Would you prefer Fantasy or Original cars.

vray

Would you prefer Fantasy or IRL cars  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Would you prefer cars that are completely made up

or

Cars that exists in the real world.

Personally i think we should have Original cars like BMW,Mercedes,Audi,VW, Alfa Romeo, Nissan because it adds to the immersion + the salary of a Mercedes designer is probably a couple times that off some poor rockstar modeler.

Edited by vray

GTA V lore is plentiful. There's no reason why we'd need to use IRL cars instead of lore friendly ones. I fail to see how any IRL car mod can give anyone immersion aside from sticking out like a sore thumb. IRL car mods are also usually full HD and can cause lag on certain systems especially low/mid end, multiply that by the amount of cars we'd have of IRL cars and you'd have loads of people getting 30-40 FPS, if that.

Salary of a Mercedes designer has nothing to do with R* modelers. That's just stupid.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1

If you're simply talking about naming the brands of the cars to reflect the IRL brands, I genuinely doubt for a fact that it adds to the immersion, it basically ruins the immersion. Gonna stick to the lore friendly ones as the above comment mentioned.

Edited by B!shop
12 minutes ago, JustAnM43 said:

GTA V lore is plentiful. There's no reason why we'd need to use IRL cars instead of lore friendly ones. I fail to see how any IRL car mod can give anyone immersion aside from sticking out like a sore thumb. IRL car mods are also usually full HD and can cause lag on certain systems especially low/mid end, multiply that by the amount of cars we'd have of IRL cars and you'd have loads of people getting 30-40 FPS, if that.

Salary of a Mercedes designer has nothing to do with R* modelers. That's just stupid.

You dont see how driving a actual car that exist in the real world dont give immersion? This is not Arma 3 where modded cars have lighting issues. Most IRL cars look fine in the GTA 5 engine, its true that poorly modded cars can have Level Of Detail issues, but most cars come from Forza motorosport so that poly count isnt even that different.

There is a big lack of hatchbacks and middleclass 4 door sedans, i think a good looking IRL car compensates for the fact that you cant mod it.

3 minutes ago, B!shop said:

I genuinely doubt for a fact that it adds to the immersion, it basically ruins the immersion. Gonna stick to the lore friendly ones as the above comment mentioned. 

The lore friendly cars suck, Its like marrying a 5/10 wife because you met in high school. It will always be a big compromise, The lore gets its inspiration from the IRL car.

Edited by vray
1 minute ago, vray said:

You dont see how driving a actual car that exist in the real world dont give immersion? This is not Arma 3 where modded cars have lighting issues. Most IRL cars look fine in the GTA 5 engine, its true that poorly modded cars can have Level Of Detail issues, but most cars come from Forza motorosport so that poly count isnt even that different.

There is a big lack of hatchbacks and middleclass 4 door sedans, i think a good looking IRL car compensates for the fact that you cant mod it.

No, since on GTA:W, 90% of things we use are from lore. Lore cars, lore stores, the majority of the server uses lore. How exactly would you add IRL cars in? Let's say you want a Dodge Charger SRT8, but GTA V also has one but it's called a Bravado Buffalo S. See where the issue comes up? They'd be almost identical, except one's lore and one's an IRL car mod. IRL car mods have no reason to be on this server, plus I think Nervous said that the only cars that GTA:W will be getting that are modded are lore friendly ones, so there's that. 

5 minutes ago, JustAnM43 said:

No, since on GTA:W, 90% of things we use are from lore. Lore cars, lore stores, the majority of the server uses lore. How exactly would you add IRL cars in? Let's say you want a Dodge Charger SRT8, but GTA V also has one but it's called a Bravado Buffalo S. See where the issue comes up? They'd be almost identical, except one's lore and one's an IRL car mod. IRL car mods have no reason to be on this server, plus I think Nervous said that the only cars that GTA:W will be getting that are modded are lore friendly ones, so there's that. 

Why would you add a IRL car in that already exists lore wise? I am talking about adding more cars that dont exist or are underrepresented.

So you rather have 3rd hand lore then the original.... The lore is based of the real world. The lore argument makes 0 sense because of that.

If you can add the original things the lore is based on.

This is not Lord of the Rings ?

Edited by vray
1 minute ago, vray said:

Why would you add a IRL car in that already exists lore wise? I am talking about adding more cars that dont exist or are underrepresented.

So you rather have 3rd hand lore then the original.... The lore is based of the real world. The lore argument makes 0 sense because of that.

If you can add the original things the lore is based on.

To sum it up, real life car mods won't be added to GTA:W. Pretty sure Nervous touched up on that, but you can also tell it won't be happening since he's been adding lore friendly cars in lately.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, JustAnM43 said:

To sum it up, real life car mods won't be added to GTA:W. Pretty sure Nervous touched up on that, but you can also tell it won't be happening since he's been adding lore friendly cars in lately.

This thread is asking for peoples opinion, I think people should be able to vote what they want.

1 minute ago, vray said:

This thread is asking for peoples opinion, I think people should be able to vote what they want.

I mean. This has been a discussion for ages, before you even made the post and I'm pretty sure the answer was no, so do with that as you will.