New clothing system

Lance

Short description: We need an actual clothing system.

Detailed description: I won't go into much detail because I don't think it will get much recognition, but basically.
* Every store should have several markers, for shirts, go to marker next to the shirts, same for shoes and pants.

* Give items names, you can pick tops and they are not just numbers, instead, it should be ''Polo Shirt'', ''Sweater'', ''Designer Shirt''.
* Binco should have normal clothes, SubUrban more urban and designer choices, Ponsobys will have all the suits and high-end clothing that costs more.

* Chains, Watches(ADD THEM), earrings and all that should be in the Jewelry Store, not Binco.

* Each piece of clothing should have its own price.

Commands to add: Just markers in stores.

Items to add: Just rename numbers to the actual name of the item.

How would your suggestion improve the server: Idk what this current system is trying to be, dirty white shirt costs as much as designer clothes or a suit, rich people will actually feel like rich people.

Additional information: Community should discuss it as well, I personally think it's an improvement from what we have now.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, zUgg zUgg said:

"I won't go into much detail because I don't think it will get much recognition,"

Then why would you put a half-assed effort in from the get go? 

I gave the most info without making it extremely detailed, just enough effort for people to understand what I mean. Don't see the use to write an essay on what might be added the next year, if it ever will. If a dev wants to ask something, I'm here. Don't see what's ''half-assed'' about it.

2 minutes ago, Mitch said:

The amount of work required for this would be monumental

Agreed. In order to rename and categorize all of the clothes, will take a lot of time and effort, reason why I don't expect it to be implemented, not any time soon at least. 

1 minute ago, Zorbe said:

Just make jewerly stores and put chains, earrings and watches there. Current clothing system is alright.

Not a bad idea either, opens up another business to employee players and harbor a source for good RP. 

Getting two birds stoned at once as they say.

• Upvote 1

Nooo no no..

This has been implemented on a few other servers and it turns into hell. I'm not kidding, it's hell. There IS a list out there of all the clothing variations from a team that worked themselves to the bone naming the clothes and their color variations.. But if they were to start from scratch, it would take forever.

Also, changing clothes like that is a command nightmare. Even CEF couldn't help it. And then you have to toggle through the torso options manually anyway, and the undershirt option since there are so many different variations and you can't sell it as a full functional shirt.

The clothing system is great now. Changing it to that would make it convoluted and tedious. It's nice for about a day and then you will get sick of it.

Making the jewelry and accessories separate and able to be toggled/removed/etc is a good compromise.

Edited by Havana