[Idea] Winter Roleplay

Dom.

z2DXbFR.png

So first off, I know it's not very realistic for us to roleplay snow and winter in west-coast Los Santos, but hey. The fact that it rains every five minutes and that a Miata costs over a hundred grand isn't realistic either. Bite me. 

I'm also not sure if it's possible to enable snow in Rage. I guess if it's not, this entire suggestion is moot. Welp.

I come from a SA-MP community where the entire month of December was dedicated to roleplaying snowfall in winter. There were rules to abide by to keep the idea reasonable, but with it, quite a few new roleplay opportunities came. In my opinion, it was a very enjoyable experience due to my personal bias in favor of passive roleplay. For instance, you can go outside and have a snowball fight with your friends, go sledding, build a snowman. All sorts of fun stuff. But in addition to fun stuff, interesting every-day roleplay scenarios can be included, such as plowing and salting roads, freezing engines, ice patches causing car accidents, and shoveling sidewalks. Even larger roleplay events set up by the administration team, like power outages. 

I just think winter roleplay would add a new way to roleplay around Christmas time instead of just sitting in your house e-rping, street racing, or robbing people.

Thoughts?

• Upvote 2

I'm not entirely sure if this is currently possible with RageMP & I'm sure the majority of the playerbase wouldn't want this to last more than a few days. In my opinion, the climate of Los Santos is aimed more toward a tropical island, and even throwing out realism, I personally wouldn't enjoy the snow climate for more than a few days.

I'm not entirely sure but it has snowed before on GTA:W during IRL winter season but staff kept changing it back to normal weather. Once of course they let the snow last.

It's also possible i'm mixing things up and hasn't happened on GTA:W as it has been awhile already

1 hour ago, Dom. said:

So first off, I know it's not very realistic for us to roleplay snow and winter in west-coast Los Santos, but hey. The fact that it rains every five minutes and that a Miata costs over a hundred grand isn't realistic either. Bite me. 

We also make 800 dollars an hour to do nothing and work on an engine that's a dumpster fire on a good day.

So don't be so dismissive of realism. No. No snow. It's been discussed no less than a dozen times. We're emulating a city that hasn't seen snow in nearly 60 years.

It's still officially summer, kinda early for this suggestion but I don't doubt we'll see another 20 in the coming months. It's been discussed countless times before and there was an official ruling on it last year, so this suggestion is not necessary. The official ruling on the matter was: 

On 12/19/2018 at 4:39 PM, Ethanol said:

We came up with a very simple solution. The server will follow LA's weather due to its location. If it snows in LA around Christmas, January, June or any other random time of the year, we will make it snow. If it doesn't, we won't. 

Edited by Dashing

no, snow isn't realistic, call me a "christmas hater" or a "loser who only cares about realism and doesn't enjoy fun" all you want but it NEVER snows in LA. it hasn't snowed in LA to the point where it sticks for over half a century. the snow that LA got recently last year didn't even last long or stick.