[Saint News] Presents The Electric Coil Raiden.

Mahiko

YhJydCu.png

K1q5kFY.png

The Coil Raiden
Did someone say electric?

By Natalie Rosemoore

Japan has brought us a lot of scary things; Godzilla, Kaiju and the Raiden.

The masters of excellence and refined power over at Coil have outdone themselves creating a monster, a monster being a worthy opponent of the Kaiju and Godzilla.

Raiden translates to Japanese God of thunder - and, just like Thor himself, calling it a godly creation is no joke.

The Raiden features an all-wheel-drive system, with two 250kW electrical motors, powering a set of wheels forward each. Translating that to something we Americans can understand; You get 670 wheel horsepower shared between all four wheels of the Raiden, on top of that there’s no delay in torque, meaning that as soon as you press the pedal you have a locomotive pushing you forwards at full force.

soH6tKH.gif

Taking a step away from the technical specifications and a step towards the beauty that the vehicle itself is; sleek lines, a small trunk and more windows than you could ever imagine. The car almost brings you closer to nature, sunlight is always passing through the four windows than run from the front of the car to the trunk.

vnFfetg.png

The interior feels high-tech, it features all the newest gadgets from the American-based 'Coil'; from a huge touch screen to a fancy cruise control feature. The seats appear to be simple at first glance, but the soft yet grippy Alcantara cover is hiding a luxurious seat underneath it. Ventilated seats with plenty of heat or cooling options, over fifty different ways to customize the posture. Luxury has never felt so simple, yet so comfortable.

TvudP9S.png

The Coil Raiden almost perfectly catches the essence of modern luxury, giving a comfortable driving experience. Yet you always feel like you’re lacking something. The roar of a V12 or V8 underneath the hood the vehicle as you press the power pedal down towards the carpeting.

And yet - somehow you accept it. You accept that you're a part of the new-age, the climate frontiers trying to save the planet by using electric-powered vehicles and to do so, you brought out the wolf in sheep's clothing.

The Raiden appears to be a luxury barge at first glance, yet place it next to almost any car and It’ll outrun them at the red light. It doesn’t look fun, it doesn’t sound fun… But when you launch the car, you feel that your eyes are pressed towards the back of your skull. You’re enjoying it, and you should be. Cause you’re doing it in an environmentally friendly way. When you tell someone you drive an electric, they instantly think of a Dilliante. But really, you got yourself Enus level of luxury but with a battery instead of a gas tank.

Being a true motorhead myself, I almost feel like I’ve sinned... Yet I work for the Saints, don’t I?

The 0-60 is fast, just around two seconds and if you compare it to a similarly priced car such as Grotti Bestia BTS, you almost feel like you’re slow. The launch of an electric vehicle is like a drug, and I’m addicted. The speed of electric vehicles is limited, and the Raiden tops out at around 120mph which is truly respectable considering how fast it sprints there.

Overall my days of using the Raiden to fly about in has been joyful and fun, and I've almost convinced myself that hybrids or electrics are here for a reason and the reason is to give us motorheads more excitement and bigger adrenaline kicks.

I’ll finish this article off with a simple message.

Going green isn’t bad, and just imagine the launch on a tuned Raiden. The Electric era has begun, and it’s here to stay.

Would you like your awesome vehicle to be featured in one of our articles? Post a comment below and we’ll contact you!

Saints News

Motorhead Magazine

This article contains sponsored multimedia advertisements. This has not affected the content of this article.

saints-acc.png

heGiXHN.png

ZtuoQ4p.png

Edited by Mahiko
  • Upvote 2
  • mj2002 locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic