[Saints News] Hales Tales - Mirror Park Tavern Review

borhoi

YhJydCu.png

hqDL4Ai.png

ZtuoQ4p.png

Hales Tales: Mirror Park Tavern Review

By Haley Niamh Connor

After my last Hales Tales being about a twenty-four year old video game I'm sure many of my readers thought I'd gone mad. Jokes on you lot, I've been mad for ages. Anyway, we're headed back to the Hales Tales roots tonight with an Honest Review of the new-look Mirror Park Tavern! Let's get to it, shall we?

When I walked in the vibe pulled me in two different directions. The atmosphere inside the bar is definitely low-key, chill, sort of divey. The place is dimly lit, relaxing even. Simple. Nothing over the top. I enjoyed that a lot, but the music differed from the atmosphere it was playing in - noticeably. The music itself sounded like it was out of a high-end clothing store, or a dance club intermission. It was very 'unce unce unce'. Threw me for a bit of a loop, but didn't ruin the experience.

The spot features a stage, and it looks pretty cool. A spotlight is directed at the microphone. Owner Lloyd Richardson said when asked if there were big plans for the venue and the stage, "It took a long time for the interior architecture to come together. We got big plans to organize events like karaoke nights and so on." We'll see if the Tavern truly differentiates itself from the sea of competition.

lFqRKu1.png

There's a lounge area with couches to the left of the bar. It's a wee bit more spacious than your normal seating options in a tavern, but due to all the other tables and chairs in the place facing the stage, along with the bar itself being a wee bit small, space feels a bit cramped.

9QgR1Pd.png

Richardson specifically asked me to include something about the "Cockhead" cocktail. "It's only available at Mirror Park Tavern. It's a drink that contains the finest vodka with some rum and tequila, topped off with coke. Also, we got a secret ingredient in it but that's classified." So, if you're looking for something to "...turn your head into a cock after sipping it to the last drop", Mirror Park Tavern might be the spot for you.

RgtBKHq.png

Overall there's nothing wrong with the Tavern. Considering how early it is into its lifecycle, I do plan to give the spot another look soon. As of now, I can recommend the bar as a place to grab a drink and relax, if you don't mind the tunes clashing a bit with the ambiance.

As always, this review was not bought and paid for. Hales Tales and Saints News at large refuse any offers of payment via money, goods, or services in return for coverage. The thoughts and opinions expressed in this piece are genuine, and Hales Tales will continue to review with a commitment to objectivity and honesty.

Saints News

This article contains sponsored multimedia advertisements. This has not affected the content of this article.

heGiXHN.png

saints-acc.png

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic