Monitor keeps resetting / refreshing / turning on/off

St3fan[NL]

• Developer

Hi!

So I have this issue like once a year. Where my secondary monitor keeps resetting every 10-20secs turning black and then back on. There's no signal loss as it seems it just "reconnects" or something idk really how to explain..

Google said update drivers and renew cables. But that never seemed to work. And its pissing me off so maybe you guys know a solution..

• Developer

I turned my monitor off after making this post, letting it cool off. Since its a heatwave in the Netherlands right now. Figured since its always during the summer it might be the heat. After 2h of cooling down, it seems to be working fine again. Lets hope it was the heat...

11 minutes ago, St3fan[NL] said:

I turned my monitor off after making this post, letting it cool off. Since its a heatwave in the Netherlands right now. Figured since its always during the summer it might be the heat. After 2h of cooling down, it seems to be working fine again. Lets hope it was the heat...

Turn on the A/c?

Is the power supply good enough to support all of your PC components? Check the maximum TDP of the parts and see if your PSU is able to deliver power to all of them.

Buy a new HDMI cable for your monitor and test it out. If the problem persists, I suggest you to try it on all the slots (you should have HDMI1, HDMI2).

Perform a stress test on your GPU.