Medical Examiner, Coroner & Funeral Home Jobs

rp_anon

***IF YOU READ THIS AND DON'T UPVOTE OR COMMENT YOU'RE DOING YOURSELF A DISSERVICE. LET US HEAR YOUR OPINION!***

Short description:

A bundled suggestion including the possibility of after death RP for those who want it. Grieving RP for those who lost a loved one. Medical RP for Government/Hospital/Funerary Roleplayers. A way to inter bodies. The Romero and Lurcher Hearses. 

Detailed description:

This is an extension of my desire to be able to use the Romero and Lurcher but with utility and service to the RP of this server always as a priority. We don't want people dying left and right in GTAW but there are bodies. People die. Those people could have someone along the chain of RP to deal with them...active or not...all the way along down to them being interred in the Cemetery, which we do have! A person can be treated at scene, taken to the hospital, die, be examined (or be examined in the case of a murder with unknown COD) and have a Funeral. Most of this is possible already except for the after part in the case of just the job alone. 

The Romero and Lurcher are the main pieces of content here and can serve the purpose of loading and unloading caskets. It's very specific but it's something that I know -I- personally want to do and this forum suggestion is the only viable option I know of. I would like to see both Coroners and ME's have something to do as well and someone in kind in their circle of influence that isn't in the same job <-- The Funeral Home!

Also imagine selling Life Insurance! Or trying to scam for it! Now the PD and some Detectives have some new work to figure out! 

Commands to add:

/loadcasket, /unloadcasket, /interbody, etc Maybe even some stuff for a victim but maybe we allow people to roleplay that themselves? I don't know necessarily.

Items to add:

The Romero and Lurcher Hearses

How would your suggestion improve the server?

By providing a new job, new emphasis on a part of life and the chain between illness/violence, life and death. A lot of professionals touch this subject. It touches EVERY character on the server one way or another. Also two new vehicles which really ought to be in already.

Additional information:

None at this time

Edited by rp_anon
  • Upvote 5
Just now, HaveADream said:

We've actually had a coroner in the past, and with the introduction of forensics, I don't see why this also shouldn't be reintroduced. I'd like to see whoever at the helm be active and interested in this roleplay, though.

We all want the cream of the crop to take the reins where they're needed. I think people tend to be attracted to jobs that need more effort naturally and they filter through the cracks anyhow. I imagine all these jobs beside the Funeral Home Director/Mortuary Makeup Artist kind of people would need to go through GOV applications anyway. And you could make the Funerary folks have licenses too if you really wanted to.

I want this to be for everyone but I also want it for me. I'm ready to do stuff that's rare or undone and I like to be committed to those concepts! So give it a chance if you please!

Just now, rp_anon said:

We all want the cream of the crop to take the reins where they're needed. I think people tend to be attracted to jobs that need more effort naturally and they filter through the cracks anyhow. I imagine all these jobs beside the Funeral Home Director/Mortuary Makeup Artist kind of people would need to go through GOV applications anyway. And you could make the Funerary folks have licenses too if you really wanted to.

I want this to be for everyone but I also want it for me. I'm ready to do stuff that's rare or undone and I like to be committed to those concepts! So give it a chance if you please!

Oh, I totally support this. Good idea.

To start adding scripts to the roleplay of dead players, it would mean developers would have to create other scripts which require the character to enter a default date of birth, sex, race, height, weight and most importantly, just like serial numbers, a unique fingerprint ID upon character creation. At the moment, these values aren't set to a player even if they add it in /examine, which the majority don't.

It would greatly prevent having to metagame to get information about observations you would have in-character but can't obtain without out-of-character assistance. For example, a medical examiner would be able to see the depth of a gunshot wound during an autopsy but they wouldn't be able to obtain that information in-character unless they track down the character killed player and ask them outside of in-character means. Which, generally is a very lengthy and dodgy process even if an admin is used as the middle man to get that information.

I ran the Los Santos County Department of Coroner throughout the end of last year to early months of this year, but you can only get so far without all the tools required to continue roleplay at a reasonable standard. I'll drop some commands that I think would be useful for this roleplay sector.

