The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

The way legal facs like PD handle juvenile roleplayers leaves more to be desired.  They treat them almost identically to how they treat adults. If a child evades or shoplifts, they will get a full blown adult treatment and thrown in county jail. I evaded police after a non violent crime and got 1 day 6 hours in countyt ( 1 month 6 days RPly) . 

PD should change their approach and have OOC guidelines on how to RP around minors, i've done what my character did IRL and police just warned me and dropped me home, so why is my character getting a month in an adult prison?

Please make an OOC guidline for PD about how to RP with children. Some PD have rped great and even let me go, but majority have thrown me in adult prison for something minor. You can say it's all IC but it isn't really in character it is something that should be told to PD OOCly, they should do /do's or check examines to find out peoples ages instead of treating everyone like unnamed clone perps that aren't worth their time.

2 hours ago, Shekh said:

The way legal facs like PD handle juvenile roleplayers leaves more to be desired.  They treat them almost identically to how they treat adults. If a child evades or shoplifts, they will get a full blown adult treatment and thrown in county jail. I evaded police after a non violent crime and got 1 day 6 hours in countyt ( 1 month 6 days RPly) . 

Officers don't get to decide how the law works. They just apply it.

The Penal Code ( which you can read freely, it's on this forum ) does not make a difference between adults and underaged people.

2 minutes ago, Shekh said:

This is meant for PD higher ups not for u, u have no say in this it is a suggestion for the people who can actually make a difference

As members of PD, we do have a say on this thread. If you weaponize situations to suit your agenda, expect members of the faction you use said situations against to respond.

If it’s such an issue for you, write up a faction report because the attitude you present your concerns with is truly troubling.

3 minutes ago, Ylva said:

As members of PD, we do have a say on this thread. If you weaponize situations to suit your agenda, expect members of the faction you use said situations against to respond.

If it’s such an issue for you, write up a faction report because the attitude you present your concerns with is truly troubling.

Ive asked leaders of pd to make ooc guidlines about this that many PD agree with, if u a disagree that is fine

1 hour ago, Shekh said:

Ive asked leaders of pd to make ooc guidlines about this that many PD agree with, if u a disagree that is fine

Another issue with this is there is no scripted age system, more than not at a point of detaining someone they will claim to be underage, tho pulling up the MDC they own a car and a license, sometimes a home. Underage players are used, not always, as a way to try to cop out of punishment.. Until there is a script that cuts their income, disallows them vehicles and licenses and jobs and requires them to have a guardian,..This wouldn't be feasible on GTAW,

Edited by cryybabyycryy
  • Upvote 1
On 4/3/2020 at 9:59 PM, Shekh said:

PD should change their approach and have OOC guidelines on how to RP around minors, i've done what my character did IRL and police just warned me and dropped me home, so why is my character getting a month in an adult prison?

Please make an OOC guidline for PD about how to RP with children. Some PD have rped great and even let me go, but majority have thrown me in adult prison for something minor. You can say it's all IC but it isn't really in character it is something that should be told to PD OOCly, they should do /do's or check examines to find out peoples ages instead of treating everyone like unnamed clone perps that aren't worth their time.

I think people have already stated this but, we have only the law set out by the government which have no difference in juvenile charges. I always encourage our guys to rp with illegal rpers in a way that gives us both an enjoyable scene and aids character development. My character who significantly older, has often had conversations with kids in cuffs with the whole "Was this worth it? Think what you are doing with your life kid?" Kinda chat and for the most part its been a fun bit of rp, sometimes I don't get much back.

However playing a juvenile does not mean you get away with breaking the law, sometimes officers may choose to use their discretion on really minor offences, and hope a bit of leeway helps build a relationship and perhaps steer them towards the right path.

However, still the element of the law that we are governed by I'm afraid, perhaps a suggestion of a juvenile wing of the prison might be a great alternative but again something we have no control over.

I understand that this is not the kind of feedback you want right now, but I thought that the faction took itself too seriously. I'm not against it that much, I personally am okay with it, and will join PD again, but the time it takes to get onto the streets 'n' do any work is kinda massive. 

1 minute ago, Armaros said:

I understand that this is not the kind of feedback you want right now, but I thought that the faction took itself too seriously. I'm not against it that much, I personally am okay with it, and will join PD again, but the time it takes to get onto the streets 'n' do any work is kinda massive. 

For many community members they believe it's not nearly enough. 

Getting into LEO roleplay from an IC and OOC perspective there's a lot to learn and to ensure quality roleplayers it's necessary. People getting into this type of RP should expect to have to be there for the long run.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
8 minutes ago, FullyCanadian said:

For many community members they believe it's not nearly enough. 

Getting into LEO roleplay from an IC and OOC perspective there's a lot to learn and to ensure quality roleplayers it's necessary. People getting into this type of RP should expect to have to be there for the long run.

It's still just a game at the end of the day. 

40 minutes ago, Armaros said:

It's still just a game at the end of the day. 

So, as a faction, I don't believe this is a fair argument. Sure, it's a game, but if we take the "it's only a game don't take it seriously" approach, the quality of people in the faction will drop, and the negativity surrounding law enforcement will increase. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic
  • mj2002 unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic