The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

5 hours ago, Dodo said:

If you are denied the reviewer offers an explanation, and if you are unhappy with this you are welcome to take it up the chain for a second opinion. 

I had a really poor experience with the whole recruitment process(PD), so poor that myself and other applicants talked about aiming to become recruiters because of it. Unfortunately I was trashed for my apparently poor English so It never came to that, but I was never given an explanation nor replied too when asked for one, I only got to know why I was denied because I have a friend who knew the right person OOC'ly.

When I tried for SD I goofed on the questionnaire because I got the impression that they didn't wanted essays on each answers so I kept them short and very simple, so I knew what to improve on, so when the next wave came I threw in same application that was initially approved first time but the second time it was denied for poor English like it was with PD. With SD I at least was able to get an explanation and examples of my mistakes, and I appreciate that.

People still react with WTF? when I tell they why I was denied both places, but since both instance has the same reason there must be something to it.
Nothing hurts your confidence like being best in class at English(back then) just to get told you're too bad to be a virtual cop. ?

Edited by StoneFire
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Fallacy said:

I have recently gone through the recruitment process and can attest to this fully, at no point was my nationality disclosed or required to be. From experience, it was based mainly on character portrayal, backstory, understanding of the English language to a reasonable degree and overall quality of your RP. This is coming from someone who is from a Caribbean  island, making me a minority; the nationality differential is really a scaled down version of what the server's representation on a whole is in my opinion.

I can attest to this also by using my own experience. At no point during my recruitment process was I asked where I am coming from nor any other questions concerning my origins. I was simply tested on my spelling and ability to speak understandable english. Being originally from France, I can tell you straight away that my english isn't perfect and oh boy neither is my pronunciation. However I have never felt unwelcome or held back because of these upon facts, unlike many communities that I have seen. Fun fact, I believe the recruitment officer which did my interview was from Egypt. 

21 hours ago, StoneFire said:

I had a really poor experience with the whole recruitment process(PD), so poor that myself and other applicants talked about aiming to become recruiters because of it. Unfortunately I was trashed for my apparently poor English so It never came to that, but I was never given an explanation nor replied too when asked for one, I only got to know why I was denied because I have a friend who knew the right person OOC'ly.

When I tried for SD I goofed on the questionnaire because I got the impression that they didn't wanted essays on each answers so I kept them short and very simple, so I knew what to improve on, so when the next wave came I threw in same application that was initially approved first time but the second time it was denied for poor English like it was with PD. With SD I at least was able to get an explanation and examples of my mistakes, and I appreciate that.

People still react with WTF? when I tell they why I was denied both places, but since both instance has the same reason there must be something to it.
Nothing hurts your confidence like being best in class at English(back then) just to get told you're too bad to be a virtual cop. ?

I'm sorry to hear that. If you'd like to reach out to the specifics for your denial you're more than welcome to do so via private messages. I just checked my inbox to around the approximate time of your application. If memory serves me however I believe that your denial was completely IC. We commonly don't elaborate on the denial in the public form unless there are specifics to note, a general interview failure is a bit difficult to elaborate. 

Edited by Dodo
16 minutes ago, Dodo said:

I'm sorry to hear that. If you'd like to reach out to the specifics for your denial you're more than welcome to do so via private messages. I just checked my inbox to around the approximate time of your application. If memory serves me however I believe that your denial was completely IC.

It dates all the way back to February, but I don't mean for you to discuss my case openly it matters little what happened because nothing changes it or the experience as a whole I had tying to join one of the largest legal faction on this server.
I merely wanted to voice in favor of why there might be a larger amount of people based out of UK and the states since English is native to them, as the the two recent recruits that replied its not about having a different nationality, it's just the struggle there can be when English is not your primary language has to match the standard that's set by the faction, if it's too strict is not for me to determine but if your English is not good enough to be in the faction how is it good enough to be on the server is something I have asked myself a few times.

Edited by StoneFire
46 minutes ago, StoneFire said:

It dates all the way back to February, but I don't mean for you to discuss my case openly it matters little what happened because nothing changes it or the experience as a whole I had tying to join one of the largest legal faction on this server.

Understandable I just wanted to make sure you knew that you had the option. 

46 minutes ago, StoneFire said:

if it's too strict is not for me to determine but if your English is not good enough to be in the faction how is it good enough to be on the server is something I have asked myself a few times.

