What's your most memorable moment in GTAW?

Nervous

The adventure of GTAW started two years ago for me and few others here, we've shared a lot of moments and I would love to read a bit more about what was your most memorable moment you've witnessed and participated in on the server.

While I have hundreds of memorable moments with many of you through various interactions or with funny moments in the administration team during these two years, what I'll always remember is the day we launched GTAW on RageMP.

I never did hide that the fights with external attackers that led to the purchase of GTMP to prevent us from hosting the server and to kill the emulator almost put me on a full depression IRL. Taking the decision to seat on my chair for three weeks with the help of @-Andreas and fully focus on adapting the gamemode to a completely different emulator (RageMP) while everything was off in the meanwhile was a decision I almost didn't take nor make, I wasn't far from just closing everything.

But the entire community motivated me and pooled together to support the development team while the server was off. I spent almost 12 hours a day for three weeks to get the server back up as soon as possible and in a stable state. Once I was finished, I never thought that everyone would come back after a 3 weeks downtime, but that we would actually double our population. While we were 70-80 online on GTMP, we ended up more than 200 on the first day of RageMP.

Most of you didn't know and never knew how much this meant to me, it was a great achievement to bring the server back so quick but it was mostly heartening to see everyone come back stronger than ever and that they brought all their friends with them. So this was my most memorable moment on GTAW history, the day I saw my community rise up again from the ashes stronger than ever whereas I thought I had failed you.

So, what's your story?

Edited by Atiku
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 3

I have some absolutely wonderful memories both IC and OOC of this community. The first 'article' I ever wrote was such a nerve-wracking experience, intended as a one-time thing because I was mad at how frustrating the nightclubs were becoming, and it quickly spiralled completely out of control into a faction with its own thread, which is something I would've never expected but I really fell in love with it.

Outside of that, I've had so many brilliant memories here, the ridiculousness and the theatrics of the #OccupyWeazel movement, meeting amazing roleplayers like @Sammy, @borhoi, @Ribsey and @Keane (The first time Kalani met Cynthia (Keane) she aimed a gun at Kalani...) who have all motivated me to continue doing what I do and I hope I have the same effect on them, there was meeting the Chief of Police, The Mayor, The Nazi Scandals (How ridiculous does that sound?) and even from my humble beginnings when I worked part-time at a gym, when I joined, I was honestly shocked at the standards, the realism, the quality - and even the jobs people did, they were extraordinary and honestly leagues apart from anywhere else I've ever been.

Most importantly, I feel the best moments are the moments where the community has banded together many many times, as much as we may shit on each other at times and meme around, and let's be honest, nobody is here perfect and nothing here is perfect (yet), you can tell that this is home for a lot of people, and it's really nice to see that this is more than just a server.

Edited by HaveADream

One of mine is about a year back, around September/October, where me and a few other members caught by surprise a dude who was out to get us. Since we noticed him before he did us, and we wasted him, he stalled roleplay on purpose, causing us to post a report (eyebrows replied and tp'd to us) turning it into an admin situation his hit-squad he hired shows up(a faction at the time) drives up and literary sprays everyone including eyebrows down while mid-admin situation. That was funny as hell to see everyone die and be resurrected by eyebrows. Eventually that faction got slapped with a warning and that situation forced to continue.