Installing custom content for Singleplayer/Menyoo

Hi! I noticed there wasn't a guide up for installing custom hairs/clothes for Menyoo usage. I've seen a lot of people around the community asking for help installing them, so I figured it'd be helpful to throw up a guide.

Disclaimer: Adding custom hair/clothes will override pre-existing clothes and hairstyles. I haven't had an issue with it overriding the only basegame hairstyle I use yet, but YMMV and all. I'm fairly certain you can rename modded files to have them override different hairs/clothing, but that isn't a theory I've tested.

So if you've already got Menyoo installed, then you'll already have OpenIV, which we'll need for adding CC. If you don't have Menyoo installed yet, check out this guide!

For the sake of this tutorial, because it's a mod I haven't gotten around to installing yet, I'm going to be using the Hime Haircut. You can find other hairstyles (both male and female) in the general hair tag on GTA5 Mods, you'll just have to do some digging!

0daa14e07f79af9939b5f4206f9cbf30.png

Once you download, you'll get a .zip containing some .ydd/.ytd files and, hopefully, a readme. The readme will tell you EXACTLY where to place the files using OpenIV. For the sake of future convenience, I recommend copying the contents of the .zip onto your Desktop or any other folder/category you've got pinned in Windows Explorer.

16328e96e221bc8af7743f346d093b21.png

8b9771fe15cb095740d8708d837fdcda.png

Now we start up OpenIV the same way we do when we're adding ENBs - Select Windows under GTAV.

For the sake of not overriding the actual game content, we're going to need to create a mods folder. You may already have one, if OpenIV prompted you to make one at some point in the past - if not, just create a new folder in your main GTAV directory, named "mods".

Next, you'll need to make sure to hit "Edit Mode" at the top right hand side.

1ad1b35f49bf67876e9529191d49287c.png

Now that we have our mods folder, we'll need to find the .rpf on the left hand side that correlates with the one in our mod's readme. Ours is under update > x64 > dlcpacks > mpgunrunning. 

d01f3891a69fefed26b2568451bd7a47.png

Once you find it, you can right click and you'll need to select "Copy to "mods" folder". (I just right-clicked on mpexecutive's .rpf because I already have mpgunrunning copied over, so I didn't have the option.)

d8573d0779f21871cfcc9e5bb7f572a4.png

Once you do that, it should automatically take you to the copy of the .rpf in the mods folder. Double click to open, and continue to navigate along the path that the readme gave you. Eventually you'll end up in a folder inside an .rpf where all the .ydd/.ytd files are stored.

94ee91b72f2e920b43a82d265696ad13.png

Now, hit the green plus icon above all the files. This is to override the base file with our modded ones from the download.

Select your files from whatever folder you copied them over to, and hit Open! (You can Ctrl+Click to select multiple files at once.)

3e17afb1ee4739fa3d39261643535879.png

Once you hit Open, the files should be overwritten! You can close OpenIV (it saves automatically) and boot up Singleplayer to make sure it worked.

d676449f9b345f3d4de8cc28d591e2b4.png

Akari doesn't look great with bangs. But I digress!

If your custom content is showing up in the Wardrobe option on Menyoo, then you're all set! If you have questions, feel free to pop them below and I can try my best to help out. ?

• Upvote 2

Really neat tutorial, Akari. 

Though couldn't you have just use the hair pack from GTA World, then from there add the pack into the "mods" folder so it doesn't technically replace any singleplayer content? The pack should allow you to drop those two .ydd and .ytd files where you wouldn't need to make too much adjustments to. 

The hair pack from GTA World should easily work with singleplayer as the pack first started off being made there before being archived.

2 hours ago, Soupiest said:

Really neat tutorial, Akari. 

Though couldn't you have just use the hair pack from GTA World, then from there add the pack into the "mods" folder so it doesn't technically replace any singleplayer content? The pack should allow you to drop those two .ydd and .ytd files where you wouldn't need to make too much adjustments to. 

The hair pack from GTA World should easily work with singleplayer as the pack first started off being made there before being archived.

no, since the .ydd and .ytd files are packed inside of the .rpf files, which you need OpenIV to access.

If you mean taking the dlc.rpf from your ragemp hair pack and putting the .ydd/.ytd files into the .rpf files in the mods folder of the main directory, then yeah probably. i havent thought to try it

Edited by akari
1 hour ago, akari said:

no, since the .ydd and .ytd files are packed inside of the .rpf files, which you need OpenIV to access.

If you mean taking the dlc.rpf from your ragemp hair pack and putting the .ydd/.ytd files into the .rpf files in the mods folder of the main directory, then yeah probably. i havent thought to try it

When I previously upgraded the pack, I intentionally made it to where both the .ydd and the .yd files were a simple drag and drop process when it came to adding new hairstyles since I adjusted what was in the clothing data files. It was convenient for me to say the least.  Never knew or I forgot they were probably packed in a .rpf archive but some people on the GTA5-Mods site usually release them without having them inside or an archive made for them.

Not sure why they would be made if the idea was to replace the vanilla hairstyles in the first place. Forgive me as I really haven't touched Menyoo or done any modding for RageMP in months.

1 hour ago, Morning said:

There isn't much of a reason to, all the hairs from the gtaw mod folder are all on GTA 5 mods website by their rightful creator. Regardless great job with the thread.

Right, except the pack was specifically made to make the hairs as "addon" content than to just replace some of the original hair content from the vanilla game. The pack was made so more hairstyles could conveniently be added. Heck you can remove all the .ydd and .ytd files and start from scratch then proceed to just drop files in there and it'll work just as fine which helped me much when it came to testing these hair models. (Some of them actually came off singleplayer hair models which I had to re-config bone structures in 3ds Max for...)