Because joining the server is one thing, you are representing yourself. Your interactions are your own and there aren't any expectations from you aside the general grasp of the rules, and roleplay. When you join a faction you are representative of the entire organization through your interactions with other players, as such they are liable to have stricter requirements. This just isn't for the PD, this encompasses everything from legal to illegal roleplay. Legal have their examinations, resources, study material, etc. Illegal have their screenshot threads, day to day interactions, and everything else. When you look at that player's roleplay, you put it not only to them but associate it with their faction. 

In the case of the Police Department our standard is kept decently high due to the volume and frequency of our interactions with the server. This has been determined by faction leadership and management. 

Edited by Dodo
  • Upvote 1

Hello, 

Can someone please logically explain to me HOW impounding a COMPANY/FACTION/BUSINESS vehicle for 7 whole days while the owner is offline and not notified about it in anyway is considered best RP? 

d0e5c68e99367b94485a26fc71e4f817.png

I log in today and re spawn the Habeeb Taxi vehicles after the server restarted and I saw this. I don't understand in what situation would warrent the impounding of a taxi, a company taxi for 7 whole days and give me a ticket for it (because I am the script owner of it) What roleplay and development does that bring to me or Habeeb Taxi? If anything it seems like a very very steep punishment and now my employees have lost access to one of the taxi's for a week? So in a weeks time I get to /vget /fines /takefine /payfine over something that happened when I was offline and don't know about...

... oh yeah what happened exactly? I have no clue I wasn't online. Did one of my drivers leave it blocking the highway? If he did maybe he crashed, his internet timed out? Was it desynced into the road? Was it even one of my drivers who did it? Was is stolen by someone random?

Again... no way of knowing but someone sure got a kick out of impounding it for a whole damn week and giving me a ticket for... oh right we don't know what for. 

Come on, surely this is a bit silly to impound a business car for that long, or even at all. 

I feel like I am going to get a "deal with it ICly, find out who was driving it blah blah blah blah but how is that possible to even enforce if the driver times out, or crashes or the car gets desynced into the road for example. It just feels like more of an OOC thing where there should maybe be some concessions given for faction vehicles or company vehicles. 7 days is SO excessive. Jeez.

Edited by Late
1 hour ago, Late said:

Hello, 

Can someone please logically explain to me HOW impounding a COMPANY/FACTION/BUSINESS vehicle for 7 whole days while the owner is offline and not notified about it in anyway is considered best RP? 

d0e5c68e99367b94485a26fc71e4f817.png

I log in today and re spawn the Habeeb Taxi vehicles after the server restarted and I saw this. I don't understand in what situation would warrent the impounding of a taxi, a company taxi for 7 whole days and give me a ticket for it (because I am the script owner of it) What roleplay and development does that bring to me or Habeeb Taxi? If anything it seems like a very very steep punishment and now my employees have lost access to one of the taxi's for a week? So in a weeks time I get to /vget /fines /takefine /payfine over something that happened when I was offline and don't know about...

... oh yeah what happened exactly? I have no clue I wasn't online. Did one of my drivers leave it blocking the highway? If he did maybe he crashed, his internet timed out? Was it desynced into the road? Was it even one of my drivers who did it? Was is stolen by someone random?

Again... no way of knowing but someone sure got a kick out of impounding it for a whole damn week and giving me a ticket for... oh right we don't know what for. 

Come on, surely this is a bit silly to impound a business car for that long, or even at all. 

I feel like I am going to get a "deal with it ICly, find out who was driving it blah blah blah blah but how is that possible to even enforce if the driver times out, or crashes or the car gets desynced into the road for example. It just feels like more of an OOC thing where there should maybe be some concessions given for faction vehicles or company vehicles. 7 days is SO excessive. Jeez.

Exactly like @SULLI said. The penal code states a vehicle used for evading to be impounded for 7 days. This isn't something done for OOC reasons. Your best approach is to use the non-emergency outline and sort it out. If you are not online it's impossible to reach out to your char. If the vehicle was towed for parking reasons as in blocking a road or etc it would be only impounded for 1 day.

I've spent a good portion of my RP years roleplaying a cop, with my most notable one being John Sage in the LSSD of LS-RP.

The most important lesson for an upcoming or current LEO is that YOU SHOULD LEARN HOW TO LOSE.

