GTA 5 won't start.

Kimberly

10 minutes ago, Kimberly said:

Still need help. 

Someone said it above but this way is a little different.

• Open Steam and clear your game/browser cache.
  • Disable your anti-virus or add all RAGE related programs as exceptions.
  • Uninstall RAGE and go to where it was downloaded and make sure ALL folders are deleted.
  • Open Command Prompt as admin
    • Type in "chkdsk c:" or replace C with whatever drive your GTA5 is installed on, repeat this if RAGE is installed on another drive.
    • There will be a verification, just follow what it prompts you to do.
    • What this does: This cleans up your drive, tidies it and all together makes things run faster. Think of it as an internal house keeping.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Reinstall RAGE
  • Close all versions of RAGE and Steam within task manager.
  • Open RAGE as admin.
  • Input the server IP, don't try find it in the list. "164.132.206.209:22005"

This narrows it down further. If this doesn't work for RAGE, try opening Single-player and let me know what happens from there.

• Upvote 1
44 minutes ago, jessica said:

Someone said it above but this way is a little different.

• Open Steam and clear your game/browser cache.
  • Disable your anti-virus or add all RAGE related programs as exceptions.
  • Uninstall RAGE and go to where it was downloaded and make sure ALL folders are deleted.
  • Open Command Prompt as admin
    • Type in "chkdsk c:" or replace C with whatever drive your GTA5 is installed on, repeat this if RAGE is installed on another drive.
    • There will be a verification, just follow what it prompts you to do.
    • What this does: This cleans up your drive, tidies it and all together makes things run faster. Think of it as an internal house keeping.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Reinstall RAGE
  • Close all versions of RAGE and Steam within task manager.
  • Open RAGE as admin.
  • Input the server IP, don't try find it in the list. "164.132.206.209:22005"

This narrows it down further. If this doesn't work for RAGE, try opening Single-player and let me know what happens from there.

The issue is with the game itself, not necessarily RAGE. Whenever I open the game it takes me right back to the failed to launch screen.

1 minute ago, Kimberly said:

The issue is with the game itself, not necessarily RAGE. Whenever I open the game it takes me right back to the failed to launch screen.

Lovely alright, lets try something else.

• Locate your Steam folder and then locate GTA5.exe.
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V
  • Right click GTA5.exe and then click "Properties".
  • Click the "Compatability" tab.
  • Tick the box for "Run this program as an administrator".
  • Close everything again and try open GTA5.
46 minutes ago, jessica said:

Lovely alright, lets try something else.

• Locate your Steam folder and then locate GTA5.exe.
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V
  • Right click GTA5.exe and then click "Properties".
  • Click the "Compatability" tab.
  • Tick the box for "Run this program as an administrator".
  • Close everything again and try open GTA5.

It's been running as administrator since forever. Still can't start the game. It's been reinstalled, verified, no mods. 

39 minutes ago, Kimberly said:

It's been running as administrator since forever. Still can't start the game. It's been reinstalled, verified, no mods. 

I've been having the same issue you described. Please let me know when you found a solution!

Edited by Humour
  • Upvote 1

Have you recently installed any new programs or changed up any graphical settings on your machine? Do you have the latest graphic drivers? do you have the game installed on a HDD or SSD? What are your specs? Do you have a single player save file? Have you tried a clean install of ragemp also?

Must add that this sometimes happens to me too, but not all the time. 9/10 the game starts up normally.

Edited by Raindance
1 hour ago, Raindance said:

Have you recently installed any new programs or changed up any graphical settings on your machine? Do you have the latest graphic drivers? do you have the game installed on a HDD or SSD? What are your specs? Do you have a single player save file? Have you tried a clean install of ragemp also?

Must add that this sometimes happens to me too, but not all the time. 9/10 the game starts up normally.

No, I'm in the process of yet another complete reinstall though, (I've deleted the actual folder too this time)