The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

2 hours ago, mj2002 said:

I find this weird though. Why is this? You already need to make a separate account on the FLD website. Why two accounts?

The LSPD is the faction responsible for handling Firearms Licensing, and they have their own forums that is separate from the GTAW forums. In order to post on the forum, you require to have an account. Creating an account is quick and simple. If people create topics without a forum account created on the LSPD website, it can be quite confusing and difficult to keep track of people and their topics. I am not even sure it's possible to create topics without being a registered user to start with. It's just how the forums are.

If you need something from the LSFD, such as a fire marshall inspection for your business, you will need to create yet another account on the LSFD forums. If you need something from the LSSD, such as a ridealong with LSSD, you will need to create yet another account on their forums.

I am not entirely sure why those factions chose to have their own forums. It could have been to allow faction leadership to have control over the forums, or to allow for different aesthetic, or it could be to allow those factions to have a separate website that they can focus on. I am not sure why things were set up this way, but they were set up this way for organization purposes.

I hope this answers your question as to why two accounts are needed. The two websites are separate for one reason or another and you need to create an account to post on the LSPD forums, just like you need to create an account to post on the GTAW forums.

4 hours ago, TranXify said:

The LSPD is the faction responsible for handling Firearms Licensing, and they have their own forums that is separate from the GTAW forums. In order to post on the forum, you require to have an account. Creating an account is quick and simple. If people create topics without a forum account created on the LSPD website, it can be quite confusing and difficult to keep track of people and their topics. I am not even sure it's possible to create topics without being a registered user to start with. It's just how the forums are.

If you need something from the LSFD, such as a fire marshall inspection for your business, you will need to create yet another account on the LSFD forums. If you need something from the LSSD, such as a ridealong with LSSD, you will need to create yet another account on their forums.

I am not entirely sure why those factions chose to have their own forums. It could have been to allow faction leadership to have control over the forums, or to allow for different aesthetic, or it could be to allow those factions to have a separate website that they can focus on. I am not sure why things were set up this way, but they were set up this way for organization purposes.

I hope this answers your question as to why two accounts are needed. The two websites are separate for one reason or another and you need to create an account to post on the LSPD forums, just like you need to create an account to post on the GTAW forums.

Sorry, I don't want to come across as annoying or being nitpicky, but this is not quite correct. This isn't some important thing or big deal, giant issue or whatever, but I noticed it and I thought I'd point it out.

Those applying for a license are directed to the LSPD forums, which has a public section leading to the FLD. However, this public section for licensing is not available unless you are logged on, as mentioned above. So you have to register a new account with the LSPD forums just to find the link to FLD, where you once again have to register a new account. I thought that was a bit off. Making that link directly visible to everyone, logged in or not, is a very minor improvement. That's all.

Edited by mj2002
  • Upvote 1

This behavior is very common among LSPD, they often forget that roleplay is important and a criminal record is something that impacts people's life forever but they just shoot and shove characters as if they were dogs. At first I used to think I was an IC victim of police brutality or corruption, but it is safe to say that on some ranks it is a true mindset to play to win, not to role play.

16 minutes ago, Daquan Kingston said:

This behavior is very common among LSPD, they often forget that roleplay is important and a criminal record is something that impacts people's life forever but they just shoot and shove characters as if they were dogs. At first I used to think I was an IC victim of police brutality or corruption, but it is safe to say that on some ranks it is a true mindset to play to win, not to role play.

Okay, cool story... now my question is... why did you exactly post it here? This topic is not here for people to post stuff like you did, it's for questions surrounding the faction itself and it's operation. If you have a problem with the faction on an OOC level and would like to report it, send a message to one of the Staff Officers on the LSPD forum and they'll be more then happy to deal with it. Have an IC problem, report it to the Internal Affairs Group through the LSPD forum... posting this here will get it nowhere and is really unnecessary, and a waste of time for yourself.

TL;DR This post is not the place to post things or ''whine'' about some sort of misconduct of a faction member, report it please.

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, DomThomson said:

Okay, cool story... now my question is... why did you exactly post it here? This topic is not here for people to post stuff like you did, it's for questions surrounding the faction itself and it's operation. If you have a problem with the faction on an OOC level and would like to report it, send a message to one of the Staff Officers on the LSPD forum and they'll be more then happy to deal with it. Have an IC problem, report it to the Internal Affairs Group through the LSPD forum... posting this here will get it nowhere and is really unnecessary, and a waste of time for yourself.

TL;DR This post is not the place to post things or ''whine'' about some sort of misconduct of a faction member, report it please.

I do not have the intent to spend more hours & days of waiting on an IC case despite of the outcome it can get because I'd rather spend those hours of my day having fun. I am simply stating that a lot of people in the server like myself are bothered from this attitude, and I'm typing it here to ring a bell to some members too in the best case scenario. I hope my reply is honest enough?

29 minutes ago, Daquan Kingston said:

I do not have the intent to spend more hours & days of waiting on an IC case despite of the outcome it can get because I'd rather spend those hours of my day having fun. I am simply stating that a lot of people in the server like myself are bothered from this attitude, and I'm typing it here to ring a bell to some members too in the best case scenario. I hope my reply is honest enough?

On 8/8/2019 at 2:31 PM, Big_Smokes said:

My fellow leaders and I are not present for every interaction you might have with any INDIVIDUAL faction member, and thus I would like you to refrain from posting complaints about individual interactions in this thread.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic
  • mj2002 unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic