Illegal Roleplay

Roulette

3 hours ago, stijn said:

I'd like to see more gang activity

I agree with you but I think the current faction system holds it back. In my opinion, you shouldn't need to apply to post a faction thread. I've never seen that on another server and I'm not exactly sure the reasoning behind it on here but for me and everyone in our Discord, we WANT to show our roleplay as a gang/group/faction on the forums to other people but we literally can't until an application is accepted (which is currently closed?) which in turn really demotivates some of the members.

I would love to see it moved towards everyone can post a thread (as the good ones will be the ones who garner support regardless). Those with good content over a period of time would THEN need to apply to become official. That's the only time an application would be necessary. Besides, from my own experience and another person I know, the current applications take 4+ weeks to get processed. Really just not an efficient way of doing things in my opinion, at least if the goal is to promote gang and/or faction activity.  

Maybe a more experienced member, an admin or someone from faction management can chime in and give their two cents as to why the current method is used.

• Upvote 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1
49 minutes ago, Mantle said:

I agree with you but I think the current faction system holds it back. In my opinion, you shouldn't need to apply to post a faction thread. I've never seen that on another server and I'm not exactly sure the reasoning behind it on here but for me and everyone in our Discord, we WANT to show our roleplay as a gang/group/faction on the forums to other people but we literally can't until an application is accepted (which is currently closed?) which in turn really demotivates some of the members.

I would love to see it moved towards everyone can post a thread (as the good ones will be the ones who garner support regardless). Those with good content over a period of time would THEN need to apply to become official. That's the only time an application would be necessary. Besides, from my own experience and another person I know, the current applications take 4+ weeks to get processed. Really just not an efficient way of doing things in my opinion, at least if the goal is to promote gang and/or faction activity.  

Maybe a more experienced member, an admin or someone from faction management can chime in and give their two cents as to why the current method is used.

Preach

I'd like to see much less illegal roleplay in general, to be honest, or at least a consolidation of groups, I feel like I can't go anywhere without running into an illegal faction. Imho it's oversaturated, overfilled, and completely fractured into many groups with essentially the same aims.

2 hours ago, Mantle said:

There's applications because management isn't willing to accept any factions which may base themselves around gangs that otherwise does not exist in South Central or within an LA esque environment in general. Basically, factions are limited to what would only realistically exist in Greater Los Angeles.

To break it down even more, they're structurally reviewing factions to ensure they 'make sense' and take into regard what the servers fictional environment is loosely based on. If the server was based around Chicago for example, they wouldn't accept LA gangs and vice versa. 

So hypothetically, a person creates a faction that doesn't take into account and factor in the above, then they'll be denied. Bonus points lost if the thread isn't visually aesthetically pleasing. 

1 hour ago, Mazikeen said:

You just login, you cycle around for a couple of minutes, nothing going on you /q. This becomes a routine, like something normal.   

Maybe this doesn't apply to everyone, but it certainly does for me and for that it made me giggle. It's difficult to come across any organic role play without having to venture outside of where for example a certain character would frequently inhabit for the sake of creating nonsensical role play.

I would imagine there's also a fair portion of players who enjoy driving around in their fully tuned out super cars speeding around the city and outside, technically treating the server as gta online with role play capabilities and inevitably avoiding any type of role play as a result.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, JayO said:

I'd like to see less illegal and more normal legal RP. Forever getting gun shot wound calls, gets annoying.

I'd like to see better illegal rp and less chest puffy-I'm a bad ass-Imma beat you down for calling me a bad word-fearless leader bs rp. 

(and this comes from a illegal rper...)

Edited by cryybabyycryy
  • Upvote 1