The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

15 minutes ago, shareef2 said:

why pd arrest me for 48 hours just so i cant interact for 2 days ? at least put me in twin towers or something instead i just sit in the cell ignored, feels like they fuck over legal rpers for the fun of it  

48 hour holds are for investigative purposes. It's not in place to ruin your OOC experience. The intent is to hold you in position while and investigation is ongoing. Log into an alternative character, I can promise you that you weren't put in a 48 hour hold for any OOC reason.

• Upvote 1

Would be great to see a response to literally anything else than shootings. Literally, every time I gotta call the cops, I wait 30-60 minutes, nobody shows up. I usually resort to calling in a fake shootout and immediately have the whole department show up. It really looks like as if the majority of the faction is only interested in the shootouts nowadays, it's sad. PD used to be good quality.

Edited by KarMagick
Syntax correction
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, KarMagick said:

Would be great to see a response to literally anything else than shootings. Literally, every time I gotta call the cops, I wait 30-60 minutes, nobody shows up. I usually resort to calling in a fake shootout and immediately have the whole department show up. It really looks like as if the majority of the faction is only interested in the shootouts nowadays, it's sad. PD used to be good quality.

You can't even roleplay a Civilian character because you just get robbed, and then the police don't even come to comfort or help your character. From what I can tell the server's just turned into a Cops Vs. Robber's server with the occasional civilian roleplay sprinkled in. 

6 minutes ago, KarMagick said:

That and you never see PD doing tow duties to clean up the streets overflowing with cars abandoned in the middle of the street, they often remain for the full duration of the server being up, until the point of restart. There's so many people in PD now that you'd think at least a couple of them could handle simple tasks like that.

On top of this when I drive around the server I almost run into a car parked in the middle of the street only to come back 2 hours later and it's still there. There has to be tons of players in PD at this point and a few of them can easily just tow vehicles for a couple hours. That or there needs to be another faction handling the towing for impounds because nothing appears to happen at all. 

• Upvote 2

Sorry for the third comment in a row but, from my experience in the PD, there's literally zero paperwork to fill when getting involved in shootouts if the suspect dies, while an arrest report takes up to 45 minutes to fill up. There needs to be incentives to de-escalate situations to avoid the daily shootouts the PD seems to be interested in exclusively, reports filled by every officer who discharges even a single bullet, give IA a reason to investigate all these shootings, comparing the multiple officers' reports.

Edit, cause I didn't wanna comment a fourth time:
This obviously doesn't apply to every single member of the PD, but a vast majority.

Edited by KarMagick
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, KarMagick said:

That and you never see PD doing tow duties to clean up the streets overflowing with cars abandoned in the middle of the street, they often remain for the full duration of the server being up, until the point of restart. There's so many people in PD now that you'd think at least a couple of them could handle simple tasks like that.

Did your character make a call about this? My character called the landline (991) yesterday about an abandoned car and there was a deputy on site within 3 minutes.

1 hour ago, mj2002 said:

Did your character make a call about this? My character called the landline (991) yesterday about an abandoned car and there was a deputy on site within 3 minutes.

not everybody's gonna do the same unfortunately, cars are just left out on the street like crazy

About the response times, with 500+ players on the server the management of police resources is next level pain in the ass. While there may be 20-25 officers, it just isn't enough a lot of the times. Because if you get three or four calls in a row, with two of them being shots fired and two non-priority, most of the resources will be diverted to the priority calls. You also have to count in the fact that people might be AFK, doing some passive roleplay somewhere, doing divisional duties, traffic stop, etc. Sometimes the response times are crap because there just isn't enough of us to handle all the calls of service.

• Wuhtah locked this topic
  • mj2002 unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic