 Cad to the millions, apartments aren't any better. For a single ran down apartment in Toronto, it's average is 1 400 CAD a month in bills and living expenses excluding basis needs like food. When you're in minimum wage, which nets you 2 240$ a month (this is a total based number, I didn't include any kind of taxes on it.), which leaves 840 CAD a month. With the younger generation of people, I struggle to see how you can afford a house without paying off a mortgage while also living comfortably and making payments to other required things (Student debt, other debts, etc.) Poverty in Toronto isn't homelessness, which there's still lots of if you go to certain areas, it's mainly just being able to barely or not even being able to afford your expenses.

There's probably more stuff I missed that I'll make another post about later (Like a bunch of areas you've missed.) I'm not that well versed in the gang and criminal side of Toronto almost at all, much more of the standard living, blue and white collar side of things.

also you might need to remove Mississauga from Peel Region soon.

This is hilarious lmao, I live right next to Toronto and anybody from or near Toronto knows the kids who talk like that are little rats that'll flip teams over a dime bag of green. Their shit slang is fuckin annoying and their wannabe's. Any toronto slang IG is a no hands policy!!

Edited by Sinatra
  • Applaud 2
41 minutes ago, Sinatra said:

This is hilarious lmao, I live right next to Toronto and anybody from or near Toronto knows the kids who talk like that are little rats that'll flip teams over a dime bag of green. Their shit slang is fuckin annoying and their wannabe's. Any toronto slang IG is a no hands policy!!

I'm pretty sure there's no rap slang that's so commonly used in Toronto or originated from Toronto that it can be classified as Toronto slang. If you want slang that's commonly heard, just use the modern rap/gang slang and that's good enough. The only slang I've actually heard used, is Battri which is just a girl used in an orgy and Sweeterman which is also commonly used everywhere.

It's pretty simple to RP someone from Toronto, it's just:

-Hate TTC

-Hate Go Transit

-Gatekeep how people pronounce Toronto

-Complain about the 401, 407, QEW and other major highways

4 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

I'm pretty sure there's no rap slang that's so commonly used in Toronto or originated from Toronto that it can be classified as Toronto slang. If you want slang that's commonly heard, just use the modern rap/gang slang and that's good enough. The only slang I've actually heard used, is Battri which is just a girl used in an orgy and Sweeterman which is also commonly used everywhere.

It's pretty simple to RP someone from Toronto, it's just:

-Hate TTC

-Hate Go Transit

-Gatekeep how people pronounce Toronto

-Complain about the 401, 407, QEW and other major highways

Toronno 

14 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Finally, one thing that I really think you need to include, because this I'm pretty sure this is a gang oriented post, is poverty. Poverty might not be entirely present from outside of Canada, but holy fucking shit, is there a lot of it. This is mainly due to the housing crisis that's strongly affected most of Canada, however in majority the province of British-Columbia and Ontario. Toronto has become extremely expensive to live in for many reasons, however I'm pretty sure the main is due to foreign investment in properties. Houses are commonly 800,000 Cad to the millions, apartments aren't any better. For a single ran down apartment in Toronto, it's average is 1 400 CAD a month in bills and living expenses excluding basis needs like food. When you're in minimum wage, which nets you 2 240$ a month (this is a total based number, I didn't include any kind of taxes on it.), which leaves 840 CAD a month. With the younger generation of people, I struggle to see how you can afford a house without paying off a mortgage while also living comfortably and making payments to other required things (Student debt, other debts, etc.) Poverty in Toronto isn't homelessness, which there's still lots of if you go to certain areas, it's mainly just being able to barely or not even being able to afford your expenses.

Word the economy in Toronto is seriously an issue. Houses within city-limits are unaffordable in most cases, they're highly inflated.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

LOL amazing. You forgot a few old school slang. Bare, arms, bogie for smokes. Been rping a few of my characters from Toronto. It's actually fun. Adding a yeah eh here and there to spice things up. 

Edit: Also a lot of mob activity and triad as well.  

Edited by Yazum