Current Faction Requirements for Gang RP

Cadillac

37 minutes ago, Captain said:

I try to stay out of FM's way entirely but I've heard a lot of people who I know do a lot of great things get shut down by FM when those people are doing nothing but trying to create something that's going to add to the immersion of the server. You're hurting the server by telling good rpers they can't rp something they're passionate about. The whole faction admission process needs to be worked on in my opinion, it really feels like the people who are in charge of illegal roleplay can't be bothered to help or even answer questions most of the time.

Honestly couldn't have said it any better. 

I'll be real here and people can choose to believe me or not, makes no difference to me.

Faction Management at the moment has a very haphazard system when it comes to indication of what constitutes proper 'continuity and what does not, as it stands currently there is no guidance for members entering or aiding FM and I find it currently unlikely there ever will be. This means that there is an unfortunate reality that exists of a small sub-set of administrators dictating what suits the server 'lore' and what does not, many times these considerations go far beyond mere portrayal and in-fact take into account OOC perceptions - hence why many people in the past have been requested to provide membership rosters as part of their process whilst others have been accepted with no such request. Don't get it twisted however, this doesn't mean theres some sort of malicious intent behind these actions; it's merely a failure of adequate organization therefore this thread is extremely constructive when it comes to establishing the very system we need to improve the current state of affairs.

I'm looking forward to an official response from the FM leadership in regards to this topic, I have some insight into the matter so I think there's some changes coming that we should all be patient for.

But hey, I could also be completely mistaken. We'll see.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Benny Black said:

Yeah, gang rp has sort of been crushed by certain people. The gang factions that they do approve tend to not know what they're doing and be inaccurate depictions of that group. It's honestly ridiculous, but this thread is just gonna get trashed by staff anyway. So none of this matters.

If this isn't the first time this has came up and it's just now coming up again then that says something. 

Nice to see discord friends sucking each others dick here. Two of which were told no and instead of arguing their point to Ethanol whilst I was on absence, they replied “okay, that’s fine.”

We don’t deny people because “there’s too many Hispanic factions”. So that’s just ridiculous, we simply tell people to join what’s already out there dependent on members and reasoning - we had a multitude of complaints about people in and related to a bunch of Hispanic orientated factions using alt characters to join their friends hispanic orientated factions and pass on information so to reduce risk they were asked why they didn’t join one of those preexisting to which they replied and stated they wanted to create another reach for LaWeWontName which isn’t acceptable given the amount of sporadic gangs who needed numbers/support who are already in association with said organisation. So in essence it was to help those already established and stop overpopulation of carbon copies for something they are already a part of.

We look at a multitude of things such as who the faction is made up of and the wider implications. Now, for example, one of you here wanted to create a set that had a wider implication on PRISON RP (you’re basically bottle necking a certain organisation from being created without your permission and you knew exactly what you were doing) and we want strong prison roleplayers not to be grabbed by the balls OOC by your little Vespucci gang. Additionally, we see the same people who have been accepted before hop from thing to thing to thing as well as members who have PLM reports on them. The rollin 100 thing is something I’d happily look at but again, did they come to me? No they didn’t, allow me to polish my crystal ball to see they’re unhappy.

We aren’t confrontational and I’ve said a million times (yet I will say it again) I am happy for people to have a conversation with me about these things, yet everyone prefers to talk shit on Discord and bring it to a thread and in all honestly it makes me not care too much anymore. I see the same names pop up who complain about “how is X on the server!!” then get upset when we tighten standards up because it doesn’t suit them or their friend, then I see people complain it’s too difficult and so we ease up a little and let people through only to loop round and I hear “how did fm allow this faction??”. We can’t win, and it isn’t a winning or losing game ultimately. 

Next time, come and speak to me about your denial. It will go one of three ways. 1) I will take it on chin and admit the decision made was wrong and I can overturn the decision. 2) You’ll still remain denied. 3) We can work through it together, and who knows it might actually help us show management the continuity is needed.

Just speak to me before you go shooting yourself in the only foot you have left.

Edited by eyebrows
  • Upvote 8
  • Applaud 6