The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

10 hours ago, Babil said:

Got them from having an interceptor catch up to me while i was on a highway in a Pariah, the heli and other cruisers couldn't keep up but the interceptor somehow kept the same speed as me even coming inches close to my car's trunk from time to time, i was left with the question is my car and the heli slow? Or does the interceptor have a rocket engine under its hood? Yeah my bad confused the buffalo with the interceptor.

Like it was mentioned already, the Interceptor tops out at 130mph. No it doesn't have a rocket engine. There are cars that are way faster than what they are supposed to be and they ride like glue on asphalt, some of them have unrealistic handling and speed. This subject has been beaten to death by now.

• Upvote 1

Interceptors are like others mentioned restricted to a rather serious degree. They're not your typical patrol vehicle that responds to 911 call. They're pro-active assets attributed to a specialized division. Assets that that focus on speed enforcement first and foremost. Are they fast? Bet they are, cause they're designed to do what their name says. Intercept. Even out of the entire division that reserves the privilege of using them, only a handful of officers (read: A dozen or so out of a department of 200+) are dedicated interceptors that really know how to maximize the output of the car. 

Contrary to what most people say, it's not a car without weaknesses, it most definitely has them. And even a good driver can only mitigate those weaknesses to a degree. There are cars out there (Looking at you elegy) that once maxed out in terms of upgrades, can easily outperform an interceptor, or at the very least, make whoever's driving them break a sweat.

They are however also used as reaction-assets by officers that are certified to use them in the event of pursuits. They fill the gap in the event there's no active interceptor in the field. But that takes time, and they aren't as experienced as specialized officers.

The reason people keep bringing up the interceptor, is because the people who use them most regularly, are also the people who know what it's strengths and weaknesses are. They are used to pursuits, know the geography, the streets, and developed strategies specifically for pursuits, practice routinely to make themselves better drives with it, and above all. Active in-game wise aswell. Coupled with the lamentations of people who paid alot of money to fully upgrade their exotic import and then get busted and get upset about it. 

Edited by Kenshi Haroku
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 3
9 hours ago, Shiro said:

It literally outperforms cars that realistically would have 2x+ the power and weigh half of what a taurus does

It should not be doing 136-40 mph on straights (had a friend test it on the test server to confirm so I'm not pulling numbers out of my ass) and accelerate the same as a performance oriented sports car with a bigass engine revving to 8k rpm

This should not be posted here eitherway, it's not a discussion topic it's for legit questions. This issue has been discussed multiple times and has been closed multiple times. 

You even started a topic on it and it got closed. Stop bringing these issues up. It's a dead end anyway and won't be changed. 

Keep on topic on this thread which is your genuine questions that you have for the PD. 

When are the city cops gonna be taught to roleplay realistically, to actually start interacting with people they meet and actually roleplay with emotions and feelings. Considering over half of the server doesn't take city cops seriously you all really should learn a thing or two from SD who does this correctly.

Just now, Timzii said:

When are the city cops gonna be taught to roleplay realistically, to actually start interacting with people they meet and actually roleplay with emotions and feelings. Considering over half of the server doesn't take city cops seriously you all really should learn a thing or two from SD who does this correctly.

What happened that made you think LSPD doesn't roleplay emotions? It's a lot of accusations tossed in our faces. Please elaborate on the issue and your personal experience. Maybe we can find the exact issue you had with the Pd and work on it. 

For me, the biggest thing I’d like to see from the police is just more interaction. I’d like to be more than just an NPC to the police and Vice versa, I’m sure they want to be treated as more than just a Police NPC. “Community relations” breeds more RP, more interaction, and a better experience for the police, citizens, and criminals alike. 

21 minutes ago, Timzii said:

I RP a lot with cops and can safely say a lot RP emotions and feelings. Many don't bother with certain crimes, let X slide, or are too lazy for Y. Many stop and talk, ask about your character's day, etc etc.

I've had good experiences with SD too.

1 hour ago, Timzii said:

I am one of the staff officers in the LSPD. I've heard this statement a few times before, which motivated me to look into the matter to see if there is an issue, and if there is one then what can be done to fix it. I ask you, or anyone who is complaining from any sort of bad roleplay experience with an officer to please forward it to me or any staff officer so we can handle it. I would also be happy to hear some of the general actions that occurred, or you were told about, that led you to feel the way you currently feel.

