"Maxed" Vehicles

xanx

Just wanted to start a thread on a small topic, see what others think about it.

The topic is on "maxed" vehicles. I constantly see these sorts of advertisements and can't help but turn on the inside when I see one of these.

gMpjLkx.png

Just to explain what I mean, a vehicle of course cannot be maxed as there is always something you could improve, change, modify, tune, et cetera. No car or any vehicle for that matter can ever be "maxed".

I'd much rather prefer to see advertisements which use different phrases to describe the state of the vehicle.

Here is just a couple alternatives off the top of my head:

• Performance enhanced
  • Visually modified
  • Tuned
  • Stock
  • Customised
  • Aftermarket
  • Restored
  • Rebuilt
  • Performance Build
  • Sports Build
  • Street Build
  • Clean Build
  • Pimped Build

I understand that using "maxed" is just a shortcut to convey information about the upgrades on the vehicle to speed up the process and save some time having to answer certain questions, but it something that is never used in real life and just does not seem right. Let me know what you think below! ?

Edited by XanX
Added other common phrases.
  • Upvote 5
  • Applaud 1

Couldn't agree more. Personally when I'm giving someone the specs of my vehicle, I tend to talk about forged internals, larger injectors, cold air intake, catback exhaust and so on; whatever I've RPed to be installed on my vehicle. And then in OOC I list the specs as per the /vstats.

7 hours ago, Scorgasmic said:

Couldn't agree more. Personally when I'm giving someone the specs of my vehicle, I tend to talk about forged internals, larger injectors, cold air intake, catback exhaust and so on; whatever I've RPed to be installed on my vehicle. And then in OOC I list the specs as per the /vstats.

Pretty much that.

In in-game ads, I stick to the examples OP posted, or something along those lines. The whole “maxed” thing just feels wrong.

"maxed" shouldn't mean anything on a high standards server and should not be used as a term.

Assuming you want to buy a heavily modified car in real life, do you ever see the people selling those cars use terms like "maxed" or "fully modified"? Of-course not. 

"maxed" is a purely OOC term, there is nothing IC about it as far as I'm concerned and it simply shouldn't be used, even if you did pimp out your car with literally every possible upgrade. 

• Applaud 1

Exactly what Ethanol said. I cringe when people say the term that the vehicle is "maxed". It's basically an OOC term people use when they put 4/4 into engine, brakes, transmission and whatever else and it ruins the immersion when someone sells their vehicle claiming it's "maxed."

People modifying cars and selling them should at least do some research so they can give at least a little bit of info so it doesn't sound stupid listing off what's been done to it.

On 8/31/2019 at 6:30 PM, Ethanol said:

"maxed" shouldn't mean anything on a high standards server and should not be used as a term.

Assuming you want to buy a heavily modified car in real life, do you ever see the people selling those cars use terms like "maxed" or "fully modified"? Of-course not. 

"maxed" is a purely OOC term, there is nothing IC about it as far as I'm concerned and it simply shouldn't be used, even if you did pimp out your car with literally every possible upgrade. 

In fact you could hear it from mouth of people who have no idea about cars, but still want to talk about it, aka ricers.