Tongva-Gabrielino Indigenous People

DLimit

Greetings, I had recently formed an indigenous-American character that resides along the Grand Senora Desert, as a remnant of the "Tongva-Gabrielino" tribe that were displaced from the Tongva Hills by the Marlowe Vineyard and small Redwoods Tobacco company. I am not seeking to produce a faction. However, I was wondering if any one desired to produce a Tongva-Gabrielino Native-American, as-well, as it would be interesting to have a partner or very small clique of indigenous individuals to diversify the races within the server.

Modern-day Tongva-Gabrielino individuals either undergo the following routes: 1) Integrate into Los Angeles/Los Santos, 2) Integrate into Western-Countryside culture, or 3) Heavily preserve their indigenous roots. However, the majority of these Tongva-Gabrielino individuals tend to be very "Westernized", as they were "Christianized" by the late eighteen-hundred and early nineteen-hundreds, causing them to become Anglicized and Hispanicized/Castillized (Heavily integrated into Spanish and English-American culture). Hence, you'd have very English-American first-names with Spanish last names, such as "Jerry Morales", "Bill Sallas", or "James Garcia". Culturally, you'd more than likely possess that "trailer-countryside" mentality blended with a hint of Spanish vocabulary, with only a few attempting to re-connect /heavily/ with their indigenous culture. Nontheless, you'd desire to restore indigenous values, while also being Christian.

As one of my friends had stated, informally, they'd be "White Trash with a hint of Spanish and indigenous cultural values".

I could go in-depth with this. However, if any one is interested to function as partners with a new character, please contact me. I'm not seeking to produce a faction, but just a partner or a small clique to increase the R.P. presence in the Grand Senora Desert.

Edited by DLimit
  • Applaud 1

I know this guy @Jam had something similar going on in Paleto Bay.

Also gonna leave this here in case you get this stuff going :

Spoiler

Your people should raise a question on why is this statue burned down and not a single flower moved on restoring it or why there was no investigation on its obvious origins of arson few months back. It was put out like a wildfire.

1qJkCek.jpg

2 hours ago, Tr1bal said:

I know this guy @Jam had something similar going on in Paleto Bay.

Also gonna leave this here in case you get this stuff going :

Hide contents

Your people should raise a question on why is this statue burned down and not a single flower moved on restoring it or why there was no investigation on its obvious origins of arson few months back. It was put out like a wildfire.

1qJkCek.jpg

You've already produced a good reason for my character to be more angrier than "Chaotic Neutral" on situations. Thank you very much for the image. My character has already confronted the "Water Activity Center" for sort of exploiting the "Tongva Territories", as he calls it, for profit.

My character shall remain out in the Senora Desert, as it's closer to the Tongva Hills than Paletto Bay. However, he visits that regions, frequently, for higher quality cigarettes. 

Edited by DLimit
14 hours ago, Bospy said:

A lot of people avoid doing anything related to natives due to the simple fact they know very little about it. But if you can execute the atmosphere of a tribal zone well, you're going to have a great roleplay environment.

It isn't any more challenging to master than functioning as a mobster or gang member, as one is expected to learn sets just as one is expected to learn a tribe. The only issue would involve applying that tribe to the context of San Andreas, which in this case, involves understanding that the Tongva people have been displaced from the Tongva Hills and Valleys by the Marlowe Wine Company.

Either way, I'm always one that seeks diversity.

Edited by DLimit

I like it! And like @Tr1bal said I did have a tribe going but had it archived due to me being inactive due to my work schedule

but I plan on bringing out my RP for my native character again now that I'm not so busy. Hopefully we run into each other! 

We need more native RP!

Edited by Jam
2 hours ago, Jam said:

I like it! And like @Tr1bal said I did have a tribe going but had it archived due to me being inactive due to my work schedule

but I plan on bringing out my RP for my native character again now that I'm not so busy. Hopefully we run into each other! 

We need more native RP!

Interesting, the Paleto tribe, I could even imagine tribal alliances or wars based on our historical and present situation, if we were to ever rise again.