The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

22 hours ago, Netsrac said:

Thanks for the quick answer, and for wanting to bring it further. 

I know that a lot of the factions, that roleplay street gangs. Such as the hispanic, afro America  gangs and most of the Vanguard sub factions such as Pen1 want their members to start out young and slowly grow up over time. 

And I really thing some community policing and such would do wonders for every bodies RP experience. 

While I was still RPing a minor, I would make it very clear. That my character was underage. 

You throw some great points across and our MRCAD Team run by @Cascade has spoken strongly about this many times and has been pushing a lot of her members within her Division to do what you're asking.

Edited by Christofo
  • Upvote 2
On 8/8/2019 at 9:11 PM, Netsrac said:

Thanks for the quick answer, and for wanting to bring it further. 

I know that a lot of the factions, that roleplay street gangs. Such as the hispanic, afro America  gangs and most of the Vanguard sub factions such as Pen1 want their members to start out young and slowly grow up over time. 

And I really thing some community policing and such would do wonders for every bodies RP experience. 

While I was still RPing a minor, I would make it very clear. That my character was underage. 

You know you can come chat to me about any ideas you have with us interacting with you guys more Jerry. Just grab me!

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Cascade said:

You know you can come chat to me about any ideas you have with us interacting with you guys more Jerry. Just grab me!

Nat I didnt even know you where heading up that unit ?
But I'll poke you about such things from now on>:P

• Upvote 1
On 8/8/2019 at 5:28 PM, Nervous said:

Just dropping by some discussion thoughts:

Our next major update will be the forensic update, with detective additions, forensic for all players (fingerprints, bullet striation marks etc..), and a corpse system with a morgue. It's going to bring lot of great illegal & legal roleplay. Everything is almost finished, we just need to tie all parts together when i'm back, make some tests and release ? 

I just drooled a little on myself. Worth.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2
8 minutes ago, shotgun_sam said:

have different patrol areas and keep cops in that area

(one set of cops to patrol in rancho, one in little Seoul etc) so cops just aren't in one area

As much as that is a good idea to keep presence within the facility of specific areas to build relations and to protect people, it's a very difficult request to make happen due to timezones, number of patrol units on, 911s, situations occurring throughout San Andreas. However many Divisions and Platoons do that specific task in watching/protecting certain areas of the City when needed. We do have the mindset to make Officers patrol anywhere they want but at this moment in time I don't believe it's possible for that specific request, I will bring it up in our Command meeting never the less. Thank you. 

Edited by Christofo

Just to chime in on the set patrols in certain areas. I think this would help in the cops building relation ships with the people in their patrol areas. 

Which again, might help the cops into seeing kids and other people. Not just as criminals, but as people and minors when dealing with them

Quick input. In my last month of playing, I have sped with my car on multiple occasions for multiple reasons. (Have to get to a dramatic situation fast, etc. etc.) and I have, in these situations, driven right by cops, and gotten the shit scared out of me, however, not a single time out of the perhaps 20 times cops have seen me speeding, have I been stopped. I do not drive a sports car that can outrun cops. I drive a hard to control Nebula or a Sandking. I do have to say, please stop people more often. Adds more reason to be afraid of committing crimes in traffic.

Straight to the point, I wanted to join LSPD for the RP, to have fun. A very disappointing point I have came across into your recruitment stage was the examination where would you require candidates to go throughout a bunch of real life court case situations and state on how would you implement this in the game or RP around this ? I mean, I wanted to join LSPD but I am working full time and have other pirorities, when I have seen that stage of my exam it was a big no .. didn't even think about going through that and read all that useless content. So from the start I simply wanted to walk away. How can you guys improve over this and maybe assure that more players are able to take your recruitment stage to an end without giving up mid process because of real life priorites ? 

Had no other issue apart from that, most of the questions were good and to determinate what kind of RPer you are and to gain a sight  your previous background (maybe).

After all, this is a game and everyone should join for fun, but I think  at the moment, it wouldn't worth my effort  as I would end up playing a maximum of 2h a day. 

On 8/18/2019 at 4:51 PM, Netsrac said:

Just to chime in on the set patrols in certain areas. I think this would help in the cops building relation ships with the people in their patrol areas. 

Which again, might help the cops into seeing kids and other people. Not just as criminals, but as people and minors when dealing with them

I appreciate your input with this, I will for sure bring this up in our end of the month Command meeting and speak with Operation Bureau team about this specific subject. Thank you.

On 8/18/2019 at 5:03 PM, cracked said:

Quick input. In my last month of playing, I have sped with my car on multiple occasions for multiple reasons. (Have to get to a dramatic situation fast, etc. etc.) and I have, in these situations, driven right by cops, and gotten the shit scared out of me, however, not a single time out of the perhaps 20 times cops have seen me speeding, have I been stopped. I do not drive a sports car that can outrun cops. I drive a hard to control Nebula or a Sandking. I do have to say, please stop people more often. Adds more reason to be afraid of committing crimes in traffic.

I see what you're getting at and I have concerns in this as well. I cannot justify why and who is doing this, it basically can come down to two things, an IC issue which we cannot do much about unless it's brought to our attention or an OOC issue in which Officers are refusing to do specific tasks (This is also IC). I will bring this up in the Command meeting to see our options and also discuss on how we can fix this issue, thank you for bringing this up. Regarding reports on specific Officers on directing it to the Department, can you please PM @Big_Smokes and he will direct it to the appropriate people or handle it himself, thank you once again. 

• Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked this topic
  • mj2002 unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic