The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

7 hours ago, kestrelbirdman said:

The reason why I believe a lot of illegal roleplayers suffer major consequences by legal roleplayers is all about how they act. If you give an officer or deputy a single lick of suspicion that you are affiliated to gang, have a weapon, or may be a potential threat then you are opening the door to these case laws below. They will be used and abused, and it’s up to the player (both IC and OOC) to understand them and when they are abused, which opens up the door for other legal involvement against the departments. 

end all be all, you act like a gangbanger and you’ll be treated like a gangbanger. If you go around (like I’ve had happen to my deputy time and time again) screaming “fuck twelve” “fuck the sheriffs” and tossing up gang signs, then you should expect a poor time and strong consequences. I’d suggest looking into a few documentaries on how most gangs act and react to police presence, and the roleplay at GTA-W is mostly the opposite from the outer shell roleplayers. 

I will admit, that PD and SD are quick to go overboard on some situations but I believe it’s habit because most situations end up with them being blasted or bodied in less than a second if they’re not prepared. I hope this is helpful to some extent.

This is on par ^.

I'm glad the first part of this quote was said, because if cops had a inkling that you were a member of a gang or outlaw MC in real life you'd get your shit kicked in by the law with house searches, vehicle searches, detainment ect. As said, people on both sides need to educate themselves on how to interact with each other.. Cops try to work with criminals and criminals stay on good terms with cops for a multitude of reasons.

Let's be real being a criminal isn't fun without risk and being a cop isn't fun without car-chases and shootouts and it's two sides of the same coin but the big issue that pops up a lot of the time is either bad portrayal or play-to-win attitudes on both sides.

The thing is though, I'll be fully honest here. I "play to win". Depending on the situation, I'll do the best I can to come out on top. Francly, who wants to play a game, and play to lose? What is wrong with having a mindset where you want to give it your all? If someone breaks the law, the general consensus is you'll do whatever it takes to get away or at the very least, submit and try to make a deal. Alternatively, on the other side of the fence, what do you expect a police officer or a sheriffs deputy to do when they see you break the law? Help me understand what exactly is wrong with said attitude? 

Edited by Kenshi Haroku
  • Upvote 2
49 minutes ago, Kenshi Haroku said:

The thing is though, I'll be fully honest here. I "play to win". Depending on the situation, I'll do the best I can to come out on top. Francly, who wants to play a game, and play to lose? What is wrong with having a mindset where you want to give it your all? If someone breaks the law, the general consensus is you'll do whatever it takes to get away or at the very least, submit and try to make a deal. Alternatively, on the other side of the fence, what do you expect a police officer or a sheriffs deputy to do when they see you break the law? Help me understand what exactly is wrong with said attitude? 

There's a difference between you wanting to come out on top and playing to win, and your character doing that. I'm really curious what you're trying to say here...

• Upvote 1
On 4/17/2020 at 8:43 PM, Zombiedude101 said:

The issue is that those sessions usually take place in the evening when I'm not able to get on.

The in game academy is currently being removed. You should no longer have an issue with that.

24 minutes ago, aldo said:

PD pull a chopper out of their ass everytime a brawl happens

No, we don't. We have helicopters on patrol almost all day long.

3 minutes ago, Big_Smokes said:

The in game academy is currently being removed. You should no longer have an issue with that.

No, we don't. We have helicopters on patrol almost all day long.

Can confirm. It's great fun watching all the criminals breaking laws from above. We see everything!

1 hour ago, whowouldwin said:

None of this happens. People also need to stop comparing LSPD to LAPD. Do you know how many cops died in 2019 in LAPD ? Two. Only one was shot.

Do you know how many LSPD cops died in 2019? Probably 100.

Los Santos is literally 100 times deadlier than LA for cops ( and everyone, really ). There is no one else but the criminal roleplayers who cause increased LSPD response, by creating the environment where so many LSPD cops die in the first place. Stop shooting cops/people so often and things will be more chill. Continue and then whine on the forums that the police is very aggressive in an extremely dangerous metropolis.

If LAPD had 100 officers shot dead per year they'd probably dual wield M4A1s during traffic stops.

The harder you push, the harder the Police will push back. And you're not winning that pushing contest.

You know why cops keep getting gunned down? Because you keep using “random searches” lmao. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic
  • mj2002 unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic