GTA 6 only for PS5 ?

andrewbgta

Why would they alienate a huge market. It's a huge franchise, that's just a very dumb business decision and most likely false. Same was said for RDR 1 I remember back in like 2010 or something when it first came out.

I wouldn't worry about this, it might be that PS5 users get exclusive like content? Or get content EARLIER? But it'll never be that the game itself is exclusive on PS5.

With the release of GTA5 in 2013 Rockstar made the smartest sale move by releasing the game two months prior to the release of the new generation consoles PS4 and Xbox One, so players had to eventually buy the game again, doubling the sales.

I think it all depends on the backward compatibility option of the coming consoles. If you're able to play PS4 games on the new PS5 console, they wouldn't be able to pull of the same trick. Obviously Rockstar will release the game for PS4 and Xbox One aswell.

• 1 month later...

On 8/25/2019 at 9:38 AM, Vulcar said:

Why would they alienate a huge market. It's a huge franchise, that's just a very dumb business decision and most likely false. Same was said for RDR 1 I remember back in like 2010 or something when it first came out.

I wouldn't worry about this, it might be that PS5 users get exclusive like content? Or get content EARLIER? But it'll never be that the game itself is exclusive on PS5.

Because that's what fucking Rockstar does. They're the kings of double dipping. Sure it won't be purely PS5 exclusive but they'll release it only on PS5, then 6 months later release it only PS4/Xbox One, then a year after the original release it will come out on PC, and plenty of retards will buy it twice, if not 3 times to reinforce their behaviour. Just like they did with GTA 5 and just like they did with RDR2.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Bash locked this topic