The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

@Rickaroni I've seen a lot of cops chilling randomly at a gas station to grab coffee together, heading into a shop to get lunch, having lunch together etc.

This is what the public is probably not always seeing. It's only normal to have a 'pack mentality' when you're in an organisation that deals with the kind of shit that the LSPD deals with on the daily. 

Negative interactions are limited to specific situations, in general I've found the PD and SD to be pretty good guys.

17 minutes ago, Paranoid Cobra said:

@Rickaroni I've seen a lot of cops chilling randomly at a gas station to grab coffee together, heading into a shop to get lunch, having lunch together etc.

This is what the public is probably not always seeing. It's only normal to have a 'pack mentality' when you're in an organisation that deals with the kind of shit that the LSPD deals with on the daily. 

Negative interactions are limited to specific situations, in general I've found the PD and SD to be pretty good guys.

I agree 100%. I’ve worked at a cafe and interacted with the local PD coming in for a coffee. It’s always great. All I’m saying that more of that is even better. I also feel as though the rest of the community needs to also treat cops as they’re more than just Cop NPCS. Maybe promote more off duty Rp? I don’t necessarily have a complaint, I just see what I like and want more of it. 

2 hours ago, Rickaroni said:

I agree 100%. I’ve worked at a cafe and interacted with the local PD coming in for a coffee. It’s always great. All I’m saying that more of that is even better. I also feel as though the rest of the community needs to also treat cops as they’re more than just Cop NPCS. Maybe promote more off duty Rp? I don’t necessarily have a complaint, I just see what I like and want more of it. 

Yes, the community itself needs to change attitude towards cops. Whenever I go off duty and I go around people who are not friends and find out I’m a cop, it’s all “fuck you pig” comments and variations. Thus I started doing it less or when my friends are around. 

The community (Not everyone!) constantly scrutinizes us for our RP but never take a look at their own RP which might create a butterfly effect that leads us to behave the way we do sometimes. 

Half the times all I see from those same people (again, not everyone!) is yelling at us and treating our characters like some animals instead of the humans they are. 

even the most Stone cold hardcore killer has some degree of humanity in them when dealing with the cops. 

• Applaud 1
8 hours ago, Glitch said:

even the most Stone cold hardcore killer has some degree of humanity in them when dealing with the cops. 

I hope gang factions press this idea more. Especially anyone trying to roleplay a more experienced gang member or a character who's been to prison. More often than not, those individuals keep their interactions with cops very civil. Why antagonize them if you're trying to be handle business and stay on the streets? Even younger members tend to just keep their head down and avoid saying anything at all, if only because they don't want to give them an excuse for harassment. Of course there's exceptions, the types of things you see on bodycams where a simple stop turns into an incident, but those individuals are almost always under the influence of drugs or have some other reason for acting erratically. If this doesn't apply to your character you don't have much of an excuse for antagonizing officers who aren't doing the same to you.

If both sides of a police interaction treated the other as humans it'd resemble a real interaction much closer.

Even being in PD, I understand what everyone says about cops being just a number, and I agree to a degree. I think its really hard for a lot of people to have a mindset that while I am a cop, I am also a regular person who has regular feelings. You're held to a certain level in the faction, and whether its on purpose or not, promotes this kind of mentality. I look forward to seeing more unique people myself, and we do certainly have some of them. (Rossi, Graver, etc).

One thing I will say about PD, is that when interacting with certain ones off duty their personality comes through, even when they're interacting with someone who's clearly affiliated. It's actually refreshing to see that some actually have that about them, even if on duty they're completely different. 

I’ve been reading the last ten pages of this thread after several reported posts; I would like to remind everyone that this is meant to be a civil general discussion from the faction leader reaching out to make changes to improve player experience.

The faction has it’s flaws just like every other faction, because we are human, and it is a mixture between all of us causing issue.

Please stop bashing LSPD and insulting each other. This isn’t to compare them to SD, debate their vehicles, etc. Those things are in other discussions or have already been discussed.

For what it’s worth I recently tried being a cop to experience the roleplay and I tip my hats to the faction, because it isn’t easy. Their processes are complex and they do more than flipping on their sirens and chasing.

Thank You Everyone

Edited by Bash
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 5

If it's already been brought up I apologize but how do "corruption perms" work and how would an officer go around getting said permission? 

Always liked well RP'd bad cops and wish I saw more of them.

You're welcome to a free drive-by taze of my character if it's been answered in this very thread already. 

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
15 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

If it's already been brought up I apologize but how do "corruption perms" work and how would an officer go around getting said permission? 

Always liked well RP'd bad cops and wish I saw more of them.

You're welcome to a free drive-by taze of my character if it's been answered in this very thread already. 

So there is a limited "no permission needed" tier of corruption anyone can do as long as they properly develop their character and demonstrate good cause/rp around it. Stuff like moderate overuse of force, ignoring minor crimes,  having a drug addiction, CPR violations, etc.

Then there's stuff you need perms for. Like, committing felonies, ignoring felonies, destroying evidence, causing other people to commit felonies intentionally, tortue, all that kinda stuff. You have to explicitly ask for permission for that and demonstrate how your character would get into doing x particular thing, and you generally need a long history of character development to do that (so you aren't getting these extended corruption perms just because you're fresh off FTP and have been a P-two for a month) The Chief of Police approves it, as does Legal FM.

Edited by Sam2
10 minutes ago, Sam2 said:

So there is a limited "no permission needed" tier of corruption anyone can do as long as they properly develop their character and demonstrate good cause/rp around it. Stuff like moderate overuse of force, ignoring minor crimes,  having a drug addiction, CPR violations, etc.

Then there's stuff you need perms for. Like, committing felonies, ignoring felonies, destroying evidence, causing other people to commit felonies intentionally, tortue, all that kinda stuff. You have to explicitly ask for permission for that and demonstrate how your character would get into doing x particular thing, and you generally need a long history of character development to do that (so you aren't getting these extended corruption perms just because you're fresh off FTP and have been a P-two for a month) The Chief of Police approves it, as does Legal FM.

Any broad idea on how many cops are ok'd on the heavy corruption perms? Say I don't know, every month? 

• Wuhtah locked this topic
  • mj2002 unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic