/ad queue

ThatDutchPerson

Short description: Adding a queue for /ad, it takes away the need to spam an /ad in *hopes* it gets published.

Detailed description: Basicly right now, you gotta get lucky with spamming /ad when there are a lot of people online. My suggestion is to add an /ad queue, where every ad is placed in the queue, and will wait their turn before being published.

Commands to add: None.

Items to add: None.

How would your suggestion improve the server? Prevent a lot of irritation and spamming.

Additional information:

22 minutes ago, Naru said:

There will be a moment you'll be the 600th in queue, I'm afraid it's not that a good idea

There can be a max 10-20 ads in a queue kind of limit to it.

6 minutes ago, Tr1bal said:

There can be a max 10-20 ads in a queue kind of limit to it.

Sure, but everyone will spam the queue then, it's just moving the situation. The easiest solution is that you can put yourself up in the single line queue after an ad popped up. Also, when I'm last in queue, it's possible that I'm not online anymore and running ads for American players.

49 minutes ago, Naru said:

Sure, but everyone will spam the queue then, it's just moving the situation. The easiest solution is that you can put yourself up in the single line queue after an ad popped up. Also, when I'm last in queue, it's possible that I'm not online anymore and running ads for American players.

There is an actual exemple of this system in practise on a roleplay server over on San Andreas Multiplayer. It has a similar playerbase to GTA:World and the ad queue there never has more than 7 ads on it, while in fact, it has an unlimited queue.

8 minutes ago, DetectivePikachu said:

I love this idea. And to work around having a full queue, is simple. If you have posted an ad within the last 5 minutes OR have an ad already in queue, you can't post a new one. Ads are automatically removed from the queue if the player disconnects or changes character.

Sounds good aswell! Even better to be honoust, lol.