Auction vehicles

Orcaninja

To act as a money sink and have a few unique vehicles I think it would be good if there were auction vehicles that are occasionally done. The base price(MSRP not what you paid) should count against assets and not what was paid for the vehicle. Vehicles that would be fit for an auction are basically rare vehicles and highly customized ones. It's not meant for normal cars. 

There could be additional auctions for specially customized cars like the ones done at the Benny's Autos on GTAO if that's possible to script. 

How common these auctions are would be dependent on administrators so it would be hard for it to get out of control.

People are free to recommend what vehicles they'd like to see in an auction below:

Bikes

• LCC Sanctus
  • Nagasaki Shotaro
  • Hakuchou Drag

Cars

• Duke O' Death
  • Pisswaser Dominator
  • Redwood Gauntlet
  • Burger Shot Stallion
  • Sprunk Buffalo S 
  • Dewbauchee Massacro Race Car
  • Dinka Jester Race Car
  • Invetero Coquette Black Fin
  • Pegassi Osiris
  • Grotti Turismo R
  • Pegassi Zentorno 
  • Pegassi Vacca
  • Pegassi Infernus
  • Overflod Entity XF
  • Grotti Cheetah
  • Coil Voltic
  • Bullet
  • Progen T20
  • Pegassi Reaper
  • Pfister 811
  • Vapid FMJ
  • Emperor ETR1
  • Progen Tyrus
  • Lampadati Tropos Rallye
  • Obey Omnis 
  • Declasse Drift Tampa 
  • Grotti Stinger GT
  • Pegassi Monroe
  • Truffade Z-Type
  • Invetero Coquette Classic 
  • Lampadati Casco
  • Albany Roosevelt 
  • Benefactor Stirling GT
  • Declasse Mamba 
  • Albany Franken Stange
  • Albany Roosevelt Valor 

Trucks

• Coil Brawler
  • Vapid Trophy Truck
  • Vapid Desert Raid 

Aircraft

• Atomic Blimp
  • Buckingham Luxor 
    Buckingham Shamal 
  • Western Mallard
  • Buckingham Vestra 
  • Buckingham Luxor Deluxe 
  • Buckingham Nimbus

Other

• Nagasaki Hot Rod Blazer 

^ This one would be extremely cheap at base value. It could also just be included as a regular vehicle. 

Well, the three motorcycles are highly customized.  The Sanctus is basically a skeleton. The drag maybe doesn't belong on here but it's definitely not common. I do think I have seen a bike that was sort of built the same way like that IRL and I live around a small city. The Shotaro is based on a prototype it wouldn't be anywhere but in an auction. 

If ya'll said specific vehicles that shouldn't be on there I'd remove them from the list with good reasoning. The vehicles listed for cars are mainly supercars or high-end sports cars. There are also vehicles that are high customized and there wouldn't be a lot of them produced.  There's eight that fit that description.  Some of the sports cars could surely be taken off, I mainly put them here also because they weren't scripted yet. None of these vehicles exist on the server right now.

There are about seven classic cars but some of these could be removed as an auction I guess in exchange for a high price because they're fully restored.

For the trucks, these are rally vehicles. They're built for races in deserts and rock climbing.

The aircrafts wouldn't necessarily need to be auction vehicles. I only picked ones that I think weren't on the server already. 

The hot rod doesn't need to absolutely be an auction vehicle but if it were it'd be an extremely low end one or just scripted into the dealership.

I wanna clarify too that this isn't an LSRP concept it's something that's been on most GTA roleplay servers I have seen. 

The truth is I doubt most of these vehicles would be scripted into the server unless there was an auction because of their rarity. 

Edit: I recommend this site for looking at cars easily. Be careful of pop-ups:

https://www.gtaall.com/gta-5/vehicles/

Edited by Orcaninja
Added a link+fixed typos.

No vehicle should be restricted in a sense, mind you it's a cool feature because I own a Turismo on LSRP, it's nice having a /rare/ vehicle as there's only 4 are on that server. But if it's a "money sink" just make them be crazy expensive in the dealership, people spend the money either-way. Also, this server is /NO-WHERE/ near this point, and it doesn't even need to be discussed, give it another year if you want to do auctions, when there's like 500-1000 players playing daily and when the server is ready for such exclusive releases for the rich. 

Edited by Natasha Valentine

There doesn't need to be more than one of the heavily customized vehicles such as the Sanctus as an example. A much better example is the concept Shotaro. If people want to buy these vehicles they should need to compete with everyone else that wants it. An auction price with a base price is almost always going to follow the rate of inflation. A set dealership price isn't guaranteed to and it makes the # of people buying them unregulated. A suggestion being forwarded doesn't mean it will be implemented soon. So yes there is a reason to discuss it. Certain vehicles do need to be restricted because they break immersion when there are too many of certain ones. A crazy price tag doesn't guarantee that rarity. A regulated # going onto the server does. Again, without auctions, the likely thing to happen is that the majority of these vehicles won't get onto the server. At the very least all of this brings up whether some of these vehicles should be scripted into the server or not whether that's through an auction or dealership.

Edited by Orcaninja

We already planned to do auctions for supersports, it was initially in the gold donator package but we removed it to allow everyone to access it.  It's indeed a great money sink, and we plan to push 5-6 auctions per year to make cars remain unique and very rare.

On 31/10/2017 at 9:13 AM, Nervous said:

We already planned to do auctions for supersports, it was initially in the gold donator package but we removed it to allow everyone to access it.  It's indeed a great money sink, and we plan to push 5-6 auctions per year to make cars remain unique and very rare.

As Nervous has said, there is already a plan in place for certain vehicles however having so many auctioned off wouldn't be favourable as others have said. 

Archived.

• Rukka locked this topic