The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

9 hours ago, Big_Smokes said:

Advertising and representing the faction
As has already been made quite evident, there is a value in showcasing our work. This is not just to spark community interest in the faction (although it is a very useful tool for it), but also to restore faith in our faction from a wider community perspective. Although we have already come far from 2018, we feel that everyone that has been a part of this faction so far deserves more praise from the community. Part of that is showing to the community we are willing to improve and already have come a long way, and publicly posting roleplay screenshots is a big part of that. I ask all of you personally to please keep pushing these screenshots on our faction thread which can be found here. MRCAD has been charged with updating and renewing our social media, and a new faction thread is currently in the works.

I can not stress how AWESOME the PD threads are! It's incredible interesting to see what you guys are doing outside of the normal interactions we have between cop and criminal. Frankly, it encourages me to RP more with LEO characters knowing they have a thread. Screenshots are something that anyone who does them regularly will not only enjoy but respect. I try to give those players 110% because I know they are looking for quality RP they can showcase. I understand that statement has it's faults but it's the truth.

If anyone from PD has questions regarding what's good to showcase in screenshots or tips on how to get started with a screenshot thread. Don't be afraid to reach out! I'd love to help any of you!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Big_Smokes said:

When it comes to Civilian Staff, we feel like more drastic steps are necessary to improve the quality of their roles and the retention of Civilian Staff. To combat these issues and improve their quality of life, a new Personnel Division is being created which is going to be led by the first non-law enforcement ''command officer'' and will largely be responsible for managing and training civilian staff in the department. We intend (and already have in some places) to create more leadership positions for civilians in order to legitimize their career paths, to be in line with the total growth of our faction.

Not to sound direct, but are civilian staff paid in line with other jobs readily available outside the LSPD faction? I understand that money obviously shouldn't be a main concern and it's more about the role play (it should be at least). However, anyone can go work at a 24/7 for 3 hours a day and earn $12,000 a day ($4,000 an hour government stipend x 3 hours) or a taxi driver at $8,000 a day ($4,000 stipend for max 2 hours) or any number of businesses that offer the $4,000 per hour stipend. We can dance around the subject about money not being the object, but its important for a lot of people.

Do the front desk job / 911 operators & dispatchers / other civilian jobs receive comparable pay to that? Again, we can say it's about the RP all day long, but ultimately is the value of working these jobs worth the time? I'm not at all trying to imply that LSPD jobs aren't worth it because frankly I've never worked one before. This is why I'm asking about the pay rates and the state of these civilian jobs. I'm simply trying to look at this from the average role player's point of view, especially since you mention that drastic steps are necessary to increase quality of civilian roles and their retention. Do they not have enough to do? What do you think is causing the issue of job quality within the civilian staff?

Edited by Chief
52 minutes ago, Chief said:

Not to sound direct, but are civilian staff paid in line with other jobs readily available outside the LSPD faction? I understand that money obviously shouldn't be a main concern and it's more about the role play (it should be at least). However, anyone can go work at a 24/7 for 3 hours a day and earn $12,000 a day ($4,000 an hour government stipend x 3 hours) or a taxi driver at $8,000 a day ($4,000 stipend for max 2 hours) or any number of businesses that offer the $4,000 per hour stipend. We can dance around the subject about money not being the object, but its important for a lot of people.

Do the front desk job / 911 operators & dispatchers / other civilian jobs receive comparable pay to that? Again, we can say it's about the RP all day long, but ultimately is the value of working these jobs worth the time? I'm not at all trying to imply that LSPD jobs aren't worth it because frankly I've never worked one before. This is why I'm asking about the pay rates and the state of these civilian jobs. I'm simply trying to look at this from the average role player's point of view, especially since you mention that drastic steps are necessary to increase quality of civilian roles and their retention. Do they not have enough to do? What do you think is causing the issue of job quality within the civilian staff?

LSPD civilian staff are paid in the same fashion as officers are; based on their online time in the faction. This obviously scales with the complexity of the role you choose. A gardener and a receptionist are going to be a lower pay band than a CSI unit.

