Trucker Job, what do you really think?

JayO

So the trucking job is in full swing and from what I've seen, it's just another courier job with a little bit of RP. 

Now I don't want this thread to turn into bickering and arguing so let's keep this civil and on topic. 

I think the trucking job would benefit from being strictly player run. Weekly pay checks, lowered prices on delivering supplies. As it stands, the economy is waaaaay outta whack and trucking doesn't help matters, neither do mechanics but that's a different kettle of fish all together. 

So what's your opinion on the job? Do you think it needs an overhaul? Less pay? More pay? Etc etc.... let's get some opinions going.

Thanks

Jay

• Developer

My honest opinion, the system itself is perfect.

However the ideal picture for me personally would be that only trucking companies can supply businesses. Maybe with more components per crate and more storage in trucks. So a biz doesnt need 100 deliveries. Then it should be highly roleplayed instead of just commands. Maybe some trucker interaction between truckers like irl.

But since its all new its now available for anyone but as soon as trucking is stable I believe Nervous already mentioned that it is going to be restricted to just trucking companies.

In my opinion trucking is kind of in a right spot when it comes down to supplying businesses, however the system should be expended. Static drop off points should be added where people can deliver to even if there is no businesses available.

Right now there are more money drains in the economy than actual sources meaning money will slowly get sucked out of the economy, won't happen over night but sooner or later it will happen.

If static drop off points doesn't get introduced I would suggest using a limiter for how many crates a person can deliver per day , it's just not right that folks that are having RL jobs and come home to relax are in such a disadvantage over people who can afford spending their whole they on the server grinding this job. It should be possible for everyone to deliver crates whenever they want to, independent if there are 200 or 20 players online on the server. If you have a better idea I'm keen to know it but as of right now I can only see the limiter as a solution to the problems at hand.

Also, something should definitely be done with night clubs selling "imaginary" alcohol to their guests, I have not seen a single alcohol delivery since the shops got filled up, literally no one is using the scripted resource, same goes for Tobacco and Fuel.

• Boat gas stations will not request trucking orders anymore

Doesn't seem to work though, as I just delivered crates to a boat fuel station.

Edited by Trukken

Advanced issues found

55 minutes ago, Trukken said:

Also, something should definitely be done with night clubs selling "imaginary" alcohol to their guests, I have not seen a single alcohol delivery since the shops got filled up, literally no one is using the scripted resource, same goes for Tobacco and Fuel.

This is against the rules, they can't.

I got warned by an administrator when I sold 'beer' at my bar without giving an actual beer item. So it's simply a matter of reporting them.

13 minutes ago, Mahiko said:

I got warned by an administrator when I sold 'beer' at my bar without giving an actual beer item. So it's simply a matter of reporting them.

It's still prominent and everyone should me made aware of this.

1 hour ago, Mahiko said:

100%? There was no proper announcement on this, so bars continue to do it, regardless

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Mahiko said:

1 hour ago, Trukken said:

It's still prominent and everyone should me made aware of this.

1 minute ago, Mitch said:

100%? There was no proper announcement on this, so bars continue to do it, regardless

@Nervous  Discord/Forum announcement on this maybe? You fixed the alcohol script few weeks ago so now would be a good time to end the non scripted alcohol sales.

3 hours ago, JayO said:

I think the trucking job would benefit from being strictly player run

2 hours ago, St3fan[NL] said:

However the ideal picture for me personally would be that only trucking companies can supply businesses.

2 hours ago, Trukken said:

Static drop off points should be added where people can deliver to even if there is no businesses available.

2 hours ago, Trukken said:

I would suggest using a limiter for how many crates a person can deliver per day

Agreeing all of this and would love more implantation of ways to make the job more RP'ish, complex and fun for all. In Blue Water Holdings we try to create this feel of a community around the company and try to make the workers feel like they are part of an actual business not just doing some runs for the money. With expanding we try to hire persons that are not actually needed for us to make that scripted money but rather further our cause for RP environment and inner company economics(Lawyers, PR managers, secretary etc.) For now it seems we can work with the script we got too - comparing to the last half a year when there was no script and we tried to hire people it's completely different story. Will see how it goes in the long run.

But the main question here is that we actually need more such scripted jobs like trucking is - in more field of economy. So people have more diversity with their careers. Yes there are a lot of small time businesses like bars, 24/7's, clubs and other shops(FD/PD aside) plus the fishing script. But we rather need something industrial and commercial. Advanced mining, factory jobs and some office jobs as well. We need to work out on how to implement those systems and how to integrate them into our economic chain.

6 hours ago, Tr1bal said:

Agreeing all of this and would love more implantation of ways to make the job more RP'ish, complex and fun for all. In Blue Water Holdings we try to create this feel of a community around the company and try to make the workers feel like they are part of an actual business not just doing some runs for the money. With expanding we try to hire persons that are not actually needed for us to make that scripted money but rather further our cause for RP environment and inner company economics(Lawyers, PR managers, secretary etc.) For now it seems we can work with the script we got too - comparing to the last half a year when there was no script and we tried to hire people it's completely different story. Will see how it goes in the long run.

But the main question here is that we actually need more such scripted jobs like trucking is - in more field of economy. So people have more diversity with their careers. Yes there are a lot of small time businesses like bars, 24/7's, clubs and other shops(FD/PD aside) plus the fishing script. But we rather need something industrial and commercial. Advanced mining, factory jobs and some office jobs as well. We need to work out on how to implement those systems and how to integrate them into our economic chain.

Totally agree with you, my initial plans were that I will set up an "office" team as well for my company, but i just can not afford it at the moment. I do not want to employ people just for a couple of runs and then have them leave the company just because they get bored of the repetative nature of the script. I would like to create major event that would involve at least 20-30 people roleplaying together, but ultimately people are there for money and I can not just say, hey just do it for the giggles because at least half of those people would not be interested in my plans anymore. If companies could generate sufficient amount of money, it would make more opportunities for its management to organize new structures around it, thus involving more people. 

6 hours ago, Tr1bal said:

@Nervous  Discord/Forum announcement on this maybe? You fixed the alcohol script few weeks ago so now would be a good time to end the non scripted alcohol sales.

Adero warned @Artz who was bartending for me for not handing out beer items, but the standard has always been either you pay 100$ for an item or 2$ like real life for a 'RP' beer.

So yeah, clarification would be cool.

• Upvote 1