GTA 5 won't start.

Kimberly

2 hours ago, Kimberly said:

So I open rage as an admin, hit GTAW, and it acts like it's gonna launch but disappoints me with the retry or cancel message for GTA5, happens for single player and Rage. 

I get this from time to time. If retry doesn't fix it, open up task manager and close everything GTA V related, everything RageMP related and finally EVERYTHING steam related then try again.

If your single-player isn't opening up as well, I recommend you to try and verify the integrity of your game files, there may be a possibility that a game component of yours being corrupted.

If you're using the steam version (I'm not really sure about the other version though), visit your game library and right-click on Grand Theft Auto V and select Properties. Select the Local Files tab and select the option 'Verify Integrity of Game Files'.

6 hours ago, B!shop said:

If your single-player isn't opening up as well, I recommend you to try and verify the integrity of your game files, there may be a possibility that a game component of yours being corrupted.

If you're using the steam version (I'm not really sure about the other version though), visit your game library and right-click on Grand Theft Auto V and select Properties. Select the Local Files tab and select the option 'Verify Integrity of Game Files'.

I've verified the integrity twice and still no solution. I'm close to reinstalling the entire game

2 minutes ago, Kimberly said:

My "only option" failed miserably

Hmm, give me your discord, I will try to help you there through more advanced ways. A friend of mine from States used to have exactly same issue was a cluster fuck to find a fix but eventually we somehow fixed it.