What do you want to see more of from FD?

JayO

Now I'm going to keep this topic strictly away from the RP side of things as this has been previously discussed in a heated topic.

I want to get people's opinions on what they would like to see the FD doing more IG. We struggle to come up with ideas for public outreach as script support and actual physical items are extremely poor. 

What ideas can you as the community come up with in regards to public outreach, events, script ideas or things you'd like us to do more in general. 

(Please keep this away from actual RP standards please, I do not want another heated thread. Let's keep this pleasant) 

Edited by JayO
  • Upvote 1

For devs:

Ways in which the people can interact with the LSFD through script support that benefits Firefighters, victims, criminals and law enforcement.

E.g.

- Buys fire alarms from LSFD

- Installs fire alarms by LSFD

- Fire alarms sound when fire

- Fire department notified 

- Fire department put out fire inside property

- Property saved

- No fire alarm? No notification unless 911

- Fire department doesn't arrive

- Interior furniture destroyed

- Need to pay for repairs;

- Or claim on the home insurance you brought from insurance companies

And many more;

- Injuries

- Illness

- Mechanical faults on vehicles leads to fires

- Arson

- Public hazards such as fallen trees in road, fallen rocks, gas leaks...etc.

With the threat to the public being real, it encourages people to reach out to the LSFD and attend events. 

For us:

I have struggled intensively to find more ways to interact with the server by ourselves. Sure, I am always happy to try and get events going but chances are they get cancelled, there's lack of interest or they're just too much effort for not much gain. Most folks don't like the amount of text involved and understandably neither do I. 

How-ever there will soon be civilian positions for people to apply for in LSFD Public Relations! ?

For others: 

I am really interested to know what other things people can come up with so do please post away! The more we can interact with others and have all parties involved enjoying it, the better. 

Edited by Cobra
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Cobra said:

For devs:

Ways in which the people can interact with the LSFD through script support that benefits Firefighters, victims, criminals and law enforcement.

E.g.

- Buys fire alarms from LSFD

- Installs fire alarms by LSFD

- Fire alarms sound when fire

- Fire department notified 

- Fire department put out fire inside property

- Property saved

- No fire alarm? No notification unless 911

- Fire department doesn't arrive

- Interior furniture destroyed

- Need to pay for repairs;

- Or claim on the home insurance you brought from insurance companies

This provides a lot more scenarios for the State Fire Marshals, which I would love to see. 

What I want to add:

• If people do not have the fire safety certificate, insurance should not cover their building. If they do not have it, any fatalities that takes place inside of their business due to a fire should have them reliable for it.
  • Give State Fire Marshals a form of authority over citizens.
  • Allow us to use the MDC to log medical records, write fines and warnings onto citizens' record. For example, as a Fire Marshal, I each time have to contact the LSPD to give someone a citation or a warning. Last time I tried to give out a formal written warning, the LSPD got called away to an active shooting. I think most of the time the LSPD is just too busy to handle things like these, and that's why Fire Marshals should gain the authority to do so.
  • Firearms for Fire Marshals. It is how it is in real life, even if we would be allowed to carry personal firearms which is licensed, of course, would make it a lot better for us. 
  • Dogs. Please. We need a mascot, and besides for that, dogs can prove useful during fire investigations for the Fire Marshals. They can sniff out substances that us humans cannot. Dogs can also be used to locate trapped victims inside of a building that collapsed/caught fire, which we cannot locate/ and which allows us to work faster on a scene.
  • Fire Marshals to provide general safety for people on a major incident scene that the LSPD is not involved with. For example, a few days ago where the Tug was stranded on the beach. Fire Marshals can keep control over the situation and instruct citizens to move away, etc, for this case we then do NOT need the LSPD on scene, they might just be needed elsewhere during one of our situations.
1 minute ago, Mitch said:

Can't most of these be covered in the FD's internal suggestions and or be handled with Faction Management? 

I mean the thread is literally called 'what do you want to see more of from FD' so the dude's just voicing what he wants to see.

1.) I have struggled to engage with the Medical aspect of the FD ever since I tried (three attempts total). It mostly ended with getting no response at all, not knowing IF someone was responding to begin with and the most thing I struggled with 

2.) Near to no activity in the Hospital. It's one thing to drive around and expect the FD to be able and pick up every emergency call. We can help with that by bringing the injured to the hospital. But when you seek medical treatment RP and you can't find it, it's just frustrating and I understand why some people learn by these moments to not even try. 

Not shooting at anyone but those have been my experiences with the FD - essentially none. 

2 minutes ago, Coni said:

1.) I have struggled to engage with the Medical aspect of the FD ever since I tried (three attempts total). It mostly ended with getting no response at all, not knowing IF someone was responding to begin with and the most thing I struggled with 

2.) Near to no activity in the Hospital. It's one thing to drive around and expect the FD to be able and pick up every emergency call. We can help with that by bringing the injured to the hospital. But when you seek medical treatment RP and you can't find it, it's just frustrating and I understand why some people learn by these moments to not even try. 

Not shooting at anyone but those have been my experiences with the FD - essentially none. 

It's wrong of you to assume that the Fire Department runs a hospital, which they do not. Hospitals are usually private entities that have nothing to do with the government.