Mechanical VS Membrane keyboards.

ShangTakashi

On 9/10/2019 at 3:03 PM, Shang_Takashi said:

Considering the given options, thank you everybody for your suggestions.

When I bought mine I made the giant mistake of getting one with blue switches. I liked it in the beginning but now it's annoying as fuck. In my opinion brown are the best ones, they require the same pressure as reds but they are tactile and not clicky.

I'd say mechanical. Why you might ask, it's simply more comfortable to typ on, and comfort it's the way to go imo.

Aside my experience with membrane has yet to be positive, unfortunately the keyboards I had before with membrane I managed to break with simply typing and reaching it's limit, if you typ a lot as a example for work, you might really want to opt for that mechanical keyboard (even when you play games requiring you to typ loads..) Are they loud? Yes, but they often age better than your average cheap membrane keyboard. I've had my razer for 3 years now and it's still going solid, and I've typed a lot.

Membrane is just a meh from me.

Mechanical ones are great for gaming, but the difference it makes doesn't necessarily need to buy a 100$ keyboard. I bought one with like 30$ from AULA. Has RGB and Black switches, couldn't ask for more to be honest. However, if you plan to write or work using it; it's simply not the best experience due to the tight space between the buttons.

On 8/14/2019 at 8:47 PM, Shang_Takashi said:

Hello there fellow experienced gamers, I'd like to discuss this topic today to do a fair comparison between the two types of keyboards vastly available worldwide. I'd like to hear your points about the advantages and dis-advantages of using these two types, and I'm sure comparing them would be a good idea. I myself have been stuck with membrane keyboards for over 8 years now and I finally think it's the best if I upgrade to a mechanical. I'd really love some advise on this, such as what's the best starter mechanical keyboard and such! Any help is appreciated, a comparison would be the best. Thanks!

I have the Razer Ornata Chroma, which is a mechanical membrane hybrid (they call it mecha-membrane). Easily my favorite keyboard and I've had mechanical keyboards ranging from Razer to Logitech to Corsair, to you name it. The feel of it is amazing in my opinion, which is of course subjective. Just figured I'd put my two cents in there.

https://www.razer.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-ornata-chroma

"ALL-NEW RAZER™ MECHA-MEMBRANE

Designed from the ground up, the all-new Razer Mecha-Membrane combines the soft cushioned touch of a membrane rubber dome with the crisp tactile click of a mechanical switch to enable swift actuation for each key stroke."

Edited by Kestalas
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a Razer Huntsman, the Mercury White addition. I honestly wouldn't look back, I find that the mechanical mechanism is just way more comfortable and easier to type with. The sound can be annoying at night when everything is so quiet but other than that, it eventually blends in with the background. The more noticeable problem you can have with the sound is if you're on discord or talking to someone, your Mic will often pick it up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...