Constant game stutter when driving.

Tudor

9 hours ago, Matrix- said:

Based off of looking up your specs, it's a CPU issue. Your CPU may be bottle-necking the game. 

My advice would be to turn off anything else that may be eating your CPU cycles, and turning down some graphics settings may also reduce the stress on the CPU. Mobile CPU's aren't the strongest things, and it could easily be the issue.

I'd advise trying to monitor your CPU usage via an overlay of some sort, and your GPU / RAM usage too. See if anything is maxed out, if it is, that's likely the cause of the issue.

Try closing any background tasks that you don't need, such as your internet browser, and stuff like that. That should hopefully help your issue, if it doesn't fix it. 

It's possible the 8GB of RAM COULD be a limitation, but unless you monitor it, and see it use all 8GB, you can't know for sure. My money is on the CPU being the limiting factor, so you need to try shutting everything non essential down first.

As others have mentioned, try V-Sync, and I'd even recommend maybe trying turning VSync on HALF your monitor refresh rate, to test if you still get these issues. (Game won't appear as smooth on this setting though, but limiting your FPS will help free up CPU cycles and hopefully eliminate a stutter problem, lower FPS is better than no FPS.)

I'll try to do what you told me in this, but there's another factor. I have an older PC (i5-2500K, GT 1030, 12 gb ram, SSD aswell) and the game runs on lower FPS but doesn't stutter (laptop 60 with vsync, PC 40-50).

21 hours ago, Tudor said:

I'll try to do what you told me in this, but there's another factor. I have an older PC (i5-2500K, GT 1030, 12 gb ram, SSD aswell) and the game runs on lower FPS but doesn't stutter (laptop 60 with vsync, PC 40-50).

I just had a look, that CPU is 1. more powerful than the laptop one you have, and two, that other system has more RAM. The GPU is weaker, but that's not the problem in the laptop. It's entirely possible something is holding the game back.

Make sure your drivers are fully updated too, outdated drivers can cause a whole load of issues.

On 7/27/2019 at 9:33 PM, Tudor said:

Hello there! I have a Lenovo Legion Y520 (i5-7300HQ, 8GB RAM, GTX 1050ti + an aftermarket SSD) and my game stutters when I drive fast, I don't know what is the cause of this. It's not some virus because I just reinstalled windows, and it simply makes me mad. I've asked more people with 8gb ram and they say it's not a problem, because that was my first thought. Also, the chat lags sometimes when driving fast, my text and other texts appear only after I stop. Overheating isn't a problem. Does anyone have a fix for this?

If nothing helps, uninstall your drivers fully and grab some older version ones, like 398 and test it with it. Had similar issue that was fixed such way. Later on update to latest.

I have acer nitro 5 with really similar specs, a little more powerful cpu. Had this issue for long time, also thought 8gb ram is the issue but in the end it was hdd, installed gta 5 on ssd and no lag spikes. I guess laptop hdds are weak.