I've been through the supercop phase, all of us have. Winning in video games is fun. Winning in RP gets stale quickly and ruins everyone's experience, however. Of course, this does not mean you should put up with a P2W rule-breaking criminal, but you should give decent RPers more space and opportunities to take the RP far or lead it somewhere different other than the regular "Pull over, hands up, arrest, prosecute etc".

The second most important lesson for an upcoming or current LEO is that YOU HAVE THE POWER TO RUIN SOMEONE'S CHARACTER, DON'T ABUSE IT.

How would you feel if you pressed W for a second longer and then had everything you've went through this character (especially if legal) fucked up? How would you feel if that one second cost you weeks or even months of character development, applications for factions/weapons etc and 3$ for a namechange? I'd assume you'd be pretty salty if some LEO arrested you, it impacted you just as the aforementioned and he was probably laughing his ass off on dispatch. On top of that, if someone genuinely tells you something happened by accident on /b, you are not a better RPer if you just throw the old regular "Keep it IC", you are just an asshole. Just some food for thought.

This is what us, lawyers in this game, try to fight. I've seen ridiculous arrest reports, vague evidence and a general laziness. I was discussing with an associate of mine the other day whether it is acceptable to have half a paragraph of a report for felonies such as Murders, Rape and heinous offenses in general, since this is what happens.

So, perhaps, instead of being a robocop LEO, try taking into account the fact that this is a game, not everyone knows the laws word to word (neither do you, probably) and keep it 100. This isn't aimed towards every single LEO on this server. If this applies to you, then take some time and self reflect.

Sorry if this is not civil enough, it comes from someone who has been frustrated with certain events in the short timeframe I've been playing and from someone who has been a LEO for longer than I can remember.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 6
2 hours ago, DionGR said:

I've spent a good portion of my RP years roleplaying a cop, with my most notable one being John Sage in the LSSD of LS-RP.

The most important lesson for an upcoming or current LEO is that YOU SHOULD LEARN HOW TO LOSE.

I've been through the supercop phase, all of us have. Winning in video games is fun. Winning in RP gets stale quickly and ruins everyone's experience, however. Of course, this does not mean you should put up with a P2W rule-breaking criminal, but you should give decent RPers more space and opportunities to take the RP far or lead it somewhere different other than the regular "Pull over, hands up, arrest, prosecute etc".

The second most important lesson for an upcoming or current LEO is that YOU HAVE THE POWER TO RUIN SOMEONE'S CHARACTER, DON'T ABUSE IT.

How would you feel if you pressed W for a second longer and then had everything you've went through this character (especially if legal) fucked up? How would you feel if that one second cost you weeks or even months of character development, applications for factions/weapons etc and 3$ for a namechange? I'd assume you'd be pretty salty if some LEO arrested you, it impacted you just as the aforementioned and he was probably laughing his ass off on dispatch. On top of that, if someone genuinely tells you something happened by accident on /b, you are not a better RPer if you just throw the old regular "Keep it IC", you are just an asshole. Just some food for thought.

This is what us, lawyers in this game, try to fight. I've seen ridiculous arrest reports, vague evidence and a general laziness. I was discussing with an associate of mine the other day whether it is acceptable to have half a paragraph of a report for felonies such as Murders, Rape and heinous offenses in general, since this is what happens.

So, perhaps, instead of being a robocop LEO, try taking into account the fact that this is a game, not everyone knows the laws word to word (neither do you, probably) and keep it 100. This isn't aimed towards every single LEO on this server. If this applies to you, then take some time and self reflect.

Sorry if this is not civil enough, it comes from someone who has been frustrated with certain events in the short timeframe I've been playing and from someone who has been a LEO for longer than I can remember.

As stated in the original post. Any complaints feel free to contact us and we will happily look into them. This thread is simply for questions for us to be able to answer and I'm requesting you keep on that topic.  A lot of what you have stated is also seriously misinformed, feel free to reach out to me  and I would happily look into your concerns further. 

As for reports, which although you have stressed it's a game (quite frankly that is correct and this shouldn't be a stress to anyone) and also you have stated they need to have an increase in report writing and quality.

Report writing quality is something we are working on, focusing on improving the content with Police training and education division. We have a course developed and about to run for just that. We have spoken with the guys in JSA and also developed a report writing quality checking service. So, if an officer is caught with terrible report writing, part of this could be a remedial training punishment which would go through these steps. Something our FTP system really focuses on. 

Edited by Cascade
  • Wuhtah locked this topic
  • mj2002 unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic