Distributing /ad To All Active News Companies

HaveADream

10 hours ago, M52B28 said:

I don't believe any news companies deserve this.

This. I don't see any news companies around that should get this. With the amount of ads, the money would pile up and I personally don't think any of the news companies should be getting the money from them.

2 minutes ago, JustAnM43 said:

This. I don't see any news companies around that should get this. With the amount of ads, the money would pile up and I personally don't think any of the news companies should be getting the money from them.

Then what do you suggest? My projections show that I'll be unable to pay for staff in a month or two, if I'm lucky, People like to moan about activity but ultimately people are motivated by money on their characters, like I said, it'd be $50 probably split two/three ways, multiplied by however many ads there are in a day. That's not an enormous amount of money but it is enough to keep the lights on, to speak.

Personally I want to be able to invest in community events, host radio shows and have a wide panel of journalists, that's just not possible on current budgeting.

Finally, as Mecovy actually told me would happen, the novelty of image ads on articles has worn out, it won't serve anyone good if news organisations have to resort to taking payments for articles and reviews.

7 minutes ago, HaveADream said:

Then what do you suggest

Find reliable investors that care for your business model. You can find so many ways of paying the investor back, through ad campaigns, radio ads, posters, etc. Have you even tried to reach out to some investors? 

(Before you say investments don't work, my business invested in a huge delivery company which is proving incredibly lucrative for both of us) 

Edited by Mitch
8 minutes ago, HaveADream said:

Then what do you suggest? My projections show that I'll be unable to pay for staff in a month or two, if I'm lucky, People like to moan about activity but ultimately people are motivated by money on their characters, like I said, it'd be $50 probably split two/three ways, multiplied by however many ads there are in a day. That's not an enormous amount of money but it is enough to keep the lights on, to speak.

Personally I want to be able to invest in community events, host radio shows and have a wide panel of journalists, that's just not possible on current budgeting.

Finally, as Mecovy actually told me would happen, the novelty of image ads on articles has worn out, it won't serve anyone good if news organisations have to resort to taking payments for articles and reviews.

Seeing as you mentioned $50 per ad, and there's hundreds of ads daily, if not more, that definitely is a big sum of money and it most definitely piles up.

You also say you want to "invest in community events, host radio shows and have a wide panel of journalists." That's completely IC. Work on getting investors for your news company. If you're unable to pay staff in a month or two, that's also an IC issue. Manage finances better, lower wages, let someone from the team go. It happens a lot and all over news companies.

The server shouldn't provide you with budgeting, that's your job as the manager of the news company. Work on getting investors, lower wages, let some people from the staff go. Manage money better and you'll see results.

Edited by JustAnM43

Yes please. There's so much potential RP yet it's not added, so all we have on gtaw is clubs and bars. 

News Agencies should take on ads, they choose stuff that's published, so admins don't have to kick people for non RP ad. Same with jewelry stores, wr have jewelry but for some dumb reason it's in clothing stores, here we already have two extra businesses to take on and RP. 

Limits can always be set, not sure why people are crying about "nobody deserves it", half of the business owners don't deserve a business yet they have it. Set a limited amount of ads for every unofficial News Agency and unlimited for Weazel perhaps since they're an official faction, at the end of the day it will be another decent business to own in addition to a trucking company, bar or a nightclub. In my eyes they do deserve it, writing articles every week which give a lot material to RP with, maybe something happened that you are not aware of since you were not logged in, you read the news and find out that Idk X building was set on fire and X person is hospitalized or whatever. 

Edited by Lance
  • Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Find reliable investors that care for your business model. You can find so many ways of paying the investor back, through ad campaigns, radio ads, posters, etc. Have you even tried to reach out to some investors? 

Indeed, while I don't want to talk too much about IC affairs, there was a large investment offer but it fell through for ROI issues.

11 minutes ago, JustAnM43 said:

Seeing as you mentioned $50 per ad, and there's hundreds of ads daily, if not more, that definitely is a big sum of money and it most definitely piles up.

You also say you want to "invest in community events, host radio shows and have a wide panel of journalists." That's completely IC. Work on getting investors for your news company. If you're unable to pay staff in a month or two, that's also an IC issue. Manage finances better, lower wages, let someone from the team go. It happens a lot and all over news companies.

The server shouldn't provide you with budgeting, that's your job as the manager of the news company. Work on getting investors, lower wages, let some people from the staff go. Manage money better and you'll see results.

The server already provides multiple businesses and factions with budgeting, illegal factions get suppliers, clubs and other businesses get the government bonuses, government factions obviously get budgets, and so on and so forth.

Investors expect a return of investment and news just isn't that profitable, and if it's not a ROI they want, it's control over journalistic content. Legal, non-gov factions already have a hard time with activity and the current price point I pay journalists is the first one that actually encourages any activity at all. I'll say again, why spend hours and effort on an article for 5k when you can make 5-8k working at a nightclub? Letting staff go is an even bigger punishment to faction activity, I can manage money perfectly fine, and if need be, I can raise capital from assets to fund the company, but long term growth will suffer. /Ad is a purely IC mechanic, the only way around this suggestion that makes sense is removing /ad altogether to force businesses and so on to use news companies for advertising.

Does it make sense to you that clubs can make around a ten, twenty thousand dollar profit per night, but news companies can only make a loss? Even when Saints was profitable with like three or four ads blasted over an article, we only made about 10 thousand a week or so. And that was with just me as the only employee.

Edited by HaveADream
  • Applaud 1
12 hours ago, M52B28 said:

I don't believe any news companies deserve this.

For once, I actually agree with you on something. 

As far as I'm concerned, this is basically the game mirroring the same issue that news agencies are struggling with IRL all across the world. Written media has been struggling for some time now, which is why more and more news agencies are shifting over to more of a subscription model and/or hiding more of their articles behind paywalls to make money. 

So I don't necessarily feel that the connection between broadcasted ads without any interaction with a newspaper or other forms of broadcasted news media, makes any sense. And I was against that when it came to Weazel News as well. 

Do I think that news agencies should be rewarded in some shape or form? Sure. But I don't feel that this is the solution.

If your projections show you won’t be able to pay for staff in the coming months apply for a government business grant. Which are available once a month for reasons just like this. 

gov.gta.world

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, inuyasha said:

If your projections show you won’t be able to pay for staff in the coming months apply for a government business grant. Which are available once a month for reasons just like this. 

gov.gta.world

It's certainly a valid approach although I try to limit my reliance on gov funding due to my alt being in gov.

Plus longer term a solution should be in place imho.

12 minutes ago, HaveADream said:

It's certainly a valid approach although I try to limit my reliance on gov funding due to my alt being in gov.

Plus longer term a solution should be in place imho.

You joined gov not even a week ago, plenty of time before that. It makes more sense to me to receive the money through IC means then to have it given from the script imo. 

Edited by Guest