Show your own character name above his/her head.

vray

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, VisioningHail said:

The intentions behind this suggestion are good, but as pretty much everybody has said, I think this is really futile, if you can't separate yourself from your character, I don't think a name-tag above their head is going to help.

the cognitive dissonance is unreal, You are suppose to seperate yourself from your characters thats what the suggestion/nametag is for.

11 minutes ago, vray said:

the cognitive dissonance is unreal, You are suppose to seperate yourself from your characters thats what the suggestion/nametag is for.

Dude, take a step back from this lmao, for one I don't think you completely got what I wrote and second of all you are getting super heated over this

People repeat the same shit previous people said, its tiring to deal with low quality replies.

Its immersion breaking...

but at the same time..

if you can't separate yourself from your character, I don't think a name-tag above their head is going to help. 

Pick one

There are really two ways to look at roleplay. First person and Third person..

First person: The character is the center of his own universe. You basically "immerse" yourself into your character, thinking the same ways he is thinking. but what actually happens is that you project your own needs and wants onto this entity.

Third person: Your character is just a entity in a much larger world. You have your own needs and wants, and you try to project these needs and wants into actions the character can do. You are not really controlling the character, more as you are instructing it. You are the director of his story.

Third person has clear boundaries,

First person is basically one giant meta-game. Where people will try to fight you for smallest slight, because they feel personally attacked because they are "immersed".

This suggestion is supposed to help third person roleplay by being reminded that your character is really no different then any other character having a name above his head. You are just a small person in a larger world.

real shit

Edited by vray