Show your own character name above his/her head.

vray

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly if you cannot keep IC and OOC straight you are either incompetent or lazy. People can take breaks...this is a question of skill or competence not one of UI. I'm not certain why you'd think it to be anything else but responsibility. It doesn't make any difference that people get jailed daily for bad portrayals. I will say though that sometimes administrator actions are arbitrary. I can put in 100 hours of perfectly mundane or perhaps 'immersive' roleplay, living the life of a character...and then get kicked at random for an AD that an admin decides isn't up to their personal quality assurance standards. I wouldn't mistake administrative actions on people as being the sole arbiter of quality by a long shot.

useless, nobody will use or benefit from this outside of liking the aesthetic over not having their name. what you're suggesting it will stop is just bad roleplay, which it won't do anything to help. seeing your name isn't going to magically create better roleplay nor would the people in question even type this command thinking "hey, my roleplay's kinda subpar right now, maybe I should use this command so I can remind myself!" because the people in question think that's how to roleplay correctly 90% of the time. the rest correct themselves over time when they learn, so something like this really isn't needed.

Edited by Smonk
5 hours ago, vray said:

I think you have to be pretty schitzophrenic to have two completely seperate personalities. Being able to perfectly roleplay a character while also being yourself.

Now imagine if we flipped this to what's below and the shitstorm you'd cause.

5 hours ago, vray said:

I think you have to be pretty retarded to have two completely seperate personalities. Not being able to perfectly roleplay a character while also being yourself.

Yikes. That's a no from me. I guess I'll just be Schitz. 

Edited by Edelweiss206