Illegal Roleplay

Roulette

Good to see like minded individuals on here. That being said, I have something in the works right now which should bring up the quality of illegal RP on here. There are a few on this thread that I'd like to work anyway. Let me know if anyone's interested in PMs.

7 minutes ago, Roulette said:

Good to see like minded individuals on here. That being said, I have something in the works right now which should bring up the quality of illegal RP on here. There are a few on this thread that I'd like to work anyway. Let me know if anyone's interested in PMs.

Shoot me a pm when you have time or discord message ʎɹƆ#2316 . I'd love to hear ideas.

Here are the three main problems I see facing Illegal RP and how to fix them:

• Drugs: Not nearly enough customers to turn a profit, Yes there are a few who RP addicts but not nearly enough to build a criminal empire off of. Increasing the availability of drugs or boosting the effects (Both positive and negative) of drugs would increase drug trafficking.
  • Guns: The weapon economy needs a total rebuild. Majority of weapons are being supplied by weapons permits holders. Yeah it may seem like there are a lot of guns on the street but everyone's battling it out with the same few weapons. Give us access to bigger weapons in bigger quantities, Not only will this increase Gang war RP but it'll really open up the Arms dealing and smuggling.
  • Enforcement: In recent days I've seen more of a presence from police. Its good, But police need to get more involved with stopping illegal RP. Gang injunctions, RICO, Actively searching for drug operations and busting them. Police may already be doing this, IDK. But I do know they don't seem like much of a threat. An increased ability and/or level of enforcement work make Illegal RP more exciting.

On 8/5/2019 at 8:45 PM, Mantle said:

I agree with you but I think the current faction system holds it back. In my opinion, you shouldn't need to apply to post a faction thread. I've never seen that on another server and I'm not exactly sure the reasoning behind it on here but for me and everyone in our Discord, we WANT to show our roleplay as a gang/group/faction on the forums to other people but we literally can't until an application is accepted (which is currently closed?) which in turn really demotivates some of the members.

I would love to see it moved towards everyone can post a thread (as the good ones will be the ones who garner support regardless). Those with good content over a period of time would THEN need to apply to become official. That's the only time an application would be necessary. Besides, from my own experience and another person I know, the current applications take 4+ weeks to get processed. Really just not an efficient way of doing things in my opinion, at least if the goal is to promote gang and/or faction activity.  

Maybe a more experienced member, an admin or someone from faction management can chime in and give their two cents as to why the current method is used.

This. Having a thread or not, people are free to roleplay as they please as far as rules are not broken and realism is kept in line, so why not just let people have one instead. At the very least a sort of a trial thread in a different section till FM gives a full green light.

33 minutes ago, Henning said:

Here are the three main problems I see facing Illegal RP and how to fix them:

• Drugs: Not nearly enough customers to turn a profit, Yes there are a few who RP addicts but not nearly enough to build a criminal empire off of. Increasing the availability of drugs or boosting the effects (Both positive and negative) of drugs would increase drug trafficking.
  • Guns: The weapon economy needs a total rebuild. Majority of weapons are being supplied by weapons permits holders. Yeah it may seem like there are a lot of guns on the street but everyone's battling it out with the same few weapons. Give us access to bigger weapons in bigger quantities, Not only will this increase Gang war RP but it'll really open up the Arms dealing and smuggling.
  • Enforcement: In recent days I've seen more of a presence from police. Its good, But police need to get more involved with stopping illegal RP. Gang injunctions, RICO, Actively searching for drug operations and busting them. Police may already be doing this, IDK. But I do know they don't seem like much of a threat. An increased ability and/or level of enforcement work make Illegal RP more exciting.

I couldn't disagree more. Legal weapons owners are allowed 2 gun purchase per month. That's per 30 days. No way the majority of dealing is done through them. Legal gun owners don't have access to nearly as many types of weapons as illegal owners do, despite them being legal either. See: Pistol .50, Heavy pistol, etc. 

Drugs, sure. I'll give you that, but what can be done about it?

Enforcement: I also agree. Its mainly the guns part I disagree with heavily.

The supplier program is so fucked right now.

If a supplier within a faction is unable to continue consistently supplying the resource, the entire market is effected. Its unrealistic that only one person would have contact with the source, the leaders of these organizations wouldn't be stupid enough to entrust their livelihood on one singular person. And this source is not the only source of weapons/drugs in the area.

Overall, the Illegal side of RP feels so neglected. There needs to be more suppliers, stricter RULES on suppliers (in terms of dodging the price restrictions, only coming online to roleplay OOCly organized deals, etc)

We need more FM admins to help handle all these issues.

There's a bunch of shit that needs to change, and the focus should be on the illegal side of RP, even if it is the minority.

• Upvote 1

The way I see it is that the FM forgot this is a game, and Gangs and other factions tend to move around the states and not only reside in one area, something call expansion. The current way of Application for a Faction thread is basically skewed where people are denied for the least reasonable thing. Really the server is dying in that aspect of lack of groups/factions... I understand they want to uphold the standard but limiting this much and micro managing things causes scarcity of things just look when any GOVERNMENT begins regulating things, it fails and does not work properly. I barely see the amount of people we used to have a few months back. Some of my friends who were kn faction nearly stopped playing cause their faction was closed down for what ever reason killing their character roleplay in the process.. 

Edited by Vash Baldeus
25 minutes ago, Mazikeen said:

I think the FM won't actually support deep, serious illegal rp. They believe it will be done improperly, so that's why the chances are limited. Gun dealing would be amazing, I totally support this idea, but the FM won't accept it. I would love to see something like a black market, where people can order guns, drugs, and contact contract killers.  I've been working on this idea for a long time, but there is no support and a lot of trigger happy around. 

Let’s see.

Origianlly people moaned “how can FM let people open these factions!!” Pre-application. Now it’s “nobody can open one!” Post application. Can’t win, can’t please everyone, gonna do what I do until we get some decent staff members and roleplayers to uphold standards. Funnily enough, we don’t get many people contacting us outside of “can I be a serial killer” to a) ask us questions or b) understand the process. I won’t feed ignorance and I don’t have the patience for whining. We have supplier applications opening very soon, with a new update we’ve been preparing for it to give people a broader spectrum that does not just focus on the typical drug and gun running as well as new additions. Will we introduce SAMPesque black market ordering? Hahahahaha fuck no. Can you hire contract killers through a system? Not while I’m here, no. 

Ive always said I’m open to ideas and people coming to me but instead people love a good moan on a thread instead of speaking to the one person who can change it - me. So honestly, I won’t take a word of this in.