Stuck at "Loading packages list"

Zorbe

I'd like to know what version of the game you currently own - is it Rockstar or Steam? If you own the Steam one, you should try verifying the integrity of the game files.

Install the latest driver of Microsoft Visual Studio as it is mandatory to run the RageMP's launcher. You're probably running an outdated one, acquired from the Microsoft updates.

Another fix that I've previously encountered - exclusively on the previous launchers, before RageMP - is that you should finish the first mission of the game, in case you don't have any savegames. There's an option of the game that allows you to save your progress in the Rockstar's cloud so you should try this as well, it might come up as being effective.

Run the game in different compatibilities. Switch between them at a time.

Leave a reply and let me know if you've made any progress.

1 minute ago, taylor said:

I'd like to know what version of the game you currently own - is it Rockstar or Steam? If you own the Steam one, you should try verifying the integrity of the game files.

Install the latest driver of Microsoft Visual Studio as it is mandatory to run the RageMP's launcher. You're probably running an outdated one, acquired from the Microsoft updates.

Another fix that I've previously encountered - exclusively on the previous launchers, before RageMP - is that you should finish the first mission of the game, in case you don't have any savegames. There's an option of the game that allows you to save your progress in the Rockstar's cloud so you should try this as well, it might come up as being effective.

Run the game in different compatibilities. Switch between them at a time.

Leave a reply and let me know if you've made any progress.

I'm running a Rockstar one right now. 
I already made progress in SP, and gone Online too. Compatibilities, switched them. I'll try with Microsoft Visual Studio, thank you. @taylor

Since the latest update @Zorbe (RageMP) have seemed to have done some server mod loading improvements which could've been causing your issue. My suggestion is to use the unstable version of the RageMP client (as shown by Nervous on the GTA:W Discord announcements channel) with the most up to date version of the game (with the new Diamond DLC) and see if your game loads now?

• 1 month later...

I know this is old and you've tried almost everything, but I've had similar issues in the past. So if anyone encounters this in the future, what I would suggest:

1. Uninstall Rage MP through Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
  2. Browse to the install location of Rage MP and delete the main RAGEMP folder with everything inside of it.
    • After uninstalling Rage MP, it leaves behind some files, including the server resources.
  3. Perform an integrity check on your GTA V installation through Steam (although I think this might be optional as long as your GTA V works fine.)
    • I assume you already know how to do this.
  4. Restart your PC.
  5. Reinstall Rage MP.
  6. Run RAGE MP as administrator and connect to GTA World.
  7. If you get past the "Loading packages list" and it starts downloading and shows a counter, then you should be good to go. If it gets stuck on \dlcpacks\soupiesthairs\dlc.rpf it's only because it's a fairly large file and I think the server throttles the download. So if you go to your Rage MP folder: client_resources\164.132.206.209_22005\dlcpacks\soupiesthairs, right click and hit Refresh every few seconds you will see the file being downloaded and the size increasing. Total file size is about 78MB. You may encounter this with a few of the other server resource files after that too.
    • Many people think the download is stuck when they get to that point as it doesn't have a progress bar. It only shows the number of files you've downloaded out of the total number of files.
Edited by Scorgasmic
On 8/27/2019 at 5:01 PM, Scorgasmic said:

I know this is old and you've tried almost everything, but I've had similar issues in the past. So if anyone encounters this in the future, what I would suggest:

1. Uninstall Rage MP through Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
  2. Browse to the install location of Rage MP and delete the main RAGEMP folder with everything inside of it.
    • After uninstalling Rage MP, it leaves behind some files, including the server resources.
  3. Perform an integrity check on your GTA V installation through Steam (although I think this might be optional as long as your GTA V works fine.)
    • I assume you already know how to do this.
  4. Restart your PC.
  5. Reinstall Rage MP.
  6. Run RAGE MP as administrator and connect to GTA World.
  7. If you get past the "Loading packages list" and it starts downloading and shows a counter, then you should be good to go. If it gets stuck on \dlcpacks\soupiesthairs\dlc.rpf it's only because it's a fairly large file and I think the server throttles the download. So if you go to your Rage MP folder: client_resources\164.132.206.209_22005\dlcpacks\soupiesthairs, right click and hit Refresh every few seconds you will see the file being downloaded and the size increasing. Total file size is about 78MB. You may encounter this with a few of the other server resource files after that too.
    • Many people think the download is stuck when they get to that point as it doesn't have a progress bar. It only shows the number of files you've downloaded out of the total number of files.

this one isn't working for me. I got the same issue. 

• Cara locked this topic