The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

Here's a question for the Po-Po:

Does the LSPD on the server keep long term records of crimes reported, arrests made, and investigations?  If so, are the records kept ICly or OOCly?  I think it would be very interesting to keep track of crime-related trends on the server.

On 3/1/2020 at 3:51 PM, jcat said:

Does the LSPD on the server keep long term records of crimes reported, arrests made, and investigations?  If so, are the records kept ICly or OOCly?  I think it would be very interesting to keep track of crime-related trends on the server.

We don't delete old records and it's all recorded ICly. Each bureau holds onto its old records.

• Upvote 1
On 3/1/2020 at 9:51 PM, jcat said:

Yep! Like bjork said, investigations and whatnot are archived on the forums. All arrests ever can be found on our mobile data computer.

Everything is written down somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

More press releases and communication from PD please! 

Officer involved shooting? Press released, high speed chase? Press release, drug raid? Press release.

Maybe introduce a weekly press briefing with someone from the department, this way news organizations can put forward IC questions on a regular basis. Possibly even consider running it like a court trial (Through the forums over the course of a day or two) to conserve time and resources?

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
28 minutes ago, Henning said:

More press releases and communication from PD please! 

Officer involved shooting? Press released, high speed chase? Press release, drug raid? Press release.

Maybe introduce a weekly press briefing with someone from the department, this way news organizations can put forward IC questions on a regular basis. Possibly even consider running it like a court trial (Through the forums over the course of a day or two) to conserve time and resources?

This and maybe allow police scanners for Media factions to tune in to (Scripted ingame, listening in to PD/SD Teamspeak, or /r?) so they can get quick updates on police sits for interesting news topics
That or have some PR team liaise with media if there isn't already.

Edited by Raindance
  • Applaud 1
6 hours ago, Tennplugg said:

Care to elaborate? 

I meant to reference the aforementioned communication post. People profusely comment about the agency OOC. Having a more dedicated and interactive IC media front would open another avenue of “dealing with it IC”. Hence the phrase less OOC more IC. 

47 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

I meant to reference the aforementioned communication post. People profusely comment about the agency OOC. Having a more dedicated and interactive IC media front would open another avenue of “dealing with it IC”. Hence the phrase less OOC more IC. 

Oh alright, yeah I would agree with more press releases and stuff 

As a cop, more media interaction is something I'd love to see. A weekly press conference at our brand new HQ would be so awesome. Also, big busts/arrests should also be released to the media once concluded. We've had a few go out but definitely would love to get them out more often.

• Applaud 1

This thread could've easily been an IC event for more interaction with PD. Like a community day where you meet with civilians and hear them out.  
My feedback? Continue what you're doing, enforce the law on daily basis, or in another commonly used term...be "robocops". 
What I want to see is PD be more HUMAN like, starting from the Chief of PD logging IG.

• Wuhtah locked this topic
  • mj2002 unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic