Show your own character name above his/her head.

vray

Short description: N/A

Detailed description: I would like a command to show your own character name above their head when playing. I think it can help immersion being constantly reminded that you are just controlling a character. Therefor all his actions are seperate from what you are doing. Seeing that you are controlling your character through

mouse and keyboard,

I think you have to be pretty schitzophrenic to have two completely seperate personalities. Being able to perfectly roleplay a character while also being yourself.
People bleed through their characters, thats a fact.

This suggestion is meant to stop that.

Commands to add: /nametag

Items to add:

How would your suggestion improve the server?

I think it will improve roleplay significantly. Its easy to lose track of your own character with all the thoughts running through your own mind.

Additional information:

Edited by vray
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, PandaGaming said:

No thanks, will lose the immersion in my opinion.

Well its just a command, I am not saying it should be server -wide.

Also it will help promote GTAW like on youtube, Having your own character name instantly shows exactly what the entire GTAW server is about. Playing a character

Edited by vray

In my own opinion you should be very well able to remember that you are playing a character without such an aid, seeing you are literally sitting behind a computer screen playing a video game. That being said I am not inheretdly against this suggestion, but do not see the point of it at all either, seeing people that can not remember they are playing a character should probably not be roleplaying in the first place.

2 minutes ago, lambchops said:

In my own opinion you should be very well able to remember that you are playing a character without such an aid, seeing you are literally sitting behind a computer screen playing a video game. That being said I am not inheretdly against this suggestion, but do not see the point of it at all either, seeing people that can not remember they are playing a character should probably not be roleplaying in the first place.

32 minutes ago, lambchops said:

Yet people get jailed everyday left and right for unrealistic portrayal because Its impossible to stay in character 24/7 mentally. Its easy to play GTA 5 on autopilot, the game is very intuitive. Making you forget you are playing a character. Therefor its important to have a visual cue that brings people back into their character. Their name to remind them.

seeing you are literally sitting behind a computer screen playing a video game

So you are saying you are in character behind your computer?

6 minutes ago, vray said:

Also are you saying you spend 100% of your brainpower to your Character? Full concentration?

Of course you don't. But how is seeing your character name, on top of your head going to make you more concentrated.

If people come here to roleplay, they should fingers crossed know they need to roleplay a character. Of course you're going to think like your character, thats the point.

I dont see a point of this being added honestly, it could also get in the way.

4 minutes ago, Connor said:

Of course you don't. But how is seeing your character name, on top of your head going to make you more concentrated. 

Same reason you dont play the game in F7 and try to recognize each character around you by there clothes. It takes effort, You shouldnt have to exert yourself to get into your character. A nametag condenses information and identifies you. Right now your character is just a skin with a bunch of clothes on him, We might aswell play the game in F7 without chat.

Also why is your character considered special over all the other characters who have a name above their head.

Keep throwing your ego at me though, we might reach a couple pages before you get it.