With all that in mind, I can say that PD's leadership has already taken some strides to improve on this matter. Operations Bureau is trialing a system with Community Policing, which is intended to encourage the officers to interact a lot with the people frequenting certain areas, business owners, etc. Operations is continuously working on this system where they are considering ways to improve it and what not.

Regarding roleplaying with emotions and feelings, I can already tell you that a lot of faction members do that. However, a lot of faction members might also not allow their character to display those emotions to the public often, which I also find to be realistic. IRL cops are expected to remain professional and not display their emotions. Then why would I tell the faction members to display all sorts of emotions on a traffic stop? I would find that to be honestly unrealistic. There are places where an officer can display emotion, I just believe that the majority of players don't get to witness it.

Finally, the person I can definitely speak about the most is myself. I like to believe that some people reading this might actually recognize my forum name from the amount of business cards my Police Officer II has been handing out. I've been focusing on community policing and interaction in certain areas myself. My character also does tend to get frustrated every now and then, but usually doesn't show much of it to the public.

TLDR, we're already looking into ways to increase roleplay interactions between PD and the players. We're taking baby steps, and any reports or specific feedback would help out a lot.

39 minutes ago, Rickaroni said:

For me, the biggest thing I’d like to see from the police is just more interaction. I’d like to be more than just an NPC to the police and Vice versa, I’m sure they want to be treated as more than just a Police NPC. “Community relations” breeds more RP, more interaction, and a better experience for the police, citizens, and criminals alike. 

As I said above, we're already trying to create more community policing which would result in more interaction. If you, or anyone, has any suggestions regarding how the PD can increase its interaction with the players, then please drop them in this thread or forum PM me or any staff officers.

Edited by TranXify
15 minutes ago, TranXify said:

I am one of the staff officers in the LSPD. I've heard this statement a few times before, which motivated me to look into the matter to see if there is an issue, and if there is one then what can be done to fix it. I ask you, or anyone who is complaining from any sort of bad roleplay experience with an officer to please forward it to me or any staff officer so we can handle it. I would also be happy to hear some of the general actions that occurred, or you were told about, that led you to feel the way you currently feel.

With all that in mind, I can say that PD's leadership has already taken some strides to improve on this matter. Operations Bureau is trialing a system with Community Policing, which is intended to encourage the officers to interact a lot with the people frequenting certain areas, business owners, etc. Operations is continuously working on this system where they are considering ways to improve it and what not.

Regarding roleplaying with emotions and feelings, I can already tell you that a lot of faction members do that. However, a lot of faction members might also not allow their character to display those emotions to the public often, which I also find to be realistic. IRL cops are expected to remain professional and not display their emotions. Then why would I tell the faction members to display all sorts of emotions on a traffic stop? I would find that to be honestly unrealistic. There are places where an officer can display emotion, I just believe that the majority of players don't get to witness it.

Finally, the person I can definitely speak about the most is myself. I like to believe that some people reading this might actually recognize my forum name from the amount of business cards my Police Officer II has been handing out. I've been focusing on community policing and interaction in certain areas myself. My character also does tend to get frustrated every now and then, but usually doesn't show much of it to the public.

TLDR, we're already looking into ways to increase roleplay interactions between PD and the players. We're taking baby steps, and any reports or specific feedback would help out a lot.

As I said above, we're already trying to create more community policing which would result in more interaction. If you, or anyone, has any suggestions regarding how the PD can increase its interaction with the players, then please drop them in this thread or forum PM me or any staff officers.

Unlike a lot of people here, I don’t think PD’s roleplay is really an issue (at least in my personal experience). I think you guys are dealt a shit hand where everything you do is scrutinized and the actions of a few paint a picture of the entire organization. 

Maybe the idea of foot beats, or making sure to stop in at local open businesses just to talk to RP. I don’t know, I don’t have an answer. There might not be one. I haven’t had any negative interactions with PD as of yet but like I said, more RP interaction from the community and the Police is never a bad thing. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic
  • mj2002 unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic