The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

5 hours ago, HerpToTheDerp said:

You can't even roleplay a Civilian character because you just get robbed, and then the police don't even come to comfort or help your character. From what I can tell the server's just turned into a Cops Vs. Robber's server with the occasional civilian roleplay sprinkled in. 

On top of this when I drive around the server I almost run into a car parked in the middle of the street only to come back 2 hours later and it's still there. There has to be tons of players in PD at this point and a few of them can easily just tow vehicles for a couple hours. That or there needs to be another faction handling the towing for impounds because nothing appears to happen at all. 

You shouldbe /reporting to have it removed as the player has crashed. PD do not do the work of admins, they are only an IC police force. Cars that have been abandoned due to a player crashing are not an issue for PD or SD to deal with.

Edited by Syrike
4 hours ago, KarMagick said:

Would be great to see a response to literally anything else than shootings. Literally, every time I gotta call the cops, I wait 30-60 minutes, nobody shows up. I usually resort to calling in a fake shootout and immediately have the whole department show up. It really looks like as if the majority of the faction is only interested in the shootouts nowadays, it's sad. PD used to be good quality.

I wouldn't necessarily say it's the cops not wanting to respond to other jobs - the supervisors will make sure of that. It's usually that there aren't units to respond to the non-shooting jobs because of how many shootings there are. Stuff needs to be prioritised. 

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but I would like to see more corrupt/dirty cops, of course nothing too crazy. Like, being allowed to be brutal, demanding (or accepting) a bribe, releasing MDC info, etc. Of course, this should (if not already) be regulated as I don't want every Tom, Dick and Harry officer to be corrupt.

But being able to see more corrupt cops (even if not much) would be quite nice.

• Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, Seanny said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but I would like to see more corrupt/dirty cops, of course nothing too crazy. Like, being allowed to be brutal, demanding (or accepting) a bribe, releasing MDC info, etc. Of course, this should (if not already) be regulated as I don't want every Tom, Dick and Harry officer to be corrupt.

this is something rare in every roleplay server i've ever been up to, mostly because of rule restrictions and moaning from players that can't really take a loss.

im all up to seeing some of that in here, for some reason people that join PD try to be some fucking superheros or some shit

1 hour ago, Seanny said:

Hello @Seanny, to briefly elaborate on your reply:

We have a policy allowing corruption with boundaries. Those who want to cross the boundaries, are allowed to file a request with the faction leadership, explicitly mentioning why their character would do that (events that led to it, character background,...). There was an ongoing discussion where it was explained in depth (by Tranxify if I am not mistaken), it's somewhere in this thread. Hopefully this gave you a clearer image about the corruption roleplay within our faction.

7 hours ago, KarMagick said:

Sorry for the third comment in a row but, from my experience in the PD, there's literally zero paperwork to fill when getting involved in shootouts if the suspect dies, while an arrest report takes up to 45 minutes to fill up. There needs to be incentives to de-escalate situations to avoid the daily shootouts the PD seems to be interested in exclusively, reports filled by every officer who discharges even a single bullet, give IA a reason to investigate all these shootings, comparing the multiple officers' reports.

Edit, cause I didn't wanna comment a fourth time:
This obviously doesn't apply to every single member of the PD, but a vast majority.

To combat this issue we have created the Force Investigation Section. A system is currently being trialed that does exactly this.

And KarMagick? I don't remember you doing a lot of towing back when you were still in PD neither. Our guys do their best but nobody wants to do mindnumbingly tedious and boring tasks all day, especially when most times it's an administrator's job. (Read Syrike's comment)

Nice to see you're still around, though. Remember to keep your shirt on pal.

• Applaud 1
2 hours ago, Syrike said:

You shouldbe /reporting to have it removed as the player has crashed. PD do not do the work of admins, they are only an IC police force. Cars that have been abandoned due to a player crashing are not an issue for PD or SD to deal with.

In my opinion this shouldn't be an admin issue and admins already have tons of reports to deal with. Getting a response on peak hours can be slow at times and understandably so.

If someone crashes and just decided to not log back in the rest of the day and left their car in the road then I feel like there should be punishment honestly. Maybe there should be a way to check an OOC timer if someone disconnected in a vehicle just to make sure the player didn't crash recently.

Of course that doesn't solve the issue if PD does not tow vehicles in the first place and with PD's current response to calls I can't imagine a lot of them actually wanting to tow vehicles. There's not really an incentive to do much else in PD I suppose. 

1 hour ago, HerpToTheDerp said:

In my opinion this shouldn't be an admin issue and admins already have tons of reports to deal with. Getting a response on peak hours can be slow at times and understandably so.

If someone crashes and just decided to not log back in the rest of the day and left their car in the road then I feel like there should be punishment honestly. Maybe there should be a way to check an OOC timer if someone disconnected in a vehicle just to make sure the player didn't crash recently.

Of course that doesn't solve the issue if PD does not tow vehicles in the first place and with PD's current response to calls I can't imagine a lot of them actually wanting to tow vehicles. There's not really an incentive to do much else in PD I suppose. 

There is a tell about cars who's owner has crashed. The engine is on and we can lock/unlock it via script and move it to side of the road. This is all considered OOC and we're not meant to do it, but we still do it. OOC duties belong to admin team, not PD. If there's a car that's crashed up ic and is violating any law by being in its place, you can always call the hotline and someone will get to it. Ofcourse we won't leave a shootout scene to move a car off the road, our manpower restricts that from happening, but we always try.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Big_Smokes said:

To combat this issue we have created the Force Investigation Section. A system is currently being trialed that does exactly this.

And KarMagick? I don't remember you doing a lot of towing back when you were still in PD neither. Our guys do their best but nobody wants to do mindnumbingly tedious and boring tasks all day, especially when most times it's an administrator's job. (Read Syrike's comment)

Nice to see you're still around, though. Remember to keep your shirt on pal.

Every time I wasn't overly busy and saw a car abandoned I'd take the time to tow it, that's something I've done in every server's PD I've been in. 

As for the Force Investigation Section, I'm quite happy to hear about it, it'll be a very welcome change!

4 hours ago, Rohan. said:

There is a tell about cars who's owner has crashed. The engine is on and we can lock/unlock it via script and move it to side of the road. This is all considered OOC and we're not meant to do it, but we still do it. OOC duties belong to admin team, not PD. If there's a car that's crashed up ic and is violating any law by being in its place, you can always call the hotline and someone will get to it. Ofcourse we won't leave a shootout scene to move a car off the road, our manpower restricts that from happening, but we always try.

I still don't see how it's an OOC issue. You can log off wherever you want without despawning your vehicle without any sort of repercussions. I get crashing and coming back in like half an hour or an hour even but if someone crashes or quits and doesn't come back in game that's an IC issue now in my opinion. 

If you play a competitive game and your internet goes out it doesn't stop, it continues. And if it's a ranked game you get punished in some way even if it's not your fault. I feel the same logic should apply here. If I'm in the middle of the road and my ISP cuts out for the rest of the day my car should get impounded, even if it is inconvenient for me. 

That's just my two cents. I don't want to report and wait for half an hour for an admin to respond because it ruins a scene I'm in or any immersion. But so does trying to drive around a car every few blocks. 

I'll just live with it I suppose. 

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic
  • mj2002 unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic