Fist fights

Legate

Can we decide on a standardized way to roleplay fist fights if both participants are ‘evenly matched’ ? I know someone’s going to say roleplay it accordingly or something but when both players are out to win it fuels tension. 

I'm not sure if this works ingame since I never actually got into a fist fight, but the problem with them is that you could just hold space and dodge all the attacks and deal OP damage.

I'd say the best thing is to roll a dice and RP it until stuff isn't that clogged up.

2 hours ago, PaganFears said:

I'm not sure if this works ingame since I never actually got into a fist fight, but the problem with them is that you could just hold space and dodge all the attacks and deal OP damage.

And OP can't? There are no limitations to either side besides does set for both sides by the engine. It's rng as heck due to GTA's Nature but so are /dice. 

Imho the best way to go about it as of now. I would be all for a sophisticated /fight [ID] to give a propability based on your hours fought, etc. but unless you have a way to track a players experience and therefore determine who has the better chance, there is no point in approaching this any other way. 

See script fighting would be a good alternative if it was like samp where it was actually decently synced, it's a fucking mess right now on rage. /roll 1 20 and set a 5-10 "hp" count, first person knocked to the set amount loses the fight is the cleanest way to go about it rn.

The method for that is:

Attacker does his /me first, then does /roll 1 20
Defender does /roll 1 20, then roleplays defending or losing (if his roll is higher or lower, obviously)

Then the defender takes the roll of the attacker after that, and repeat.

It keeps the fights quick and simple, and nobody can be on that god sent punisher 3000 john wayne type shit. Might not always be the fairest since it's based on random numbers, but it keeps it quick and settles shit for both players when people can't agree on something.

Edited by Smonk
  • Upvote 1