Non-English category

yvng

?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Think a bit please, the main point is to unify other communities. For example, imagine that u are an italian guy who just registered in the server. If we got one sub-forum for Italian he would get in touch with people from the same language / community w/e. Anyway why such questions? Does it hurts you to have sub-forums for nationalities? It just brings positive things

• Applaud 1

This was suggested in the past and I think either Ethanol or Maca Rukka and Ethanol said that it won't be happening. Can't say I disagree with the decision. English speaking community, keep it that way. Having sub-forums for other nationalities is not needed and if they implement a few sub forums for nationalities, you'll get everyone else going "WhY dIDnT mY cOuNTry Get One" and before you know, everyone from LA to Tinbuktu will be asking for a sub forum.

EDIT: Went digging in the archives, found this. 

image.thumb.png.ef9d5b2d847500b02eacb2f69a79557c.png

Edited by JustAnM43
1 hour ago, yvng said:

?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Think a bit please, the main point is to unify other communities. For example, imagine that u are an italian guy who just registered in the server. If we got one sub-forum for Italian he would get in touch with people from the same language / community w/e. Anyway why such questions? Does it hurts you to have sub-forums for nationalities? It just brings positive things

I did think about it, but seeing as all the players are capable of speaking English on an English speaking server, it's not exactly needed. Why divide the community to certain sub-forums when people are fine talking to one another in English?

21 hours ago, yvng said:

bruh.. it's an OOC topic for other communities, every server has that lol

Either way it's more effort than needed. Make a Discord server or something for other languages.

Lot of communities don't do this because if you have one language-based sub-forum, there's gonna be another, and another, and eventually tens more. More sub-forums, more clutter, more moderation. Despite the large amount of admins, nobody's gonna wanna moderate sub-forums that'll eventually die out.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think it is more along the lines of if you do it for one person everyone will have it done.  I have been staff before and usually it is fine to allow other people who speak other languages and such although you may restrict the language on your server to just be a single one, only done the English ones obviously, but I know of servers that if you didn't speak Russian with your character you were immediately booted and if you did it again it was a ban.  Granted different game, but same concept.  Most of the language for the server is the one for everything and although those sub sections would be nice, if someone asks for let's say Italian sub sector, then you have someone else ask for Russian, and then someone ask for Spanish.  You can't ever turn it down because they will just say, "Well you did it for that language you are just playing favorites." Which again as former staff is more of a headache.  

It is a good suggestion, but you also have to think about staff side as well for stuff like this.  It would be more of a headache then it is worth, however if you do want to link up with people who speak the same language of you it doesn't stop you from pming them on here or the discord and chatting that way.  

• Syrike locked this topic