Stuck at "Loading packages list"

Zorbe

So I did a fresh reinstall of GTA V last night, RAGE also, and when I want to connect to the server I get stuck at loading packages list. Tried to download client resources and install them by myself, still the same thing. Won't start downloading or even loading the ones I put in the RAGE folder. 

Edited by Zorbe

Do you leave it a long while or do you wait a couple minutes then give up? If so, wait it out a little longer.

Bit of a blind hit here, if the above doesnt work, try re-connecting with F1 (Press F1, Direct Connect, put the IP: 164.132.206.209:22005, and push connect) This should re download the packages necessary.

Thirdly, are you absolutely sure you have everything necessary for the server? If none of the above help, I can go on the server today, ensure I have everything new downloaded (if any) and send you the files.

I was waiting for 30 minutes +/-, tried to re-connect with F1 menu and still I have the same issue.

"Connected"

"Downloading the files"

And it gets stuck at loading packages list, does not download anything, it just creates me an folder in client resources.

You think maybe it has something to do with my firewall or antivirus? I have this issue since my antivirus updated. @Connor

7 minutes ago, Zorbe said:

I was waiting for 30 minutes +/-, tried to re-connect with F1 menu and still I have the same issue.

"Connected"

"Downloading the files"

And it gets stuck at loading packages list, does not download anything, it just creates me an folder in client resources.

You think maybe it has something to do with my firewall or antivirus? I have this issue since my antivirus updated. @Connor

Could always give it a go? Try disabling your firewall then relog. If it is, make an exception on your firewall.

Tried that, still the same thing. Don't know what else to try. Maybe some old RAGEMP files? If there's any withinin the RAGEMP folder. It acts like I have all the packages and won't start downloading. Same when I install them myself. @Connor

Edited by Zorbe

Hi Zorbe,

I got the same issue last night about the problem you have (Stuck at loading connecting for a long time).

What I tried to do is=

1. Restart my connection

2. Restart my steam

3. Shut down my computer for several hours and try to log back

Points number three works for me. Hopefully, you could try to give it some times first and hopefully, it would be fixed for you soon. 

Good luck and Cheers,

SS

• Cara locked this topic