The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

3 minutes ago, Hugh-Gi-Oh said:

The 'Contact Us' form on the LSPD forums seems to be broken. Every time I send a message to the administration via it, it loads for a very long time and ultimately ends with this:

vwePb41.png

I'm talking about this section: https://lspd.gta.world/memberlist.php?mode=contactadmin in the bottom right corner of the page, on 'contact us'.

That aside, it's really kinda complicated to get in touch with LSPD about anything but emergency calls. 991 gets no response a lot of the time, Mission Row and Vespucci PD are often empty. Where do I go if I wanna talk to the police about something not related to an emergency at all?

The site works for me.

As for your question, you could check the Rockford Station, or approach one of the people on the streets. In the end we're all here to roleplay and no-one likes voluntarily sitting behind a desk instead of being out and about (unless they signed up to be a receptionist, of course.)

30 minutes ago, Hugh-Gi-Oh said:

The 'Contact Us' form on the LSPD forums seems to be broken. Every time I send a message to the administration via it, it loads for a very long time and ultimately ends with this:

vwePb41.png

I'm talking about this section: https://lspd.gta.world/memberlist.php?mode=contactadmin in the bottom right corner of the page, on 'contact us'.

That aside, it's really kinda complicated to get in touch with LSPD about anything but emergency calls. 991 gets no response a lot of the time, Mission Row and Vespucci PD are often empty. Where do I go if I wanna talk to the police about something not related to an emergency at all?

Sending a message to "Administrators" through that means gives me the same error, but even if the error did not exist, I don't think you'd even reach anyone from the LSPD by doing this.

The ways to get in touch with PD for non-emergency calls:

1) Call 991. Whether or not you get a response depends on the nature of the call and the amount of people on duty. There are way more officers online at 9 PM than there are at 5 AM server time.

2) Visit one of the police stations. I believe you will most likely encounter an officer at Mission Row, followed by Rockford Hills, followed by Vespucci HQ. You can visit any of these stations and look for an officer to roleplay with.

3) You can send a forum PM on the LSPD forums to the appropriate person who can handle the nature of your concerns. I understand that it can be difficult to figure out which Command Officer or Staff Officer to contact based on the nature of your request, but you can forum PM any of them with your issue and ask them to either help sort the issue or guide you in the right direction.

Feel free to send me a forum PM on the GTAW Forums explaining the exact issue you are trying to address and I'll point you in the right direction.

So from what I understand, two if not possibly three cops were CKed today, will the department be making a statement about these events to the press/public? 

I feel like press releases/news conferences for many events including this would do well to help build up the IC world. Local news is important and PD press conferences and releases are really important to that. Will PD consider doing a press release for these events (Even a simple one could spark of great investigative journalism RP) and will the faction do better to release more press releases in the future, this on large busts, shootings and really any large call that you guys partake in.

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, Henning said:

So from what I understand, two if not possibly three cops were CKed today, will the department be making a statement about these events to the press/public? 

I feel like press releases/news conferences for many events including this would do well to help build up the IC world. Local news is important and PD press conferences and releases are really important to that. Will PD consider doing a press release for these events (Even a simple one could spark of great investigative journalism RP) and will the faction do better to release more press releases in the future, this on large busts, shootings and really any large call that you guys partake in.

This also adds to the lore.

46 minutes ago, Henning said:

Pretty sure something is already being drafted for this! 

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, Henning said:

You can always request information on the website. Reporters have a dedicated section where they can request information regarding certain events. Someone from MRCAD will then go through reports or get in contact with people on shift that know anything about the incident.

Or in certain cases, they'll tell you they'll release a press release themselves later on. That way you can tell

Edited by Kenshi Haroku
On 8/2/2020 at 4:49 PM, Henning said:

Press Releases can be found on the LSPD forums under the front desk, Public Relations, Press Releases!

One of the best officers i saw on any RP server samp/ragemp combined always trying to create RP and interacting with their environment while being cool OOC unless someone starts doing dumb things like doing off road with a car that barely touches the ground. Could be cool if there were less cruisers with a plane's speed because most of the time unless it's the crown vic or the SUV model pursuing someone they have literally no chance against the other two cruisers (Chevy and Charger models i think) which outperform sport cars and keep up with them like they're chasing a Burrito van.

Edited by Babil
29 minutes ago, Babil said:

One of the best officers i saw on any RP server samp/ragemp combined always trying to create RP and interacting with their environment while being cool OOC unless someone starts doing dumb things like doing off road with a car that barely touches the ground. Could be cool if there were less cruisers with a plane's speed because most of the time unless it's the crown vic or the SUV model pursuing someone they have literally no chance against the other two cruisers (Chevy and Charger models i think) which outperform sport cars and keep up with them like they're chasing a Burrito van.

Literally no cruiser outperforms sports cars. The Scout, VVPI, Granger & Buffalo all top out in the 100-120 range.

The only thing that goes faster is the interceptor, and that still has its limits.  The interceptor is also massively limited and restricted.

I am unsure where you are getting these speed assessments from.

5 minutes ago, Sam2 said:

Literally no cruiser outperforms sports cars. The Scout, VVPI, Granger & Buffalo all top out in the 100-120 range.

The only thing that goes faster is the interceptor, and that still has its limits.  The interceptor is also massively limited and restricted.

I am unsure where you are getting these speed assessments from.

Got them from having an interceptor catch up to me while i was on a highway in a Pariah, the heli and other cruisers couldn't keep up but the interceptor somehow kept the same speed as me even coming inches close to my car's trunk from time to time, i was left with the question is my car and the heli slow? Or does the interceptor have a rocket engine under its hood? Yeah my bad confused the buffalo with the interceptor.

Edited by Babil
  • Wuhtah locked this topic
  • mj2002 unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic