Rules not being clear enough and admin's different views/opinions

aldo

There's a big problem regarding rules right now and it leaves a lot of people confused on what is frowned upon and what is not.

There are admins that have different views on different rules/things for example one admin can be strictly against X but another admin is fine with X, so let's say that player a does X and admin A responds to the report or whatever and gives player a a punishment because admin A is against it. However player A got told by another admin that X is not against the rules and is fine.

Why is there a lack of communication between admins?

How is it fair to get punished by one admin for one thing yet let off by other admins who deem whatever you did as fine and acceptable?

An example of this could be when you are wounded in a fistfight...

most admins would /revive you because it's not realistic to die in a simple scrap, right?

However some admins basically tell you to suck it up and either /acceptdeath or wait for FD to somehow magically arrive.

Another example is body looting...

lots of admins are fully against this and will punish players for doing it yet SOME admins are fine with it and no one is punished?

Why are these rules not CLEARLY STATED or even if rules are added we should be alerted.

Edited by aldo
  • Applaud 1

Things aren't always black and white, admins need to make a fair judgement based on what happened during the scene, need just a flat rule.

To cover your examples: 

1. You can die in a fistfight from four punches which would warrant a revive. Then again you can die from a bunch of people kicking you down in a circle in which case you shouldn't be revived. 

2. If you gun down someone in the middle of the street during daylight and then randomly dash towards him instantly typing in /b something along the lines of "GIVE ME YOUR GUN DON'T STALL" then I think the intention of him grabbing the person's gun due to OOC reasons is pretty clear. Then again, if you kill someone in a secluded place and you find a weapon while searching the person before getting rid of the body? That's perfectly fine.

You're confusing rules with general admin situations. We cannot make a rule for every single encounter. Admins need to make a fair judgement based on what happened AND what led to that situation. 

1 minute ago, Ethanol said:

Things aren't always black and white, admins need to make a fair judgement based on what happened during the scene, need just a flat rule.

To cover your examples: 

1. You can die in a fistfight from four punches which would warrant a revive. Then again you can die from a bunch of people kicking you down in a circle in which case you shouldn't be revived. 

2. If you gun down someone in the middle of the street during daylight and then random dash towards him instantly typing in /b something along the lines of "GIVE ME YOUR GUN DON'T STALL" then I think the intention of him grabbing the person's gun due to OOC reasons is pretty clear. Then again, if you kill someone in a secluded place and you find a weapon while searching the person before getting rid of the body? That's perfectly fine.

You're confusing rules with general admin situations. We cannot make a rule for every single encounter. Admins need to make a fair judgement based on what happened AND what led to that situation. 

And there's many admins that cannot make a fair judgement and it makes me wonder how they became an admin in the first place.

Just now, aldo said:

And there's many admins that cannot make a fair judgement and it makes me wonder how they became an admin in the first place.

Certainly not by throwing empty accusations around instead of making a proper report. If you have then simply wait for a verdict, if not that's purely on you. 

4 minutes ago, Ethanol said:

Certainly not by throwing empty accusations around instead of making a proper report. If you have then simply wait for a verdict, if not that's purely on you. 

I have and it takes months for a simple scenario/decision, and it's happening with other players too so i'm not directly involved and cannot really report for someone else.

Edited by aldo
3 minutes ago, aldo said:

There should a be a strict base/guideline for the admins to follow for different scenarios though, not sure why that isn't a thing... I know not all scenarios are the same but come on.

I don't think you understand what you're asking for. 

1. There are basic guidelines 

2. There's potentially an infinite amount of scenarios. 

3. Each situation is different. I'm not telling an admin he should always revive someone who died in a fistfight when in certain situations people are hit over 40 times by a group of people as I mentioned above. 

Each situation is unique, some of them require an admin to go beyond the obvious course of action, put together all of the pieces which led to the outcome of the scene and then change their verdict. You'll simply have to accept that. 

P.S: As mentioned before, admins aren't always right so simply talk to them directly or report them if that doesn't work out. 

5 minutes ago, Ethanol said:

I don't think you understand what you're asking for. 

1. There are basic guidelines 

2. There's potentially an infinite amount of scenarios. 

3. Each situation is different. I'm not telling an admin he should always revive someone who died in a fistfight when in certain situations people are hit over 40 times by a group of people as I mentioned above. 

Each situation is unique, some of them require an admin to go beyond the obvious course of action, put together all of the pieces which led to the outcome of the scene and then change their verdict. You'll simply have to accept that. 

P.S: As mentioned before, admins aren't always right so simply talk to them directly or report them if that doesn't work out. 

Okay I see I see, my bad...

but what about the looting? 

Why isn't there an announcement or rule regarding that?

Edited by aldo

Well, it's no surprise you made this entire thread over the looting thing which you went out of your way to complain about earlier in PMs. 

1. It technically falls under PLM rules: 

2. An announcement can easily be ignored or simply forgotten. If it keeps escalating, we'll deal with it. At the moment, it's a problem but it doesn't warrant constant announcements. 

This thread has clearly been made specifically in order to complain about weapon looting and not about admins not seeing eye to eye so I'll be locking the thread. I'd appreciate it if you stopped confusing people by making mistitled threads about issues which you don't care about just so you can rant about looting.