New clothing system

Lance

12 minutes ago, Havana said:

Nooo no no..

This has been implemented on a few other servers and it turns into hell. I'm not kidding, it's hell. There IS a list out there of all the clothing variations from a team that worked themselves to the bone naming the clothes and their color variations.. But if they were to start from scratch, it would take forever.

Also, changing clothes like that is a command nightmare. Even CEF couldn't help it. And then you have to toggle through the torso options manually anyway, and the undershirt option since there are so many different variations and you can't sell it as a full functional shirt.

The clothing system is great now. Changing it to that would make it convoluted and tedious. It's nice for about a day and then you will get sick of it.

Making the jewelry and accessories separate and able to be toggled/removed/etc is a good compromise.

I've tried a similar system on other servers and loved it myself. Main reason why I thought it's a good system is as I mentioned, suit and a dirty white shirt cost as much, in my eyes it's just dumb, plus it's nice to have different clothing stores with diff items. Another thing, Jewelry store is useless. This would make it useful. Plus, add the damn watches server has been a thing for 2 years and watches are still not added.

I think its too much of a hassle - especially in regards to mixing and matching clothes to fit your style. Want a shirt from binco and a jacket from suburban? Oh that Jacket from Suburban doesnt fit the shit you picked? Back to binco. 

It's just a hassle and takes you out of actual roleplay for longer - for nothing but a more sophisticated RPG element. 

I'd like to be able to buy certain clothes and then edit my outfit at home with the items I bought. So I would like to be able to buy clothes on an individual level but as you suggested it provides nothing but a distraction from the roleplay and an annoyance.

If we had a sophisticated wardrobe system where every shirt and item is treated individually, this may make more sense. But as it's suggested - no from me. 

• Upvote 1

I entirely agree with @Coni. It's an RPG element that replaces an already perfectly functioning clothing system. There's no need for it, especially with the absolutely ludicrous amount of time it would take to sort all the clothing items individually, accounting for colours and whatnot. Time that could be far, far more well spent on more pressing matters with the gamemode. 

Strongly disagree.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Lance said:

* Give items names, you can pick tops and they are not just numbers, instead, it should be ''Polo Shirt'', ''Sweater'', ''Designer Shirt''.

I can support only this one, sorry the other ideas are not needed imo, also I prefer the current way

• Developer
2 hours ago, Mitch said:

The amount of work required for this would be monumental

Currently the system works with GTAV Files, in one system with all clothes. We'd have to make a similar script 15x for all clothes parts, not to mention not all stores have the space for it, shapes range colliding with each other. Not a good idea.