Black screen for a few seconds before crash.

m1m1m1

Hey, recently my game has gone weird. It flashes a black screen for five seconds then crashes with no message, the social club launcher pops up saying that the game failed. No reason, nothing. I haven't made any adjustments since I last played.

2 minutes ago, m1m1m1 said:

Just did this, absolutely no difference.

Did you delete the current Rage files/folders from your computer first? Its a completely fresh install. It sucks because you have to download the server files again, but usually that works when something like this happens.

Edited by Kestalas
1 minute ago, Kestalas said:

Did you delete the current Rage files/folders from your computer first? Its a completely fresh install. It sucks because you have to download the server files again, but usually that works when something like this happens.

Yes lol, I deleted the Rage folder from C://. I can't even get to the point where I can get onto the server. I click on GTA W to connect, RAGEMP closes for a second, I wait abit, black screen then the social club launcher says it couldn't run.

2 minutes ago, m1m1m1 said:

Yes lol, I deleted the Rage folder from C://. I can't even get to the point where I can get onto the server. I click on GTA W to connect, RAGEMP closes for a second, I wait abit, black screen then the social club launcher says it couldn't run.

Odd. Sorry I'm not sure what else to do then. After this last crash just now (like 5 minutes ago), I started having the same issue. All I did was run the Rage setup and it deleted the old program and then I installed it again. They do have a new setup.exe file from the website, I'm not sure how new, but I had an old one from months ago and it's definitely been updated since then. Do you have the new setup file from the Rage site? I downloaded it just now to be sure. That worked for me, I'm downloading the server files now and its running smooth. Other than that, I'm sorry, I'm not sure. 

Edited by Kestalas
1 minute ago, Kestalas said:

Odd. Sorry I'm not sure what else to do then. After this last crash just now (like 5 minutes ago), I started having the same issue. All I did was run the Rage setup and it deleted the old program and then I installed it again. They do have a new setup.exe file from the website, I'm not sure how new, but I had an old one from months ago and it's definitely been updated since then. Do you have the new setup file from the Rage site? I downloaded it just now to be sure. That worked for me, I'm downloading the server files now and its running smooth. Other than that, I'm sorry, I'm not sure. 

I can try to give it another try I guess, what files am I deleting exactly?

Well, this last attempt I tried using just the setup file and it deleted the old Rage files automatically. That's why I said to try a brand new RageMP setup file. When you click on it, it should prompt you to delete the old files and then it will install it new. This is the one I downloaded like 5 minutes ago lol.

https://cdn.rage.mp/public/files/RAGEMultiplayer_Setup.exe

I'm not a support guy, I'm just using what I've tried with this error. I've had the error like 3 times in the last couple weeks, it's highly annoying lol.

Edited by Kestalas
  • Applaud 1