Update us on the prison situation.

Please and I mean it - PLEASE. Update us on the prison situation. I've been told for the past one to three months the following - "Soon". I want to actually know if there's going to be a prison, or if the modding and developing team has started to work on the prison system. There has been rumors of a County Jail being created - however I think that the staff team should stick to Bolingbroke, the server has been open for a year now (RageMP client), and there's still NO prison, personally I don't think that most of the updates like "you get a new haircut mod!" are so relevant when you've a huge gap when it comes to illegal roleplay. This also gives people the wrong mentality, the majority of the illegal roleplayers commit crimes without actually roleplaying fear as they're going to be sent to PD's sex dungeon where they'll have to spend 12 hours OOC, in a cell, which means that they'll go to bed, they'll wake up, drink some coffee, smoke a cigarette and then log IG, already walking free after you've killed thirty four innocent people. Now don't get me wrong, I've nothing againts legal roleplayers - I actually enjoy the fact that there's more legal roleplay then illegal, as it's realistic. However I think that it's time for the staff team to actually give us the date, or atleast inform us if it's really going to be 'soon'. 

Me personally, as a faction leader - I've fourty faction members that are ready to engage in prison roleplay. I've shared many prison books with them, they're actually in the "#private-guides" section in my discord channel, where they can download books such as - "Christ Blatchford: The Black Hand" or another book that is from a white man's prespective - "Glenn Langohr: The art of war."

And I don't want FM or any of the staff team to pull out the excuse "there's no point in releasing prison, as barely anybody can roleplay it properly" because I'm more then sure that the majority of my faction members are enlighted on how prison actually works, how there's race segregation and how it involves a lot of politcs, and plotting againts your enemies, but your own people at the same time.

I'm not aiming to make a post where I'm bragging or anything, I just want to get updated on when prison is getting released as we've a lot of people that are highkey impatient, as we're all hyped up to get down with the action. I'm not the best writer so I'm going to end the post here and now. 

Also for the comment section - please keep it civil, I'm more then sure that we're all human so no point in bashing FM or the staff team. I don't want this thread to get closed down in a few hours ?

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Alfonso_Chavarria said:

Me personally, as a faction leader - I've fourty faction members that are ready to engage in prison roleplay.

Whatever the current status of prison roleplay is in its planning, it needs to be balanced carefully. In no way should it be monopolised by any one faction, no matter which real life group they are claiming to portray.

And I don't want FM or any of the staff team to pull out the excuse "there's no point in releasing prison, as barely anybody can roleplay it properly"

I don't think that came from any FM or staff member, ever. If it did then that makes absolutely no sense. 

You're mixing up a bunch of unrelated stuff and that's an issue. I do realize we haven't exactly discussed what we're doing or when it's happening but it's important to separate unrelated factors when talking about this huge project we're trying to finish: 

There's development, there's mapping and then there's setting up everything related to the correctional facility's staff. Most updates are released by Nervous and do not require any mapping or a group of people who need to decide how every procedure within the facility will work. 

It's easy for an illegal RPer to state he's ready to go inside and create great RP. It's not as simple for mappers to create all of the interiors and the correctional facility's staff to actually make all the manuals, protocols, etc... What Nervous releases on his end and what FM has to coordinate between developers, mappers, correctional staff and all other parties are two vastly different things. 

It will happen within the next few months. However, rushing it and releasing a half assed correctional facility both in terms of its staff and how it looks is not an option as far as I'm concerned, which is why it's taking awhile.

In my opinion about 70 percent of the mapping is done. We have 6 mappers assigned to the facility which is a huge number. 

We're also working extremely hard on creating everything necessary for the facility's staff to run things properly. There's a specific member who basically pumps out topics day and night to assure everything will work out perfectly. 

To summarize:

Mapping should be finished in about a month, maybe a month and a half. 

The setup in terms of protocols, staff and procedures should be done in about two months, a bit less if we really step on it.

Development should be done about two weeks after mapping's done.

Add a month or two of recruitment, fine tuning and fixing minor issues to the mix and you have a rough estimate. 

1 minute ago, Ethanol said:

I don't think that came from any FM or staff member, ever. If it did then that makes absolutely no sense. 

You're mixing up a bunch of unrelated stuff. 

There's development, there's mapping and then there's setting up everything related to the correctional facility's staff. Most updates are released by Nervous and do not require any mapping or a group of people who need to decide how every procedure within the facility will work. 

It's easy for an illegal RPer to state he's ready to go inside and create great RP. It's not as simple for mappers to create all of the interiors and the correctional facility's staff to actually make all the manuals, protocols, etc... What Nervous releases on his end and what FM has to coordinate between developers, mappers, correctional staff and all other parties are two vastly different things. 

It will happen within the next few months. However, rushing it and releasing a half assed correctional facility both in terms of its staff and how it looks is not an option as far as I'm concerned, which is why it's taking awhile.

In my opinion about 70 percent of the mapping is done. We have 6 mappers assigned to the facility which is a huge number. 

We're also working extremely hard on creating everything necessary for the facility's staff to run things properly. There's a specific member who basically pumps out topics day and night to assure everything will work out perfectly. 

To summarize:

Mapping should be finished in about a month, maybe a month and a half. 

The setup in terms of protocols, staff and procedures should be done in about two months, a bit less if we really step on it.

Development should be done about two weeks after mapping's done.

Add a month or two of recruitment, fine tuning and fixing minor issues to the mix and you have a rough estimate. 

You made my day. Thanks.

• Upvote 1