Odometer/Vehicle Wear N Tear

DolphFL

Short description: A simple odometer, or get the odometer when you first person to actually read properly, plus wear n tear making things like an oil change and vehicle upkeep

Detailed description: Ok so as of right now you can drive your car literally endlessly. I am suggesting that a odometer be added cause it will add to the rp of vehicles on the level of used which it really is, also every so many miles a oil change would be advisable to keep the car in tip top performance, this will add to rp for mechanics and add to the rp of vehicle sales. Also maybe if doable wear and tear on tires too, so if tires get worn out the handling of the vehicle would depreciate. Different kind of tires could be added such as cheap tires, standard tires, performance tires, and so on. 

Commands to add:  oil change would be done thru vehicle mod menu so would tire upkeep. odometer could be in the first person view on the dashboard and saved In /vstats 

Items to add: n/a

How would your suggestion improve the server? adds to mechanic rp and vehicle sale rp, and keeps a realistic note on vehicles, keeping people from dogging their cars if they ever intend to resell.

Additional information: If they fail to change the oil and keep running it eventually major issues would arise with the vehicle, even moreso adding to the mechanic rp

1 hour ago, Smonk said:

Me likes this. I want more things that give me reasons to work on my char's cars after extended usage if I'm being a fool in them, as well as reasons to take them to mechanics if my character can't. This'll provide a lot more immersion to things.

Also will make second hand car dealing easier where people won't try to sell their old ass abused car for brand new price.

Once again, has been suggested millions of times, by me, by other members, has also been ignored millions of times. Suggesting odometer or vehicle systems is like asking a dead dog to do tricks. Ofcourse I support it and want it to happen, but at this point I don't think it will.

1 minute ago, Lance said:

Once again, has been suggested millions of times, by me, by other members, has also been ignored millions of times. Suggesting odometer or vehicle systems is like asking a dead dog to do tricks. Ofcourse I support it and want it to happen, but at this point I don't think it will.

I'd honestly somewhat understand the reasoning, since RageMP has not the best sync and having your car destroyed due to that would bullshit and honestly a pain to even contact the admins to revert back.

1 minute ago, Vash Baldeus said:

I'd honestly somewhat understand the reasoning, since RageMP has not the best sync and having your car destroyed due to that would bullshit and honestly a pain to even contact the admins to revert back.

Odometer would be a good start, at least it would show that the car has been used if there's a good amount of miles on it. At this point I'd literally just take odometer and be happy.

• Upvote 1

I apologise for, once again, being the naysayer on an odometer thread, but I really really don't want this so I feel like I have to speak up. Even though I'm just going to repeat myself.

When has deteriorating items ever been a welcome feature in any game ever? I know this isn't a game, more of an RP platform but it's still an in-game item that breaks over time, and we need to maintain. And that's the issue I have with this feature.

If we need to do this every week, then it's just a chore. If it's once a month, then it's just another cash sink with minimal RP for both the driver and mechanic. If we only need to do it every six months to a year, then is there really any point?

Hard no.

4 hours ago, Pan Grama said:

I apologise for, once again, being the naysayer on an odometer thread, but I really really don't want this so I feel like I have to speak up. Even though I'm just going to repeat myself.

When has deteriorating items ever been a welcome feature in any game ever? I know this isn't a game, more of an RP platform but it's still an in-game item that breaks over time, and we need to maintain. And that's the issue I have with this feature.

If we need to do this every week, then it's just a chore. If it's once a month, then it's just another cash sink with minimal RP for both the driver and mechanic. If we only need to do it every six months to a year, then is there really any point?

Hard no.

There's a difference between an item breaking so often you go through them at ridiculous rates and something that creates utility and purpose for other people. I'd say this is a feature for the mechanics to further their role. Anything that creates interdependence is welcome.