/corpse [first] [last] - pastes the dead character's time of death, a possible cause of death (if unique, can be set by admin/player when CK'ing)

Would paste "Corpse ((Bryan Arm))" for record-keeping sake, in case the body is never identified by in-character means.

/ecorpse [first] [last] - pastes the dead character's last updated /examine if set (or the values mentioned above upon character creation - age, race, etc).

Would paste the character's attributes, separated from the other command in case the body is damaged beyond recognition/examination.

/mcorpse [first] [last] - moves the dead character's NPC on your location,

Would allow players to hide it, move it to a graveyard/cemetery or transport it inside the autopsy suite for roleplay, screenshots or use of other mentioned scripts.

/autopsy [first] [last] - pastes the dead character's alcohol and drug contents along with the injuries (if unique, can be set by admin/player when CK'ing)

Would work with the alcohol and drugs that are consumed from inventory, as well as the injury system for gunshots.

/bury [first] [last] - removes the dead character's NPC from the ground, essentially deleting the object.

Would allow funeral homes, coroner and medical examiner personnel to bury the body once the information from previous scripts is no longer needed.

Again, I know not every command is worth implementing due to the complications of how things work on this server but these are just suggestions which would not only help out coroner roleplayers but FD and PD members.

Edited by Law
1 hour ago, Law said:

To start adding scripts to the roleplay of dead players, it would mean developers would have to create other scripts which require the character to enter a default date of birth, sex, race, height, weight and most importantly, just like serial numbers, a unique fingerprint ID upon character creation. At the moment, these values aren't set to a player even if they add it in /examine, which the majority don't.

It would greatly prevent having to metagame to get information about observations you would have in-character but can't obtain without out-of-character assistance. For example, a medical examiner would be able to see the depth of a gunshot wound during an autopsy but they wouldn't be able to obtain that information in-character unless they track down the character killed player and ask them outside of in-character means. Which, generally is a very lengthy and dodgy process even if an admin is used as the middle man to get that information.

I ran the Los Santos County Department of Coroner throughout the end of last year to early months of this year, but you can only get so far without all the tools required to continue roleplay at a reasonable standard. I'll drop some commands that I think would be useful for this roleplay sector.

/corpse [first] [last] - pastes the dead character's time of death, a possible cause of death (if unique, can be set by admin/player when CK'ing)

Would paste "Corpse ((Bryan Arm))" for record-keeping sake, in case the body is never identified by in-character means.

/ecorpse [first] [last] - pastes the dead character's last updated /examine if set (or the values mentioned above upon character creation - age, race, etc).

Would paste the character's attributes, separated from the other command in case the body is damaged beyond recognition/examination.

Would allow players to hide it, move it to a graveyard/cemetery or transport it inside the autopsy suite for roleplay, screenshots or use of other mentioned scripts.

/autopsy [first] [last] - pastes the dead character's alcohol and drug contents along with the injuries (if unique, can be set by admin/player when CK'ing)

Would work with the alcohol and drugs that are consumed from inventory, as well as the injury system for gunshots.

/bury [first] [last] - removes the dead character's NPC from the ground, essentially deleting the object.

Would allow funeral homes, coroner and medical examiner personnel to bury the body once the information from previous scripts is no longer needed.

Again, I know not every command is worth implementing due to the complications of how things work on this server but these are just suggestions which would not only help out coroner roleplayers but FD and PD members.

This would be awesome, as it currently stands the Coroners department is NPCd and the victim just /acceptdeath once we've NPCd them. Having an actual entity on the server would be awesome though an extremely long process to set up.

2 hours ago, Law said:

All of the above is excellent feedback. Of course there are plenty of ways to attack the problem. If there is indeed some Forensics coming and tools like that it's going to probably end up being some kind of stored thing that's easy to get at to inform the RP of the examiner and others in the know. It can pretty abstract beyond all that as well.

I think the important parts of what you've suggested are that an admin can set it all to be that bit extra helpful or accurate. Plus you want to consider that we may have the rare time when someone -wasn't- murdered but died. I'm just saying to get it into the pipeline.

....and also get the damn hearses in there so the Funeral procession is lit......