I’m not entirely sure on the pay bands off the top of my head, but the pay for the receptionists is equivalent to our Police Officer IIs, while the CSI and other intensive roles have a good boost in payment, equivalent to one of our Detective IIs.

Ultimately we’re trying to blend a mix of a realistic pay scale and a pay scale that is fair for the server. I’ve not ever heard the civilian staff complain they’re not paid enough moolah ? .

• Applaud 1
2 hours ago, Henning said:

I can not stress how AWESOME the PD threads are! It's incredible interesting to see what you guys are doing outside of the normal interactions we have between cop and criminal. Frankly, it encourages me to RP more with LEO characters knowing they have a thread. Screenshots are something that anyone who does them regularly will not only enjoy but respect. I try to give those players 110% because I know they are looking for quality RP they can showcase. I understand that statement has it's faults but it's the truth.

If anyone from PD has questions regarding what's good to showcase in screenshots or tips on how to get started with a screenshot thread. Don't be afraid to reach out! I'd love to help any of you!

Glad to hear you are enjoying our guys screens. A lot of really creative people in PD (super jealous about it!). I'm always up for tips for screenshots! I need to do more! Feel free to pass it over! Thanks ?

Probably not the best thread to do this but I would like to give a big shout-out to Shane Mitchell for the great character portrayal and roleplay standards. Our characters did not come across each other for the best of reasons nor are they certainly on the best terms currently but he surely managed to make my experience and time interacting with him totally worth it.

• Upvote 5
  • Applaud 2
5 hours ago, Shaderz said:

Probably not the best thread to do this but I would like to give a big shout-out to Shane Mitchell for the great character portrayal and roleplay standards. Our characters did not come across each other for the best of reasons nor are they certainly on the best terms currently but he surely managed to make my experience and time interacting with him totally worth it.

She plays an amazing character I agree! Glad to hear you have met Sergeant Mitch ? I'll make sure to pass it on! @Chiky

Edited by Cascade
  • Upvote 1

Could someone clarify if the fine for skipping a red light is established (rule or something) or based on user criteria?

I ask this because I have read that the red traffic lights can be passed slowly and looking from side to side, some PDs fine and others don't, I would like to know on what basis they do this, because I don't know what to do now if some fine and others don't, I don't want to receive any more fines for this.

This is not a rant or anything like that, I just would like to know, thanks.

Edited by Jennie
Just now, Jennie said:

Could someone clarify if the fine for skipping a red light is established (rule or something) or based on user criteria?

You're looking for TITLE XII, 1212.

If, upon approaching a junction containing traffic lights the traffic light displays a red light the driver must stop to other vehicles before continuing. If there is no other vehicles at the junction, the driver may proceed cautiously through the junction. If the traffic light displays a yellow light that is going to a green light, then it is to be treated as a green light. If the traffic light displays a green light, the driver is not required to stop, and may pass through the intersection without stopping. Shall be charged with the applicable Title IV charge. (EX: Reckless Driving, Negligent Operation of Vehicle, Vehicular Endangerment)

I don't personally care for this, since even ignoring how some lights aren't synced and how some intersections will display all lights from all directions as green or red simultaneously, they still only last for about two or three seconds at most. Unless I happen to have watched you enter and leave the intersection the entire time and know for certain you started to go through when it was green, it's not unlikely that I'll show up and only see you moving in on a red light. But that's the basis for it.

• Thanks 1
Just now, Exploits said:

You're looking for TITLE XII, 1212.

I don't personally care for this, since even ignoring how some lights aren't synced and how some intersections will display all lights from all directions as green or red simultaneously, they still only last for about two or three seconds at most. Unless I happen to have watched you enter and leave the intersection the entire time and know for certain you started to go through when it was green, it's not unlikely that I'll show up and only see you moving in on a red light. But that's the basis for it.

Mainly I meant if there is something established internally in the PD, that is, if there is something decided related to what you say, lights without sync and those things, because I have been since I joined the server skipping the traffic lights in red, carefully and slowly when there is nobody and nothing has ever happened, and some PDs have let me go, but today is the first fine I've received due to this and I don't feel like stopping at each light or accumulating dozens of fines xD.

• Wuhtah locked this topic
  • mj2002 unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic