[Saints News] Gravedwellers & Stereotypes

HaveADream

YhJydCu.png

gta-world-camera-2019-8-24-22-48-40.png

Gravedwellers Get To Work On Fence Construction in Sandy Shores

Motorcycle Clubs And Stereotypes

All TV, Or Half-Truths?

Kalyani Jamil

Motorcycle clubs - as seen on TV as ruthless, cold proto-gangs that will stop at nothing to get what they want in the name of their brotherhood - a distressing image for many, but is the reality any different to what we see on TV?

We decided to approach a locally-based motorcycle club to determine whether there is more than meets the stereotype, after some searching and connections, we met a man who goes by Vinnie Meadows of the Vespucci-based Gravedwellers Motorcycle Club. Enshrined in mystery, our meeting with him was one of immense politeness and courtesy, perhaps defeating our reporters' own stereotypes. At the famous Legion Square, we approached him and exchanged the usual pleasantries, and the image we expected drifted away in the smoke from his cigarette.

So, you're probably aware of the stereotype surrounding motorcycle clubs, that they're criminals or brutes or whatever you want to call it - what would you say to people who do hold that stereotype?

Yeah, it's a common stereotype and it's far from the truth. Y'know, bikers snortin' in that meth, beating your daughter down in the backyard, it's all TV, I'll put it this way. We're merely motorcycle enthusiasts who share a common goal; prosperity, we're hard-working men, we've got jobs and chase it day-by-day. We've got men who work in Sociology, we've had a nurse! The one per cent patch we claim doesn't refer to a "criminal lifestyle". Makes us outlaws, but that doesn't mean we violate the state laws. Outlaws as in we don't abide by the A.M.A. laws. The American Motorcyclist Association.

The A.M.A. sets out a book of laws in which we don't agree with. We set our own laws 'n values, and uphold our own culture. That's what makes us one per cent. I mean for God's sake, We've held charity runs for veterans, a charity for cancer, we've reached out to the community on several occasions. Just last week I've gathered the boys to help build an old lady's fence. Came across broken down vehicles on the road, and gathered up to help 'em out. We like to bike, earn a buck and party. That's who we are; the rest of my brothers have families, raised kids and look after their wives. I'd say we're far from criminals.

A lot of MC's in peoples' minds have a perception of a 'brotherhood' in a motorcycle club, do or die attitude to one another, is this a philosophy you and the Gravedwellers abide by, and if so, how is it implemented?

Our club's built upon brotherhood, we look after one another, if a brother's in need of help, then we reach out; financial issues, family issues, mental...

You get the deal. It's a close unit. You have kids who love to bike. They see the parties, the women... then they tag along, have a beer 'n the relationship develops there. They prove their worth. Disciplined. And eventually, they end up with the patch, makes 'em one of us. They go through the prospective phase, it's a proving ground. When we decide they're wise and ready, then they get the patch. 

unknown.png

'A Charity Ride' Through The City of Los Santos

The patch? Could you expand a little more on the importance of that patch, what it means to have one, could it be revoked?

I can't expand much on the patch. though the patch makes you a brother to us. Look after one another and ride through the lifestyle. Means you've put in your work, and proved your worth to be a 'dweller.

You mentioned a little earlier about your work in charity, and the old lady's fence, what motivates you to do that as a club?

It's who we are, we reach out to the community. We're philanthropists. 

Last but not least - what would you say to the people that hold that perception of you as a 'criminal' as we discussed earlier? 

Don't believe it unless you see it. Come by for a drink 'n maybe we could change your mind.  Respect goes both ways.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

The Gravedwellers were last in the news following the burning of their clubhouse in Vespucci, assumed to have been the cause of aggression from a local gang in the area. 

Los Santos - over to you, what do you think? Do MC's get a rough time for something they probably don't deserve? Let us know in the comments below. 

Saints News

#ForSaintsBySaints

saints-acc.png

Edited by HaveADream
  • Upvote 3
19 hours ago, mother_superior said:

User: big_bad_westside_gang

Comment: heard u inbred fucks had some electrical issues at ur place in dogtown ?

Username: Bigdick321

comment: yeh yeah that’s cool but what are your rates hor-hay? My lawn needs cutting. 

• Applaud 2
  • mj2002 locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic